LegacyGT.com

Monster Energy... Anyone Else??

Platinum_Racing

We have all these energy drinks at work... and everyone here drinks them daily to get going. They offered me one a while ago. I took a sip and dumped the rest of the can out. It tasted 'chemical-like'. Read the ingredient list, there are more things I can't recognize on the list. If I need caffeine, I'll have my coffee or tea with milk. Thank you.

I have enough drama for now.....

A simple cup of morning coffee is all I need to get me going. One cup. a little cream and sugar.

Agreed that this energy drink fad is all hype and they lure people with the 'cool' marketing and sponserships, and then hook 'em on the mega-doses of sugar and caffeine.

I do take natural ginseng every day in the morning, and it has helped me get through the day with a generally pleasant attitude for about 10 years now. But a multi-vitamin in the morning can have the same effect on me too.

Some of the other um, 'additives' in the energy drinks are the big question mark.

B6 and B12 are great for energy too.

You can find specific combo doses of these 2 in pill form at any grocery store.

yeah 5 hour energy is basically that with the same caffeine as one cup of coffee. works for me if im having a day thats dragging on or loosing the edge on a long car trip

yeah 5 hour energy is basically that with the same caffeine as one cup of coffee. works for me if im having a day thats dragging on or loosing the edge on a long car trip

I used to drink those when I would do my occasional 3rd shift at my second job I had a while back. They work but when you crash, you crash Hard.

Its like I would work for 4 hours, drink a "5 Hour Energy", be good for 3 hours, then after that I would slump around waiting to die for 2 1/12 hours until I went home.

I think the Monster taste like crap, except the Monster Java. I really like the way they taste. All creamy and coffe like with wonderful flavors like mean Bean and Russian and of course Mocha. I don't drink them too often, but I have noticed drinking those on an empty stomach makes me more prone to the energy shock. Please drink responsibly! :spin:

I used to drink those when I would do my occasional 3rd shift at my second job I had a while back. They work but when you crash, you crash Hard.

Its like I would work for 4 hours, drink a "5 Hour Energy", be good for 3 hours, then after that I would slump around waiting to die for 2 1/12 hours until I went home.

I found the exact opposite with it actually. energy drinks cause you to crash

Vitamin B4!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist

I'll agree that a normal diet/sleep/exercise schedule will help tremendously (hell just pick 2/3 and you're most likely fine). Still, there are those days where I only got 2 hours of sleep (if any) and need to power through a busy day. I'll cheat and grab a blue can of Rockstar (Sugar free version) for some reason it doesn't result in the same crash, but since I sip it all day I do notice that I get dehydrated towards the end of the day if I'm not careful and don't have some water as well.

I do notice crashes with any of the sugared drinks though. Still the Rockstar drinks with the fruit juice mixed in is pretty damn good. The guava one comes to mind. They are enjoyable mixers though. Still, the don't seem too healthy so I try to limit them.

i really like monster and the blend of juices they use

but i feel like a minority here haha

Yeah, some of the juice blend ones are quite good.

And I really like the killer-b and anti gravity flavors of nitrous monster.

The normal monster is too "thick". Like drinking medicine or something.

The energy drinks only make me feel "jittery" on occasion, but I've never had a particularly strong reaction to caffeine. They do have high amounts of caffeine and some people simply react badly to caffeine. The relatively small amount of caffeine even in a 20 oz mt dew is enough to make my wife's heart feel like it's gonna jump out of her chest, so she has to be careful what she drinks.

Archived