LegacyGT.com

Legacys New and Old in Houston?

JS_Airforce

Guys, moved to Houston 2 years ago now and just added another LGT to the family. I previously had one when I lived in NY but now that I'm here I'd like to find a tuned friendly mechanic who isn't going to void my extended warranty while trying to help me figure out what is going on with my car. Anyone know if Gillman is mod friendly or any places in the metro that can help?

Thanks.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm jealous!! I haven't seen my car in two weeks! :)

Ya i know how that goes, what all do you have done to the car? I'm pretty sure I saw you once on woodlands parkway a while back, I was in my friends black 05 wrx with gold wheels

Ya i know how that goes, what all do you have done to the car? I'm pretty sure I saw you once on woodlands parkway a while back, I was in my friends black 05 wrx with gold wheels

18g turbo, avo dp, ID1000s inject, fuel pump, upgraded BV, ect.... Oh, and a tune. :). If you go to the 5th gen section, I have a thread on the whole build...fun! I just want to drive my car. That prob was me. I have the only 5th gen LGT in north Houston... I think there is/was a white one in Pasadena.....

Hey island, what's the pricing like at kozmic, and why'd u choose them over Jtran?

Only reason was that a bunch of NASIOC guys suggested and gave him props. He's close to me too so that helped. I've heard good things about Jtran too. Price-wise I thought was fair and upfront. You can pull up their prices on their website if you want. I previously drove to Plano for Cobb to work on my car... just sooooo far away.

no shizzle--cobb waaaaayyyy too far.....I'm over in Spring @ Kuykendahl and 2920, and have just finished putting on my coilovers and front strut brace. Now its time for power upgrades since the handling department is covered. I have been considering doing it at Jtran, but haven't been by these folks yet. I will have to check them out when i get back into town next week.

You guys should come out on Wednesday also to the nasioc nw houston meets to we switch off eating between 45 and 1960 and 249 and 1960. This week will be 249 side

I do ever so often... Because i coach, my practice ends at 7:30 so I normally just get the tail end of the meets.

Any one know a reputable shop that can change my timing belt for me? Would rather not take it to the dealership based off quotes i received and what other people here were saying. Emailed awd tuning in flower mound and never received a reply back.

Had a couple people flake out on my that have done it before. I have the timing belt kit already from fred beans and would prefer it if i didn't have to buy a kit from the shop.

Thanks.

yeah, id like to say that as well. It's also more of a can't pay 1k versus desire to. Got an interview sometime next week hopefully (through an acquaintance) might just say yolo after i have it and attempt to do it myself.

but for now its my only car left lol. I am looking to buy a house so the last thing i really need is to throw a car payment on top of that.

Archived