LegacyGT.com

Life of stock LGT shocks?

Gmoe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rao - Do you know of someone who has pre-built adapters and such? I haven't found ANY and no one seems to know of any. I think Renegade engineering (or some such) develops porsche adapter kits but said they weren't doing one for the boxster.

• 3 months later...
After you are all done bashing the "bounce" technique, anyone wanna find a better way to test the shocks without removing them from the car?

Amen.

Thanks for the info. fellas.

With a 120k miles on my stock shocks I cannot decide if I want to replace them or not. Testing them tells me no, but the car feels more "floaty" than it used to so perhaps it is time. Adding to that, I don't want to cause any excess wear on the coils and have to replace those as well on a car I only intended to drive another 2 to 3 years.

120k?? phhfffff!!! I'm at 140,900 on mine. Every now and then going over a speed bump I hear a squeak.

Haven't really noticed any floating, but I've been driving the car so much that I probably wouldn't notice unless i got in another car with fewer miles to compare.

I feel like Kramer when he took the Saab out for a test drive to see how far he could go on 1 tank of gas:lol:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived