LegacyGT.com

Picture request: Legacy lowered on H&R Springs

Chrisbl

here are some shots of my ride with H&R sport springs and konis. really nice combo. wheels are 17x8 with 225/45 17 rubber. chris from touge tuning took these pics about 3 weeks after installation, the front springs definitely needed some time to settle.

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj512/TougeTuning/IMG_3827.jpg

rear:

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj512/TougeTuning/IMG_3829.jpg

front:

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj512/TougeTuning/IMG_3830.jpg

• 3 months later...

sold the g-forces and picked up new wheels and tires this year. H&R + koni set up is still great. thought i saw some sagging in the rear this winter but i just had too much stuff in my trunk. i did order some shims, however, and may install them in the rear since I often keep tools in the trunk and like an even look.

rota gravels, hyper silver, 18x8 +48

falken 453, 235 40 18

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/waxon_waxoff_01/IMG1121.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/waxon_waxoff_01/IMG1122.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt192/waxon_waxoff_01/IMG1123.jpg

with nothing in the trunk, gap is very even front and rear at about 1.5 fingers. im really happy with this setup!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
eny wagon?? and should a wagon need saggy butt spacer? if yes how much?

Wow way to bump a 2 year old thread! See my signature for more pictures of my wagon with H&R springs and 3/8 saggy butt spacers. 18x8.5 et44 Rota Gravel with Goodyear Eagle 235/40r18 tires

16569110134_bdf8505ba3_k.jpg16770483540_012dc33abf_k.jpg

And a stock springs picture

15183621950_45f5eec257_k.jpg

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• 2 months later...

Gonna resurrect the thread again with a question. If I get the Koni/H&R setup will I need a different type of top-hat than stock?

Also, any issues with bump steer going this low? Will the Whiteline bump steer kit be necessary?

No, you will be fine with stock hats, but if you're going for wider wheels/tires, you may want to look into WL Com-C hats for additional caster/camber adjustment. I'm running 245/40/18's with 9.5" tread width, so I had to go the Com-C route for clearance.

No truly notable issues with bump-steer, but a RCK + ALK will definitely help with sharper response and turn-in on a lowered car.

• 4 years later...

Am I a bad person for resurrecting this thread? I dunno if people are still looking for H&R pics, but here is my 05 wagon on Koni shocks, Subaru OEM top hats, and H&R springs with a 3/8 saggy butt spacer. Tires are 215/45R17 (stock size).

rsz_wagonfrontlip.thumb.png.5939ae95179e74f9f9dd01938b20637e.png

Edited by Pleides

Am I a bad person for resurrecting this thread? I dunno if people are still looking for H&R pics, but here is my 05 wagon on Koni shocks, Subaru OEM top hats, and H&R springs with a 3/8 saggy butt spacer. Tires are 215/45R17 (stock size).

rsz_wagonfrontlip.png

:lol: You're only a bad person if you are trying to show us something and don't upload any pics to show us.

If you're having trouble uploading, reduce the file size by 50% and retry.

People will always look for pictures. I've been tearing apart these forums for the last 5yrs (my account is new) and still look through the old archives for stuff.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

:lol: You're only a bad person if you are trying to show us something and don't upload any pics to show us.

If you're having trouble uploading, reduce the file size by 50% and retry.

People will always look for pictures. I've been tearing apart these forums for the last 5yrs (my account is new) and still look through the old archives for stuff.

Huh... my picture uploaded and showed in the final post... did it get removed?

Interesting.. linked 404'd but your quote shows the image I originally uploaded in higher quality... ah whatever. I fixed it now.

Edited by Pleides

• 1 month later...

[ATTACH]283864[/ATTACH]

You have great timing! I'm torn between H&R and Swift.

How's the ride quality compared to stock? Do you know the height of your wheel wells or how much it dropped your car?

Any additional info would be appreciated

You have great timing! I'm torn between H&R and Swift.

How's the ride quality compared to stock? Do you know the height of your wheel wells or how much it dropped your car?

Any additional info would be appreciated

Mine dropped slightly less in the rear because of the 3/8” spacer, but the front dropped 1.4 inches. Ride quality is pretty comparable to stock until you hit big potholes. Then it feels just slightly worse. Legitimately wouldn’t be an issue for my grandad or anything like that. Haven’t gotten any complaints with passengers in the car and haven’t needed to roll fenders with the stock tire size.

Swifts slam the heck outta the car with Konis (as they do with stock KYBs) so only go with those if you want your car lower than mine.

• 1 year later...
Sorry to bump this thread, but wanted to let anybody know that is in the market for these springs that (now that I've got my winter tires on) 225/45R18s have mild rub with these springs, even with rolled fenders. My 235/40R18 summer tires do not rub with rolled fenders.

• 2 weeks later...
Pleides, l05Redgtwagon, and Magunsonsubie thanks for throwing out the info for the wagon, as well as pics! Exactly what I was wondering. Debating on these and STi pinks/konis.

Pinks don't drop the car quite as aggressively. As I mentioned above, 235/40R18 is the biggest you'll fit with these springs and fender rolling without rubbing whatsoever. Hope that helps.