LegacyGT.com

0-60 times?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the trap times he says his car ran were 1/8 mile times. he wasnt running a 1/4mile track. he didnt realize that. my guess;)

At 130 mph trap speed? :eek:

Yeah, that's it. :rolleyes:

By the way, if you ran a stock LGT in the 1/8th and the best you turned in was an 11.5 sec, you need to learn how to drive. His S4 will outrun a stock LGT no problem.

Don't try to say that you were teasing me. We both know that's not the truth. Re-read your reply! You suggested that my claim of an 11 second stg. 3 S4 @ 130mph was as outlandish as using a diode mod. You continued to challenge me in your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs...

And we both see how stupid someone looks when they claim a 3700lb car with apx 300hp can run a 11.5 1/4. Stop reading Super Street.

You came off overly confident and sarcastic in your reply.

Forgive me for understanding basic physics. Thank you stoplight assassin for your supplied equations.

I'm sure next time you'll be sure that the stuff that spills out of your mouth is dead accurate when using that approach. I sent you a PM incase you missed my reply. It's important that you read it.

Acting like a jackhole in PM is not appropriate. If you knew anything you would know this forum autosubs people unless otherwise set. It is important that you educate yourself in basic physics!!!

You seemd very misinformed, and I couldn't have you go on in life actualy thinking an S4 couldn't break 12 seconds (@130mph) ;)

An s4 cant break 12 seconds with numbers like 260/330. Not anywhere near it. I can't believe you are still going on about this! How embarassing for you.

And we both see how stupid someone looks when they claim a 3700lb car with apx 300hp can run a 11.5 1/4. Stop reading Super Street.

Forgive me for understanding basic physics. Thank you stoplight assassin for your supplied equations.

Acting like a jackhole in PM is not appropriate. If you knew anything you would know this forum autosubs people unless otherwise set. It is important that you educate yourself in basic physics!!!

An s4 cant break 12 seconds with numbers like 260/330. Not anywhere near it. I can't believe you are still going on about this! How embarassing for you.

come on s4's are the fastest awd out there. they come with like 600/650 out of the box:lol:

come on s4's are the fastest awd out there. they come with like 600/650 out of the box:lol:

Sure but only after the ebay diode:lol:

EDIT: Honestly, I am more interested in any LGT 60ft times that people have pulled at the strip. I am often amazed at AWD launch power and too kind to my own car to do a full drag launch

Stock for Stock and S4 will spank an LGT

Whether it's auto, or 6 speed.

The difference in weight is a small 200lbs.

Plus the quattro awd is a much better awd than symmetrical

Hence why audi is banned from racing, German cars are made better.

I think even subaru realized this, so they built an affordable audi with more problems than an audi.

05 LGT LTD 5MT = 3365 lbs. 01 Audi S4 = 3700lbs. 05 Audi S4 = 3825lbs. Those are not small differences

It is not much better. Both systems are the best you can buy.

Hence why audi is banned from racing,

They are? Explain why they won DTM the last 3 years in a row and won LeMans 8 times in the past 10 years? The ban you are talking about was from the BTCC in the mid 90s and they weren't banned b/c of an unfair of their awd system either. Many cars in the BTCC were using similar AWD systems at the time. The ban resulted from various reasons, none having to do with quattro. Stop getting info from 10 year old commercials.

German cars are made better.

Then why buy a Japanese car? A better built car will save you money in the long run.

I think even subaru realized this, so they built an affordable audi with more problems than an audi.

Again, why not sell your car and buy a 4 year old Audi?

^^^^^ Could not have explained it better myself....I have owned 3 Audi's and do luv them but they have more probs than the Subies and cost a lot more to fix... And a stock S4 will not rape a LGT,0-60 is just a couple of tenths..

Hence why audi is banned from racing, German cars are made better.

Dude I have no idea where you are coming from.

First of all a "stock" lgt would compare to a A4 which it would RAPE and still be cheaper than. Second, a properly tuned LGT at stage 2 will RAPE a stock S4 AND cost 20 grand less. The weight difference is NOT small and German cars are made with more refinement and more things to break - definately not better. Ever driven a base powertrain 5 series? What a joke. Seriously disappointing. Try turning on the radio with the stupid knob. Brainless. Dozens more examples from the many BMW and Audi my family have owned over the years I can spout if you really want to hear.

Want to know how many bolts and tie downs I have to use to get my BMW battery out??? 5. FIVE??? My mum's Suzuki? ZERO - it was designed in such a way that the comparment contains the battery properly, cheaply and easily and BEST OF ALL SIMPLY.

Dont claim baseless things like "better" when it is less reliable, more complicated and more expensive but basically does the exact same thing.

EDIT: Having riden many, many motorcycles, BMW motorcycles in particular have some very cutting edge technology that has been incorporated in the last several years that moves them lightyears ahead of all compareable bikes outside the superbike and under 600cc dualsport arena (F650 is not THAT impressive but also not pure bmw). Telelever suspension (if you don't know about it, wiki it - it is really amazing), drive by wire, antilock, linked brakes, etc. BMW motorcycles are truly amazing and so is the sticker shock of the bike and the maintenance. I am NOT a German hater or a German tech hater. ANYONE WANNA GO RIDING?

Were you preloading the drivetrain with the e-break? Did you use the AP launch control? Most important, what kind of tires are on your car?

Agressive stage 2+ set-up really should be mid 5s, although you could be a much better driver than most. You're sure it's not teh spec b?

i disagree, it can hit mid 5's stock w/ 5mt...

ive seen as low as 4.4-4.6, which is pretty much 04-05 sti range

i disagree, it can hit mid 5's stock w/ 5mt...

ive seen as low as 4.4-4.6, which is pretty much 04-05 sti range

Is the "ive seen as low as 4.4-4.6" from a stock 5mt LGT? Just curious, and by seen, what do you mean? Youtube? Streetrace? Dragstrip? GPS?

I am asking out of ignorance! I would love a mid 4 second zero to sixty.

And of course we ALL have calibrated equipment like Car and Driver to measure such things, correct?

I must not have gotten my radar gun in the mail...:confused:

Let the bench racing continue!

My wagon does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. My wife measured it with her Citizen wrist watch.:lol:

And of course we ALL have calibrated equipment like Car and Driver to measure such things, correct?

I must not have gotten my radar gun in the mail...:confused:

Let the bench racing continue!

My wagon does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. My wife measured it with her Citizen wrist watch.:lol:

Not being a smartass at all but... Some of us actually DO have radar guns.

I know, I know, this admission makes me a HUGE NERD:rolleyes:, but when I was looking for extreme speed out of my RC cars, I picked up a radar gun on ebay. It was the easiest way to get consistant testing of gear ratio speeds (I did not care if the MATH claimed 118k rpm at motor, I wanted to see if it would in the real world. HOWEVER it does not give me acceleration, just speed. I guess no good for 0-60 times :lol:

I will say that my 1:18 scale RC will DEMOLISH even an 11 second S4 in 60ft times and 0-60. In fact, wanna race for pinks? I'll win both 60ft and 0-60! (try 1 second/2.5 second - I know I cannot really know because I only have a radar gun but it is a general guess)

EDIT: Here is the link to a cheap ebay radar gun - before poo-pooing it, read reviews: it is +/- 3% (that is my experience)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-HOT-WHEELS-RADAR-GUN-SPEED-DETECTOR-100-MPH-NEW_W0QQitemZ230427110464QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiecast_Vehicles?hash=item35a686ac40

Its funny I asked basically what our cars can run 0-60 and its turned into a battle of the LGT vs S4:cool:.. Im still impressed with as little as a $1000 into our cars what can be accomplished ...

Try $500-800 proper stage 2!!! ERZ DP $340 (turboback special $600) Infamous Tune $200 M2 Up (if you need it) $30 THATS HAWT!

Is the "ive seen as low as 4.4-4.6" from a stock 5mt LGT? Just curious, and by seen, what do you mean? Youtube? Streetrace? Dragstrip? GPS?

I am asking out of ignorance! I would love a mid 4 second zero to sixty.

excuse me i need to clarify, i meant 4.4-4.6 for stage 2 vehicles timed with a gtech

I was just playing GT4 and I can confirm a stock JDM Legacy 2.0 Spec B can complete the .25 in 12.5 seconds at 110mph. Since everything in JDM land is better, I can assume (on the conservative side) a stock USDM Spec B can do a low 13 second quarter mile. No one knows how to drive it that quickly though.

How's that for meaningless info Gire? :lol:

I was just playing GT4 and I can confirm a stock JDM Legacy 2.0 Spec B can complete the .25 in 12.5 seconds at 110mph. Since everything in JDM land is better, I can assume (on the conservative side) a stock USDM Spec B can do a low 13 second quarter mile. No one knows how to drive it that quickly though.

How's that for meaningless info Gire? :lol:

How much POWER does it get from a stage 3 turbo? :lol:

Archived