LegacyGT.com

0-60 times?

When you look at it it is very possible.

the s4 from factory is like the lgt doing 250/250 hp/tq at crank

But unlike the LGt, full torque on the audi is at 1900 rpms on stock exhaust.

not to mention its bi turbo, twin turbo whatever you want to call it

so having all thaqt torque in stock form is great, let alone chipped. :D

The S4 must have one of those $10 ebay resistors that give you 50hp and 100mpg. Link anyone??? 130mph @ 11.5...

And whats this??? A STAGE 3 Audi S4 with a launch doing mid 12s??? (granted, i think it is the previous model, but they did not all of a sudden become a Z06 with the facelift)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsVsidp-lAk]YouTube- S4 vs S4: B5 Quarter Mile Challenge[/ame]

Bro, put the S4 away and noone will get hurt... (BTW - My built 90s Honda (b20/b16 nitrous) had similar numbers to an S4 and never came close to breaking into the 11s - not even on hot drag slicks)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The S4 must have one of those $10 ebay resistors that give you 50hp and 100mpg. Link anyone??? 130mph @ 11.5...

And whats this??? A STAGE 3 Audi S4 with a launch doing mid 12s??? (granted, i think it is the previous model, but they did not all of a sudden become a Z06 with the facelift)

Bro, put the S4 away and noone will get hurt... (BTW - My built 90s Honda (b20/b16 nitrous) had similar numbers to an S4 and never came close to breaking into the 11s - not even on hot drag slicks)

How about 130mph@ 11.19??

LEARNHOWTOUSEASEARCHENGINE

All I did was type in "Audi S4 11 second 1/4 mile".. ^It was the first result..

I would have hoped that you would have done the same before acting so certain and being a flat out dickhead.

Also, there was no previous model to a B5 S4 in the US. Get your facts and research straight before you try to talk like a big boy.

And here is a helpful heads up because I feel sorry for you... If you limit your research strategies to youtube, this sort of foot-in-mouth scenario will be a frequent occurence for you.

Sorry about your ego..

They don't cost that much to maintain if you DIY and know where to source parts. I havent had it to the shop in the last 5 years of ownership for anything but tires and alignments. The Subaru looks to be like taking appart a toy when the time comes, though. I like that!

And just for fun.. This is an S4 wagon (avant) tearing it up. Not the sexiest beast on the road with it's paint/decal job... Not sure what stage or mods, but it's pretty much incredible no matter what is under (or whats sticking out of) the hood.

Most cars have lots of potential, it just takes time and money to make it happen.

How about 130mph@ 11.19??

LEARNHOWTOUSEASEARCHENGINE

All I did was type in "Audi S4 11 second 1/4 mile".. ^It was the first result..

I would have hoped that you would have done the same before acting so certain and being a flat out dickhead.

Also, there was no previous model to a B5 S4 in the US. Get your facts and research straight before you try to talk like a big boy.

And here is a helpful heads up because I feel sorry for you... If you limit your research strategies to youtube, this sort of foot-in-mouth scenario will be a frequent occurence for you.

Sorry about your ego..

Wow you are a such a complete and total sphincter it is AMAZING:

All I did was GOOGLE in audi stage 3 quarter mile and that was the FIRST that came up

I said I "think" it could be a previous model - not that I knew - MAYBE YOU NEED TO LEARN TO *READ*

The only one eating foot is you acting like a complete and total jackhole who belongs on another forum.

If you can't see I was teasing you, your mother dropped you on you head!!! :lol:

That you felt that you need to PM me about what a jackhole you are lets me know how much this bothered you. Maybe you need thicker skin before posting on the internet???

I know I dont need to PM you, you are poised to say something else depricating to try to make yourself feel good. My post was funny and trying to be informative. You are just a combative jackhole.

EDIT: and blocked, btw that *IS* a really fast stage 3 S4

stuff

Don't try to say that you were teasing me. We both know that's not the truth. Re-read your reply! You suggested that my claim of an 11 second stg. 3 S4 @ 130mph was as outlandish as using a diode mod. You continued to challenge me in your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs...

Of course it bothers me when people pretend to be experts on something- and then they back it up with proof that they are not. You came off overly confident and sarcastic in your reply. I'm sure next time you'll be sure that the stuff that spills out of your mouth is dead accurate when using that approach. I sent you a PM incase you missed my reply. It's important that you read it. You seemd very misinformed, and I couldn't have you go on in life actualy thinking an S4 couldn't break 12 seconds (@130mph) ;)

No one ever said an S4 can't run 11s. We said any car with 260whp weighing 3700 lbs will not run 11s and trap 130 or even 120.

here's the math to back it up: net hp = race weight in lbs x (trap speed in mph/228.4(this is a constant))^3

According to Edmunds your S4 weighs 3700lbs dry. Assuming you weigh 150lbs, that gives a race weight of 3850.

You said you trapped 130 (or maybe 120, you can't remember)...so now we can plug in the numbers to find your net hp. BTW these are sea level figures.

net hp = 3850lbs x (130mph/228.4)^3 = 709 net hp

net hp = 3850lbs x (120mph/228.4)^3 = 559 net hp

Your numbers don't compute.

The numbers don't compute. We established that a while ago and I'm sure at this point it's irelevant. I was challenged to provide a link for an S4 - 130mph @ 11.5. He opened up with sarcasm, asked for a link because he couldn't believe it, and again challenged the notion of being in the 11's twice more. I think that's where we are at right now. I've already said that my recolection of the whp, etc. is very possibly inaccurate. If you want to continue to explain how the #'s don't compute, then I'd say you're beating a dead horse.

The numbers don't compute. We established that a while ago and I'm sure at this point it's irelevant. I was challenged to provide a link for an S4 - 130mph @ 11.5. He opened up with sarcasm, asked for a link because he couldn't believe it, and again challenged the notion of being in the 11's twice more. I think that's where we are at right now. I've already said that my recolection of the whp, etc. is very possibly inaccurate. If you want to continue to explain how the #'s don't compute, then I'd say you're beating a dead horse.

Okay, so I've been following this thread because I was intrigued by the S4. I thought the numbers were a bit askew as well. What is consistent is that Stage 3 S4s can in fact run the 1/4 mile well into the 11s. There are a couple possible explanations. We've already considered that you are not recalling all the power, e.t., and mph numbers and you agreed. So maybe you are running more power than you say. However, is it possible that the 11.5 e.t. could have been a 1000ft track? Those are getting more popular and it seems that 11.5 might seem a bit more accurate provided the other numbers are correct.

Back on topic, since I'm not going to be launching my car, especially after the turbo upgrade, I will not be breaking any 0-60 records. :(

I'm gonna need to buy LOTs of popsicles for you guys.........:)

Do we really suck that much? :lol:

If he ran at 1000ft and trapped 130, his car would be somewhere in the area of 730 - 775whp at sea level. We could figure it out relatively easily, provided he knows the max boost.

Yeah, forgot about the trap speed. I think at this juncture it's a moot point. The numbers just don't jibe. :rolleyes:

Archived