LegacyGT.com

0-60 times?

The bench racing in here is epic!

Keep the personal insults out of the thread, or I'll close her down and point the offenders.

Carry on with the S4 vs LGT battle of the century.;)

How's [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AiubloMkK8]THIS[/ame] for official.

A youtube video where the LGT driver is asleep at the wheel and lets the S4 have the jump, the S4 overrevs, and the LGT starts reeling him back in before they both shut down. C'mon, it's rock solid. Oh..and the race begins with the irrefutably accurate '3-honk'. :lol: You can't argue with all that. :p

The aforementioned information and display in no way supports or condones illegal street racing and is only used for the purposes of providing an accurate illustration of the subject matter at hand. All participants and objects filmed on a closed circuit by professionals under the strictest of safety regulations.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how's this for official.

the aforementioned information and display in no way supports or condones illegal street racing and is only used for the purposes of providing an accurate illustration of the subject matter at hand. All participants and objects filmed on a closed circuit by professionals under the strictest of safety regulations.

epic!!!

I was just playing GT4 and I can confirm a stock JDM Legacy 2.0 Spec B can complete the .25 in 12.5 seconds at 110mph. Since everything in JDM land is better, I can assume (on the conservative side) a stock USDM Spec B can do a low 13 second quarter mile. No one knows how to drive it that quickly though.

:lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Its funny I asked basically what our cars can run 0-60 and its turned into a battle of the LGT vs S4:cool:.. Im still impressed with as little as a $1000 into our cars what can be accomplished ...

+1 I've been thinking about and researching the best bang for the buck and I've found that gutted OEM cats and tuning yield near true stage 2 results. If you already have a laptop, tools, and DIY including tuning unbelievable things can happen for $20.

+1 I've been thinking about and researching the best bang for the buck and I've found that gutted OEM cats and tuning yield near true stage 2 results. If you already have a laptop, tools, and DIY including tuning unbelievable things can happen for $20.

Did you see Ark's numbers with gutted cats? http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129288

. . . pretty impressive.

Stock for Stock and S4 will spank an LGT

Whether it's auto, or 6 speed.

The difference in weight is a small 200lbs.

Plus the quattro awd is a much better awd than symmetrical

Hence why audi is banned from racing, German cars are made better.

I think even subaru realized this, so they built an affordable audi with more problems than an audi.

The series and model year S4 will not spank a manual 05+ LGT. In fact, almost identical, numbers wise. Here is my all knowing car and driver article from 2001 featuring the 2.7TT S4 vs an 02 WRX and 330XI. If it can't "spank" the old 2.0L wrx...yes, it does start to walk after 60, but the wrx was faster in the 1/4m, with the wrx 1mph slower trapping. And this is the 6 speed S4.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/01q4/bmw_330xi_vs._subaru_impreza_wrx_audi_s4-comparison_tests

Come on people, lets back up our meaningless war of words. ;)

This was an entertaining read, I must say. I'm not saying magazine articles are scripture, but at least it is done in an controlled manner, with professional equipment. Although a kid with his cell phone video crusing at night on some random road is about the same :cool:

Archived