LegacyGT.com

new car (which one)

i've owned my 05 legacy gt ltd since 04 and want a new car. i love my car but 5.5 yrs is one the longest i've owned a car.

i'm looking at the 2010 legacy gt, wrx premium, and sti. i'm leaning toward the wrx premium wagon over the legacy (don't like the end looks) and the sti is over my budget.

anyone also looking in making the switch? any new wrx owners that owned the legacy? thanks.

I too was in your shoes just last month. I test drove a 2010 lecacy GT but did not like the feel of it and really did not care for the new look. The wrx premiums were pretty cool but I decided on a 08 spec b because of the luxury it has over the wrx. just my 2 cents

test drive them all and drive away with whichever one you like the most.

/obvious

i personally can't stand the 2010 legacy. not a huge fan of the 5-door wrx but the sedan isn't bad. one thing that kind of irks me is how unbelievably cheap the new wrx interior feels (to me) compared to the older ones. small gripe, yes, but if i have to sit in it every day it's going to bother me. the sti isn't worth the huge premium in price considering the wrx is faster stock for stock, but if you're looking to mod for power the sti is obviously a better starting point.

You know to be honest.... you should not be asking us what car to get. Maybe ask the pros and cons, but at the end of the day who cares what others think. Your the one driving it every day and PAYING FOR IT. Do what I did...go test drive them all and leave all your friends out of it. You really cant make a bad move here..they are all great cars.

I haven't looked into the '10 models, I drive and '08 LGT and my friend has and '08 WRX and I think the finish is much more refined in the Legacy over the WRX. I used to drive a Camry, so I wanted to keep the family sedan comfort, but get a little kick under the hood.

It all depends what you use the car for. If you're planning on modding it a lot, there are a lot more options for the WRX at this point, but if you just want what I wanted (a nice car with some get up and go) I would suggest the LGT. But that's just my opinion.

It's cool; I'm with the band

You know to be honest.... you should not be asking us what car to get. Maybe ask the pros and cons, but at the end of the day who cares what others think. Your the one driving it every day and PAYING FOR IT. Do what I did...go test drive them all and leave all your friends out of it. You really cant make a bad move here..they are all great cars.

you are right. but it really helps when i read others opinions. ultimately i'll be writing the check but it's nice to hear from other owners.

Buying brand new is not at all cost effective. I say, you find an 09 spec b or 09 WRX with low miles. That's what I would do in your shoes.

i bought a car with low miles and had a bad experience. all the new cars i've had had very minor issues and were very reliable.

I'd go for the WRX premium. I just sat in the legacy 2.5i over the weekend and didn't like the feel at all, the step in is a bit wider, don't like the guages and the shifter feels like crap (automatic) very odd shape...and i don't like the appearance either

Ford Fusion Sport AWD.

From what I understand you cannot get a TURBO AWD Ford with anything but and AUTOMATIC. At least for now. Things are most likely going to change here shortly.

You guys are right, there are a lot of nice cars out there. One thing I had to consider was how long Subaru has been doing this. Their AWD system and engines are proven. I just am not as confident in BMW or Fords AWD (those were two I considered before buying my 08 spec b)

the 2010 legacy is pretty large compared the the previous gen. i got it cause i got a family now and its very safe and practical for my situation and surroundings. if i was still single, for the price, ya cant go wrong with a fully loaded wrx ... or i woulda reworked and remodded the 05 lgt :lol:

so i went to the dealership...i couldn't get myself to buy a new car. the prices were not in agreement with my budget.

i've got a great mechanic and haven't done too many mods. i kinda feel my car is already better than a wrx premium and the sti is outta my range.

i like the new legacy. in many ways it's better than our generation. but i can't get over the feel and looks over the car....i'd rather drive mine.

so for now, i'm gonna keep it. thanks.

so i went to the dealership...i couldn't get myself to buy a new car. the prices were not in agreement with my budget.

i've got a great mechanic and haven't done too many mods. i kinda feel my car is already better than a wrx premium and the sti is outta my range.

i like the new legacy. in many ways it's better than our generation. but i can't get over the feel and looks over the car....i'd rather drive mine.

That's pretty much my plan too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Good decision to Keep it. I am in the middle of selling my car for a RWD Sporty care but I will eventually need all weather capability again so I will definitely be back in some type of subaru within a year or two at the most :wub:

I agree with the motor comment as well. Pre 2008 motors were more reliable from everything I have seen.

Done rambling....:spin:

the 2010 legacy is pretty large compared the the previous gen. i got it cause i got a family now and its very safe and practical for my situation and surroundings. if i was still single, for the price, ya cant go wrong with a fully loaded wrx ... or i woulda reworked and remodded the 05 lgt :lol:

+1

it sorta depends on your situation and personal feelings. I liked the '10 Legacy when shopping for cars, but got the '09 for the dealer incentives and ultimately, the lower payment.

Archived