LegacyGT.com

new car (which one)

It doesn't make any sense to buy a new car if you don't need one does it? I buy a car to run it into the friggin' ground.

That's typically a pretty financially savvy call . . . assuming you have a reliable vehicle and replacement parts are reasonably priced. If the cost of ownership keeping it is going to end up costing you more than the payments on a new car, however, you may as well make the trade. My LGT is going to be history before the warranty runs out for that reason alone.

AWD, yes . . . engines, not so much as of late, lol.

all manufacturers are going to have issues, no way around that

I am an engineer (not for cars but that is irrelevant). Our purchasing people change vendors for a part because the new one will make a part for less $ and then parts don't assemble the way they should/ used to and stuff stops working properly. Even parts that we have made for 4+ years can stop fitting all of a sudden because a vendor hired someone new or tooling wore down and a dimension changes by the thickness of a hair.

It would probably be easier to build an engine because tolerances can be looser than we use because engines have oil to keep the parts from touching and binding

Archived