LegacyGT.com

A New Legacy Sighting is like a myth

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 of my friends drive subarus (2 wrx's and an sti)

..and last week while on a trip to best buy I spotted a regal blue gt, a silver 2.5i, and a silver/gray outback.

Not to mention I see quite a few foresters/older outbacks.

Oh, and a local bike team is sponsered by subaru and they drive around an outback wagon plastered with their team name/subaru all over it.

Subaru is a popular bunch in my town..of only 30k people.

-Tyler

With over 4500 members on this board that possibly have a new Legacy, I see maybe just 1 new Legacy once a month at the most and even that is a random guy who doesnt even know I am waving to him because we have the same car.. I am beginning to think that it's an Urban Legend to see the new Legacy on the road :(

Am I the only one that thinks this?

Keefe

...since Aug when I bought my OB, I've seen one or two OB 2.5i's, only 1 LGT, but NOT ONE SINGLE OBXT. The guy who owns the 1 LGT I've seen works a few exits past where I do, so I regularly see him on the commute home. It's that gorgeous metallic dark blue color which I was gonna' buy before my then-financee talked me into an OB instead. I've been tempted to wave to him, but didn't think it would 'translate' very well...I'm fairly comfortable with my manhood, and lord knows the old bmw crowd in these parts all wave to each other, but I guess the LGT/OBXT just hasn't caught-on here yet.

You wanna' see a lot of LGTs and OBXTs? Go to Cape Cod...LGTS, OBXTs, VDCs and Beans galore!

Tim G.

"The lonely owner of the 1 OBXT in Central New Jersey":(

I've seen 4 to date (not counting ours). The first (before we got ours) was on the highway going up to our Maine house. It blew past me like I was standing still. My wife said what the heck was that? I said I think it was a Subaru, but, I've never seen one like that before. I got on the Internet and discovered that it was the new LGT.

My wife had been driving an aging Audi A4 $$$ and we were just about to starting shopping for a new car for her. She wanted another AWD car and it was not going to be another Audi. Funny thing, I had been trying to talk her into getting a WRX, but she didn't like it's looks. The LGT was perfect. Easy on her eyes, 250 HP (for me), and AWD. So if I ever see the owner of that LGT that blew past on the highway, I need to thank them.

I've only seen a couple Legacy sedans, one before I bought mine, another on I-90 in WA state. I've seen more new OB's than anything. Deffinately nice having a unique car. A lot of people in the 2.5RS's and WRX's have their head on a swivle (sp?) when I roll by (my car is dead stock). Guess they're as surprised as I am when I see one.

Tonight I was leaving a parking garage and the attendant asked as I handed him the slip, "Is that a Subaru?" I was kind of shocked since he pretty much only saw the side of the car. I replied, "Yep, it is." He said, "It's nice." I responded, "Thanks. I like it a lot," and I went on my way. :)

hey jduke one was probably mine Garnet red with tint

Where in Vt are you? I work in Stowe, and live in Hyde Park. Actually the only other garnett red I have seen was on an 2.5 Outback wagon.

Looks like there is also a new owner in stowe of a black 3.0 LGT sedan, have not seen it driving but saw it in the drive way looking all nice and new

John D.

I have heard of one other person in Charlotte who has a LGT (autoxdad)...but I still haven't seen the car. I've had my sedan for over 8 months, and I have driven all over central and eastern North Carolina and southeastern VA...still haven't seen a LGT. As others have said...plenty of Outbacks and Foresters, but no LGTs (sedans or wagons). I am surprised but not saddened...just means that the "word" isn't out on the steet, therefore we retain "sleeper" status!

JB

Sleeper status is good!! I still haven't seen any other LGTs on the road here in town!

I've seen 4 to date (not counting ours). The first (before we got ours) was on the highway going up to our Maine house. It blew past me like I was standing still. My wife said what the heck was that? I said I think it was a Subaru, but, I've never seen one like that before. I got on the Internet and discovered that it was the new LGT.

My wife had been driving an aging Audi A4 $$$ and we were just about to starting shopping for a new car for her. She wanted another AWD car and it was not going to be another Audi. Funny thing, I had been trying to talk her into getting a WRX, but she didn't like it's looks. The LGT was perfect. Easy on her eyes, 250 HP (for me), and AWD. So if I ever see the owner of that LGT that blew past on the highway, I need to thank them.

What highway...what color...when?

I've been known to buzz a few people

Archived