LegacyGT.com

A New Legacy Sighting is like a myth

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keefe, it's funny that you started this thread since I saw your car on the road recently (ok, maybe a month ago or so). It was a Sunday (or maybe Saturday) afternoon and my wife and I were waiting to make a left onto Montrose from Old Georgetown (just came from the G Street Fabrics). While at the light, I saw your car go past, heading east on Montrose toward 355. Small world, eh?

As for myself, I saw a non-GT Legacy sedan the other day on 270 heading to work, and have seen a few new Legacies on the roads in the last few months. I recently saw an AB LGT sedan at the Whole Foods in Kentlands. I definitely see more new Outbacks, though. I've just about got my mother-in-law sold on an LLBean Outback, and I'm still looking at getting a LGT at some point. The wife is sold on the idea, so now it's just a matter of timing and money. I sigh every time I see a new LGT on the road (and I'm not driving it).:(

I've only had my legacy for over 2 weeks, but I've been on the lookout for them since december when i decided I wanted one. I have yet to see a single Legacy on the road. And I work in the city, so i see thousands and thousands of cars. usually whenever i buy a car im constantly spotting that car eveywhere. This time its much different. I agree its almost eerie.

-Tronix(saw bigfoot in a legacy)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

If you had a fully modified Skyline R-34 R-Tune, would you make it a garage queen? How about just a new Skyline R348? Sometimes with that kind of money, who cares about driving the super car all the time when you just buy another POS for the crappy days? :p Keefe

An AWD Super-coupe that is rare, and extremely fast... That sounds more like a fun-day car. I wouldn't want to damage something that rare by parking it in the lot at work.

Although, I would have to say, for the price of said Skyline, I'd rather have a Porsche, Noble, or TVR (if we're talking grey imports...) The skyline is a helluva car, but the design of european sports cars tends to stir my soul more.

On Topic, though...

I have seemn about half a dozen new outbacks since their release. Several trim levels from 2.5i to LLBean. No new legacies. Hell, the Subaru dealer didn't have any for more than 6 months, and I drove one of the first GT Limited sedans at the Des Moines dealer.

I think the majority of the OB/Leg sales are outbacks. That makes the Legacy GT that much more of a future "cult car."

I have a Honda Hawk GT 650 Motorcycle. They sold very poorly, and were only offered for a few years (they were a unique model, with less than usual part sharing) but now they sell for 80% of their original dollar value (non-adjusted for inflation) and are quite prized by a "select few" who own them. Including me.

The legacy is actually in a much better position, due to it sharing >90% of it's parts with the good selling Outback. Much less likely to be seen as a loss, and dropped from the lineup. It is just a question about how much they will be developed from the factory, as an individual model.

With over 4500 members on this board that possibly have a new Legacy, I see maybe just 1 new Legacy once a month at the most and even that is a random guy who doesnt even know I am waving to him because we have the same car.. I am beginning to think that it's an Urban Legend to see the new Legacy on the road :(

Am I the only one that thinks this?

Keefe

i understand what you mean. where i live, the only legacy i've seen, is mine. i'm convinced that i am the only one in the 3 cities around me that is rocking a new legacy gt. i'm not complaining at all though :D

Anybody here from Maine?

I've had my LGT Wagon for over amonth and have seen only one other LGT - a sedan - since then!

It would be fun to get some Mainiacs with LGT's together for some fun.

David

I'm from Maine. Only seen a couple GT sedans and a buttload of OBs and Foresters around here.

That's a damn good sugar cookie.

This is a good thing guys....I bought mine just for those reasons: no one knows what the heck it is most of the time, and no one else has one. It's great. I have seen just one here in western michigan in the last 6 months.

Regal Blue GT with 250 miles on it right now..and lovin' it

Yes, there are MANY Outbacks and Foresters, I counted 32 on my way to work last week going southbound on Rt. 3 to Nashua, NH. Have only seen 1 other Legacy GT (black) and that was at the gas station. But i love the uniqueness of it...I just got mine last week and I've already gotten a few stares from people like "what the heck is that thing? Whatever it is, it's sure as hell a lot better than my busted P.O.S. vehicle!"

car was bought mid-february, havent seen one on the road since they came out, except for one black gt in my town i see in someones driveway, they also have a forester xt and a wagon lgt all 05's but i never see them on the road

-a

Coming back upstate from NYC on Rt. 17 today, I saw a white OB sedan. It was nice, but I like the regular LGT wheels and ground clearance much better. Of course, I could be biased.:lol:

I think the OB sedan looks a bit odd being raised up as high as it is.

Keefe, it's funny that you started this thread since I saw your car on the road recently (ok, maybe a month ago or so). It was a Sunday (or maybe Saturday) afternoon and my wife and I were waiting to make a left onto Montrose from Old Georgetown (just came from the G Street Fabrics). While at the light, I saw your car go past, heading east on Montrose toward 355. Small world, eh?

I was probably coming back from either autocrossing or karting and heading to Mid-Pike Plaza for some Chipotle Burritos. I dont live too far from there.

Keefe

Keefe

Yup, the thread's right. I'd had my eye on the LGT ever since the announcement of the turbo, and in months of looking I saw exactly one LGT Limited and one OBXT, and a few '05 NA Outbacks in that sick green color. This is in northern California, and the population of Subarus in my area is pretty high - Forester XTs are common. So I got the idea the LGTs weren't selling.

On a business trip to Colorado I saw batches of them in the Longmont/Boulder area. One of the guys at the lab I was working in had an LGT loaner and I got to drive it, and that's what tripped my trigger.

My LGT gets interesting looks from WRX and STI owners, and otherwise people think it's just another Subaru. The side view of the car seems to please the females around here, though.

I saw a red wagon behind me on the way to work last night but it had Vermont plates so don't think it counts since I'm in NJ. The Blond driving it was cute too when she passed I gave her the thumbs up but she was on a cell phone oblivious to all around her. I guess Vermont don't have cell phone laws.

where i am... Subaru capitol "Northern Vermont" When I first got mine only saw a couple around, now.... I will see like 4-5 a day (usually the same ones) but they're around up here for sure. Although only one of those has been a GT... most are Outbacks. I like that I sit so much lower than the Outbacks.

John D.

I've actually seen 2 more LGT sedans: 1 atlantic blue, ironically it's one I think I test drove before I got mine at a different dealership. Also saw a white one, it looks sharp, the white looks really good IMO. I still think I'm the only LGT owner around here that doesn't have the spoiler. Looks better sans spoiler IMO, it's a cleaner look.

Archived