LegacyGT.com

If you could have any other Subaru...

An 09-10 Forester with an full STI swap. And an STI. While keeping the Legacy. I am strongly considering supercharging my 09 Forester, 5MT. I do not need a whole lot more power...but I do wanna add a few...50ish or so...and there is very little in terms of getting there power wise. And before questioning why...you guys have already stated: new Foresters do not come as turbo and 5MT. I have an 09 Forester 5MT... with just 7000 miles. Doing a full swap (engine and tranny) is just too expensive and unwarranted given the age of the car.

Love the Brumby... and teh voice track is priceless.

2.2L Stroker kit, 100HP NAWZ,

Turbonetics T62 and flows massive amounts of stuff into the front thingy on the front of the car...420 AWHP w/o Nitros and 470 AWHP w/ Nitros... it's savagely fast.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Well, I have a Legacy GT and an SVX... and I have to disagree with Guru... SVX is a looker. She looks better and better every day. It is a design that you like more the better you get to know it.

And seeing a pristine SVX will make an impression even today. It still looks very modern, at nearly 20 years old.

If I could have others...

A Spec B upgrade on my legacy GT. Maybe a 2007-2009 edition with a WR Blue full re-spray, tuned to stage 2 with exhaust, upgraded turbo, 8" wide wheels, and Ion progressive rate springs on the bilsteins.

A Spec B/STI drivetrain upgrade on my SVX. 6MT goodness behind a tuned up EG33 H6, in a sleek coupe, Also re-sprayed WR Blue or slightly darker blue under a black roof and tinted flush glass, and ever so slightly lowered on the front, with BBS CO 17"s or CH 18" wheels.

I'd love a 2.5RS with a EJ257 STI drivetrain swap, and upgrades. The dark blue one above looks tasty. Especially with a couple of 22B or S201 bodywork touches.

I'd love to see if an EJ25 series turbo engine would fit between the frame rails of an FC3S (late 80s) Mazda RX7 body, and Rear wheel drive.

I'd also love to see if it would fit in the engine bay of an SW20 MR2 coupe.... Turbo subaru power, with RWD + MID ENGINE!

I've thought about other Subaru mods, too...

A 2007-2009 Legacy GT Spec B with an EZ30R, or EZ36 engine transplant, and a lower final drive ratio, but still the 6MT gearbox, and bilsteins, plus STI brembos and 5x114 hubs.

No turbo, but the H6 would make a fantastic, quiet, and efficient cruiser, similar to my 6MT swapped SVX idea above, but in the newer sedan with its amenities.

A 2009 Forester converted to a Baja-like SUT with a modest open bed. The Forester looks more suited for such a conversion than the car-front of the 2000-2004 outback. The Baja didn't even get that car's H6.

I would include either an H6 or turbo diesel boxer engine swap, robust 6MT gearbox with VTD, big Tribeca brakes and 5x114.3 hubs, and good long-travel bilstein coil-overs.

With a re-inforced rear chassis section and Class 3 towing receiver for 5000/500lb trailers.

Add some versatile on-off road tires, bars, lights, and skid plates.

For the ultimate version... take the H6 engine swap idea, and supercharge that H6 engine with a positive displacement screw-type blower for more instant torque capability, and maybe one of the overseas drivetrains with the low-gear option, and further suspension updates to maximize wheel travel.

Archived