LegacyGT.com

Was hoping for LGT wagon

axxe

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you guys have so few miles on your wagons? Mine is a daily driver and gets 20 g a year. I need another ride besides my WRX.

For me,I work part time 7 miles from home and am semi retired.

Also,anything our family needs(grocery stores,the mall,booze,parks,etc) is within minutes.;)

Our 09 Forester is the daily driver for the wife and gets the most miles,(16,000 miles avg year).

Plus wifey doesn't like driving the wagon, "that car is too fast for me" :lol:

Works fr me! ;)

No,sorry,this car's a keeper.

Basicly I've built a stg 2+,spec B(Bilsteins,springs,Cusco bars,etc) wagon and I love it.

Plus it's paid for,,:p

But thanks for asking.:)

Which springs?

How's the ride quality?

(thinking of doing some of the same to my 05 Sedan, if I can ever scrape enough $$ together.)

Which springs?

How's the ride quality?

(thinking of doing some of the same to my 05 Sedan, if I can ever scrape enough $$ together.)

Pinks

The ride quality is great,a little stiffer then with the pinks and the stock struts,but the Bilsteins are sweet.They eat bumps,potholes,etc without any drama.

Good luck:)

What's this talk about "replacing in a few years" and "keeping it running for a few years?" Our 98 Outback is still going strong with over 270k miles on it (granted that it is on motor number two). Same trans, body panels, everything.

Sadly, I have noticed Subaru's quality dwindling over the years. I think that our Outback is the toughest and most well built car in the garage. From the doors to the dash, she's solid! My Baja is still pretty solid, but you can tell where some concessions were made (ie: the interior). Our two 05 Leggies have got to be the prettiest things in the garage, but by no means the most well built.

Now that Subaru has unleashed that ugly beast they call an Outback, we might just keep rebuilding our old one forever. :icon_neut

If you don't have to have a brand new car, what about a B6 or B7 S4 avant? Or an older 535xi wagon? Or perhaps we should all petition BMW to release the M5 wagon in the US? :wub:

Sadly, I have noticed Subaru's quality dwindling over the years.

Sadly, i am newer to that realization.

My 71K mile 2005 Legacy is showing age faster than my 111K mile 1992 SVX that i bought about 6 months ago. I've owned the Legacy for more than two years, but I am not the original owner of that, either.

The SVX is certainly not in as good of shape as my Legacy both evaluated today, but age-context adjusted, the SVX was inherently screwed together better, and still drives smoother, and is quieter on the road, despite it's age disadvantage.

The legacy is aging faster, in finish, and even a dead power driver's window switch, and near-ineffective struts/shocks. Whiteline lowering springs from before my time, bear some of that blame, perhaps, though.

Upgraded springs rates will always wear down stock struts. Happened on my WRX and LGT. Going to Koni inserts on the LGT made for a better than new ride (well maybe not as cushy)

I did not have as good luck with my SVX. Transmission woes, electronic issues.etc. I loved the SVX but it was love /hate.

• 2 weeks later...
I looked at some pics of the 2010 Legacy wagon. I would buy one if they sold it here in GT form. Even if the styling is not my favorite, the car does everything I am looking for. Is there any chance we will get it here?

No.

There isn't.

Thank B4, and his SOA Corporate mentality. The same mentality from Subaru of America that starved it, killed it, and will never bring it back.

CAFE regulations also will gaurantee that Outback continues, and Legacy wagon is dead in the US market. Outback is classified as a light truck, under less restriction than a "car" of the same body and mechanical type. Funny how a few inches of ride height make that difference... yet increasing the ride height increases aerodynamic drag, and lowers efficiency. Ironic, huh...

Sadly, i am newer to that realization.

My 71K mile 2005 Legacy is showing age faster than my 111K mile 1992 SVX that i bought about 6 months ago. I've owned the Legacy for more than two years, but I am not the original owner of that, either.

The SVX is certainly not in as good of shape as my Legacy both evaluated today, but age-context adjusted, the SVX was inherently screwed together better, and still drives smoother, and is quieter on the road, despite it's age disadvantage.

The legacy is aging faster, in finish, and even a dead power driver's window switch, and near-ineffective struts/shocks. Whiteline lowering springs from before my time, bear some of that blame, perhaps, though.

To be fair, I think that the SVX was a totally different class of car for Subaru as it was their first attempt at an upmarket coupe. I've had two and had no issues with either aside from wheel bearings. They were built like tanks and their weight confirms it. Don't get me wrong, I love my SVX, but she's slightly piggish. There is no better car for a long trip as it has plenty of power in reserve for my needs (I love the power mode but it scares my other half....hehe).

With that said, no other car that I've ever owned gives me the same giddy feeling that I get when I drive it. For that reason, I won't be parting with it it.....EVER......I also love the WTF was that looks on people's faces when I drive it. Even one of the salesman at my local dealership didn't know what it was. There aren't many other cars that I would drive a to the middle of Ohio to pick up alcantara seats for (considering I'm 45 minutes outside of Philly).

As with anything, how something is cared for partially determines how it will hold up over the long run. SVX's had their weak points (as does any car), but if maintained properly, there's no reason you couldn't get well over 200k out of it. Both of mine were purchased used, but were in great shape.

CAFE regulations also will gaurantee that Outback continues, and Legacy wagon is dead in the US market. Outback is classified as a light truck, under less restriction than a "car" of the same body and mechanical type. Funny how a few inches of ride height make that difference... yet increasing the ride height increases aerodynamic drag, and lowers efficiency. Ironic, huh...

A Legacy 2.5i wagon w/ CVT would likely achieve the same exemplary EPA mileage ratings as the 2.5i sedan w/ CVT, 2mpg higher than a similar Outback w/ CVT, which could help to increase Subaru's CAFE rating.

To be fair, I think that the SVX was a totally different class of car for Subaru as it was their first attempt at an upmarket coupe. I've had two and had no issues with either aside from wheel bearings. They were built like tanks and their weight confirms it. Don't get me wrong, I love my SVX, but she's slightly piggish. There is no better car for a long trip as it has plenty of power in reserve for my needs (I love the power mode but it scares my other half....hehe).

With that said, no other car that I've ever owned gives me the same giddy feeling that I get when I drive it. For that reason, I won't be parting with it it.....EVER......I also love the WTF was that looks on people's faces when I drive it. Even one of the salesman at my local dealership didn't know what it was. There aren't many other cars that I would drive a to the middle of Ohio to pick up alcantara seats for (considering I'm 45 minutes outside of Philly).

As with anything, how something is cared for partially determines how it will hold up over the long run. SVX's had their weak points (as does any car), but if maintained properly, there's no reason you couldn't get well over 200k out of it. Both of mine were purchased used, but were in great shape.

Oh, I know she's a tad heavy... but most cars now are the same weight or heavier.

I bought mine 6 months ago, and saved it from the crusher. She's no beauty queen with some peeling clearcoat, and a shagged driver's seat... but she runs and drives like a champ. She's more comfortable and a better cruiser than my 2005 GT.

If I had a NICE SVX with a manual gearbox conversion, and a stash of parts spares... I'd drive it until the body caved in, or she was the last SVX on the road. I'd consider trading my Legacy for a truly prime-condition SVX, plus a little impreza or forester beater to go along with it. Something so I wouldn't have to put grubby stuff in the SVX.

I drove 300 miles from central Iowa to down-town Chicago for a set of OE Wheels and michelin all-season tires, so that I could swap out the summer-only tires that the car was wearing from California when I bought the car. Well worth it in 20+ inches of snow so-far this winter. :D

Funny thing is... I drove my SVX through the Des Moines Subaru dealership just a while after I got it, and I actually had a salesman do a double take, go do what he was doing, and then come BACK, had me lower the window, to ask me what the car was.

He had NO IDEA it was a Subaru.

I too am mourning the death of the sports wagon here in the US. Don't know why but I've always loved wagons. I was thinking maybe I'd step up to a new S4 Avant at some point. Maybe it'll come back. Otherwise I don't know what I'll do. Likely just keep this Leggy 'til the wheels fall off!

I haven't looked at the wagons closely but my wife got a BMW 3 this summer and it's quite nice. Quite spacious inside for passengers. More foot and leg room front and back than the '05 - '09 Legacy that's for sure. It still drives me nuts when I have to ride shotgun in my Leggy wagon that the passenger seat doesn't go further back. I'm not that tall either only 6'2"!

Anyway, yeah, wagons are great too bad most Americans are idiots and don't realize how great they are! :lol: :lol: ;)

For me,I work part time 7 miles from home and am semi retired.

Also,anything our family needs(grocery stores,the mall,booze,parks,etc) is within minutes.;)

Our 09 Forester is the daily driver for the wife and gets the most miles,(16,000 miles avg year).

Plus wifey doesn't like driving the wagon, "that car is too fast for me" :lol:

Works fr me! ;)

my wife doesn't even like being a passenger in my wagon. driving with me makes her sick to her stomach. but both of my kids prefer my car to hers. so we always take the accord when it's the whole family. fine by me, keeps the mileage down. long live the BP.

my next car will be a wrx now that it's a hatch...

Write Buick. They might play ball while trying to become a brand for people under 50

http://www.easycarblog.com/wp-content/gallery/20_may_2009-opel-insignia-sports-tourer-opc/opel-insignia-sports-tourer-opc-9.jpg

Write Buick. They might play ball while trying to become a brand for people under 50

http://www.easycarblog.com/wp-content/gallery/20_may_2009-opel-insignia-sports-tourer-opc/opel-insignia-sports-tourer-opc-9.jpg

Damn where di that come from? Very nice.

I too am mourning the death of the sports wagon here in the US. Don't know why but I've always loved wagons. I was thinking maybe I'd step up to a new S4 Avant at some point. Maybe it'll come back. Otherwise I don't know what I'll do. Likely just keep this Leggy 'til the wheels fall off!

I haven't looked at the wagons closely but my wife got a BMW 3 this summer and it's quite nice. Quite spacious inside for passengers. More foot and leg room front and back than the '05 - '09 Legacy that's for sure. It still drives me nuts when I have to ride shotgun in my Leggy wagon that the passenger seat doesn't go further back. I'm not that tall either only 6'2"!

Anyway, yeah, wagons are great too bad most Americans are idiots and don't realize how great they are! :lol: :lol: ;)

Ditto on the stupid passenger seat in our 05 wagons. That is the main reason I end up driving the most.

Which 3 series did she get? My wife likes the 3 series too. I'm still hoping they bring over a 3 series diesel AWD wagon...

Cheers,

Mike

I'd definitely consider one of those. It makes me queasy to think I'd actually purchase a Buick, but that's as good looking a profile as I've ever seen.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived