LegacyGT.com

Was hoping for LGT wagon

axxe

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, we have Ruppert Murdock and you have Legacy GT wagons... The US is getting screwed out of a premier automobile and shiite-upon by Ruppert and his skullduggery.

...all would be forgiven if SoA would simply return the Legacy wagon to the US market...

I am not trying to nitpick or cause trouble, but I was talking about wagons there, including the social, economic and political reasoning behind the lack of wagons in the marketplace.

I made a significant effort to make sure that I was relating concepts back to the topic.

I understood your post and agree. The two-tiered CAFE standard system for cars vs. "light trucks" is fundamentally flawed and encourages manufacturers to convert their cars into "light trucks" to circumvent the more stringent CAFE standards for cars, thereby discouraging manufacturers from producing traditional wagons. That's why the Outback, Forester, and Tribeca are classified as "light trucks" by the EPA despite their passenger car-based platforms.

• 3 weeks later...

Axxe -

Did you end up putting something in the garage???

According to my new favorite wagon website, I was 180 degrees off on my prediction; the Buick wagon might actually become a reality - and with a 6 speed no less :wub: and the Acura TSX wagon is a dud.

http://velocityresource.com/BuickRegalWagon.aspx

Click on the Sport Wagon Home and scroll down to read about the Acura as well as some drool-worthy rides we won't be getting stateside... :spin:

Axxe -

Did you end up putting something in the garage???

According to my new favorite wagon website, I was 180 degrees off on my prediction; the Buick wagon might actually become a reality - and with a 6 speed no less :wub: and the Acura TSX wagon is a dud.

http://velocityresource.com/BuickRegalWagon.aspx

Click on the Sport Wagon Home and scroll down to read about the Acura as well as some drool-worthy rides we won't be getting stateside... :spin:

Seeing as how the Acura TSX is the Regal's main target, I can see wagon version coming stateside. I just hope it makes it over as a GS.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Seeing as how the Acura TSX is the Regal's main target, I can see wagon version coming stateside. I just hope it makes it over as a GS.

I've given up waiting for the ?2012? Buick Regal Wagon (aka Ontario built Opel Insignia) to come to the U.S., that's if it ever does. During the GM bankrupcy, I waited an extra 6 months for the Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon to finally arrive at showrooms. They promised availability in May 2009--my dealership didn't get one until November 2009. After waiting all that time, I was disappointed in the cramped cargo area (too short in height for my 45 pound dog), so I bought an A4 Avant (6A) instead.

Now, I've heard rumors for a while about the Regal wagon, but am not giving GM the benefit of the doubt this time that it will be here sooner rather than later. Too bad the TSX Sport Wagon is something of an underperforming and fuel thirsty dud for a FWD vehicle, not to mention pricey. Forget the lumbering Outback, despite its relatively good fuel economy.

So, I'm planning to replace the '05 LGT Wagon (5MT) that I have with, gasp, a FWD diesel wagon--the 2011 Jetta SportWagen TDI. Wish me luck!

• 3 weeks later...
^ And the maddening wait is on for the LGTW w/STI goodness...just don't add the horrible 5th Gen (and 4th gen Legacy/Forester Diesel) 6MT. That would kill it for me.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

^ And the maddening wait is on for the LGTW w/STI goodness...just don't add the horrible 5th Gen (and 4th gen Legacy/Forester Diesel) 6MT. That would kill it for me.

I understand its a 5+1 cable shifter tranny, but I've been driving this for about 8months now and it shifts better/cleaner than my 2005 LGT before any mods were done. Of course it can be better, but I'm fine with it.

I love my wagon very much and would not consider anything else. I loved my dad's 88 Olds Cutlass Cruiser (don't laugh). It was actually a really good car and I had a lot of fun driving it. I thought I wanted an SUV (as did everyone else it seems), but when gas went above $4 I realized that I was spending $180 for a weekend worth of gas to go from Williston, VT to Andover NJ. That got old fast. When I axed the SUV for the Legacy wagon, I got huge savings at the gas pump. Looking at the '10 Legacy wagon, I'd trade in today if I knew they had one on the lot!! Otherwise, I'm driving my sporty wagon until it dies. If by then there is nothing out there for me, I'll rebuild or buy another used one........

I like to Volvo V50 T5R. It is at or above the price of a STi at the dealers. It is not real powerful and I doubt there is as much of an aftermarket as Subaru.

The V50 T5 is no longer going to be made for the US market:

http://www.patrickvolvo.com/blog/2011/february/18/volvo-v50-station-wagon-not-long-for-this-world.htm

There is probably a small inventory left, but as far as I know, all the remaining manufacturing slots have been allocated. The Volvo factories shut down during the summer for retooling, and that will be the end of that production line. Also, I personally really struggle with the notion of buying a Volvo, even though I'm from Sweden, since most of the funding for Geely's purchase of Volvo came from Chinese government-owned state banks. For most people, that's probably not a consideration in their car purchasing decisions, however.

There is in aftermarket for Volvos, even if it's smaller than for Subarus, and the V50 forum on swedespeed.com is very active.

"(Subaru) execs aren't denying their interest in selling a U.S.-spec Legacy wagon in the coming years, possibly even months."

First Test: 2010 Subaru Legacy GTk

I'll believe it when I see it. And it better have manual option with turbo engine. If it's automatic only, I'll sit it out.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived