LegacyGT.com

let your turbo cool down

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're all wrong... I got carbon-carbon tiles off the Space Shuttle to line the exhaust and turbine and keep all that bad heat away.

^^^why do we always bull-ish. Some people get on these forums to learn valuable things, and expand their knowledge of vehicles. I would actually like to correct your statement above... You have to use carbon INFUSED carbon. Seriously, how do you have the mental capability to even use a computer? Also, everyone knows bad heat only comes from the trifibulator, not the turbines.:)

I guess I should have looked at my turbo after I did my track day at Mid Ohio. I've never seen a normal car's turbo glow red...

Maybe I'm just too old, but doing donuts until your turbo glows bright red sounds like you've grown tired of having a car that works. I mean seriously...

What is it about us turbo-ed humans that makes us so friggin mean ? This poor guy makes one simple statement and he gets flamed instantly.........it must have something to do with all that cherry red heat our collective turbos emit........can't we be nice , caring , cool , calm , accepting turbo-ed humans ? :). (BrooklynBoy was born in Brooklyn , grew up in Brooklyn , graduated from Brooklyn Technical H.S. & Pratt Institute ......then met his GF in the Bronx. ). Let the flaming end......his turbo is already red hot.....it's going to ignite!! :)
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Guest heightsgtltd

So there is something called cause and effect. First the attempt was made to suggest that he was misinformed, then he responded suggesting that we were all wrong ;)

Hence, the effect :lol:

alright so lets throw some gas on the fire:rolleyes: the very first response was this.

"You don't need to let modern turbos cool. That was with turbos in the past."

im sorry but to quote "YOU DONT NEED TO LET MODERN TURBOS COOL". is like saying obama has our best intrest in mine.... its crap. maybe my exhuast is f'ed up, maybe it shouldnt glow red. the fact is you still should let a turbo cool down weather it needs 2min or 20min after a hard run is part of the debate. not weather it should be cooled....

So there is something called cause and effect. First the attempt was made to suggest that he was misinformed, then he responded suggesting that we were all wrong ;)

i agree with cause and effect thats why when its glowing red. i let it cool. thats why.

oh and one more thing. if this is cause and effect. then if i got flamed.. the one doing the flaming is a flamer right. so its most likely a comeon....:p

anyway chears im still waiting on a vid cam to get vid....

by "modern" I don't think it's so much turbo, it's more of the car itself and the design of the turbo cooling system - Subaru isn't going to mass produce a turbo charged car and then say "oh and BTW guys - lol this is funny - run the engine for 10 minutes after you stop so it cools down".

Not gonna happen.

After you shut the car off it continues to cool itself by convection, lots of heat comes out of the hood scoop and the coolant continues to cycle through.

If your chit is glowing red, there's probably a problem.

...im sorry but to quote "YOU DONT NEED TO LET MODERN TURBOS COOL". is like saying obama has our best intrest in mine.... its crap. maybe my exhuast is f'ed up, maybe it shouldnt glow red. the fact is you still should let a turbo cool down weather it needs 2min or 20min after a hard run is part of the debate. not weather it should be cooled....

i agree with cause and effect thats why when its glowing red. i let it cool. thats why.

oh and one more thing. if this is cause and effect. then if i got flamed.. the one doing the flaming is a flamer right. so its most likely a comeon....:p

anyway chears im still waiting on a vid cam to get vid....

This portion of your post could be the single greatest thing I've read on this forum.

Spelling, grammar, smilies, it has it all!!!

Archived