LegacyGT.com

let your turbo cool down

what is a 'turbo'?

it increases your neural net processor from 22MHz to 44MHz for more the processing of data.

To the OP; as someone else said if your chit is glowing red hot you might have a clogged cat in the up; my spirited driving ends when I get to my neighborhood, I go about 20 mph and avoid boost and nawwwwzzzzz.zzzz..zzzzz... completely, then let it cool off as intended by Subaru.. in my garage with the door closed and the engine off. You'd be suprised at how fast it cools down.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been dragracing for over 4 years now almost on a weekly basis, I have never one time seen any part of my turbo change colors.

The only cars that I know of that ever had a problem with oil burning and seizing was some of the Grand Nationals in the mid 80's.

I do most of the time let my car sit running for a couple minutes after a drag run. But thats usually the only time. I also have 97,000 now on my stock turbo and just a month ago I ran a 13.30. My car runs just as good as it ever has.

good flaming guys. its nice to see everyone can be creative......:lol: as for the street racing thing I WASNT STREET RACEING. a few pulls from 10-80 is not racing its like getting on the freeway. as for the donuts private property so i figure i can do about what i want.... anyway so no one else has had there turbo and piping glowing red after screwing around? hum ill get a vid cam and document....... anyway thanks for the heart felt welcome......:rolleyes:

OP....I think there are a few threads here about doing dount's and blowing the rearend, you may want to think twice about doing that again. If it's in the snow I guess you should be ok.

Like others have said, I normally coast the last 30 seconds or so into my driveway then shut it off. That's easy for us guy's with real cars....you know "stick shifts"

BTW Welcome

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

My friend was telling me about a track day he went to this past summer. Apparently, after a run, some dude popped his hood and tenderly placed a bag of ice on his turbo. A minute later the thing cracked wide open.

OP, if your turbo and up/dp are red hot there is something wrong. I have examined my engine after some insanely spirited driving and never seen anything close to changing colors. Good luck.

OP....I think there are a few threads here about doing dount's and blowing the rearend, you may want to think twice about doing that again. If it's in the snow I guess you should be ok.

Like others have said, I normally coast the last 30 seconds or so into my driveway then shut it off. That's easy for us guy's with real cars....you know "stick shifts"

BTW Welcome

:lol::wub:

My friend was telling me about a track day he went to this past summer. Apparently, after a run, some dude popped his hood and tenderly placed a bag of ice on his turbo. A minute later the thing cracked wide open.

OP, if your turbo and up/dp are red hot there is something wrong. I have examined my engine after some insanely spirited driving and never seen anything close to changing colors. Good luck.

FAIL.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDp8yjdFAD4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Dyno Explosion[/ame]

Watch out. This might happen.

so you carry buckets of icewater around in ur cAR? :iam:

Actually I have rigged an extra wiper fluid tank to empty its contents onto my turbo with a switch in the car, I have to refill every time I use it so its not very convenient but I figure the benefits to my turbo out weigh the hassle. ;)

///

so to those out there that DRIVE there cars 10 to 15 min should be the bear min for cool down. from now on ill do 20.....

Outstanding! That will give you 20 minutes a day to practice spelling, punctuation, and grammar, you driving MF!:lol:

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived