LegacyGT.com

Favorite Rainy Day/Snow Day eatings

TrueWhiteBoy

I write this from Southern California (desert) where we don't get much rain, even in the winter.

Still, for those who want to enjoy a nice evening in while the weather outside is beating down, what do you enjoy eating/snacking on?

Or what are your favorite rainy day meals I guess.

I think my personal favorite is to prepare some hot chocolate, get some buttered toast and dip the toast into the hot chocolate. It's something that stuck with me since I was really young.

When the storm is beating against the igloo and the polar bears are circling, I usually pick some snow up off the floor, melt it in a mug over the open flames and then add a few drops of seal blubber and some dried tundra leaves.

It makes a nice hearty winter tea.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^those are some really good ones.

mostly a cold & rainy makes me crave street garbage with some magical sauce:

big mac/fries...

gyro...

natural casing sabrett with tons of brown mustard...

big bag of classic chinese-american (spare ribs, steamed dumplings, chow fun, lo mein, wonton)...

snow day is all different:

pasta faggiole with calabrian hot sausage, some good bread...

strong coffee, good pastries...

duck, nice sweet rustic stuffing...

homemade swedish meatballs/stroganoff/veal ravioli-w-sour cream...

If it's breakfast or lunchtime, nothing beats the old fashioned grilled cheese and soup, IMO.

Always a classic. I was watching the food network last night and they showed this restaurant where they dip the buttered side of the bread in fresh grated Parmesan cheese before they threw it down on the grill with the cheese inside. It looked awesome!

^those are some really good ones.

mostly a cold & rainy makes me crave street garbage with some magical sauce:

big mac/fries...

gyro...

natural casing sabrett with tons of brown mustard...

big bag of classic chinese-american (spare ribs, steamed dumplings, chow fun, lo mein, wonton)...

snow day is all different:

pasta faggiole with calabrian hot sausage, some good bread...

strong coffee, good pastries...

duck, nice sweet rustic stuffing...

homemade swedish meatballs/stroganoff/veal ravioli-w-sour cream...

Oh!!, If I could only find those in North NE:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• 1 month later...

was a cold snowy day a week or two ago we were in my friend Donnie's workshop working on my dirtbike and his grandfather's 1951 John Deere. we had the wood stove cranking so we decided to cook some cow heart steaks on the wood stove with some potatoes and asparagus while we were working. He just slaughtered two of his cows a few weeks ago so it was real fresh. forgot to snap pictures after it was all cooked but heres the uncooked steaks

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/fiidgett/b22a9345.jpg

• 2 months later...

+1 on the Shepard's pie.

Also love a good bowl of corn chowder made with local Vermont sweet corn, sweet vidalia onions, potato's and maple bacon. Unbelievably awesome. Add some lobster to it and it will absolutely knock your mouth off.

Beef Tenderloin Stroganoff with thick ass pappardelle noodles is money too!

• 3 months later...

Archived