• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. it's slow

2. it slides all over the place

3. it's cheaply made

4. the tires need constant inflation

5. it doesn't have a cool sounding horn

oh wait... that's my bike I was talking about.

no reasons... I used to live in Denver where are you thinking of buying?? I miss the seasons here in Florida. Off Topic Waaaaaaay Off

-lgt has sleeper potential

-much lower insurance rates

-you already have a lgt (save $$)

-cops attracted to hatches & huge spoilers

-boy racers attracted to sti's

-sti seats are not too comfy

-subaru sales are up (no deals for you)

-new wrx is faster than the sti

i think thats 8, 10 is rough lolz

-new wrx is faster than the sti

is this really true? i was familiar with newer wrx's (08+mabye) were quicker than past models. but wrxs are FASTER than Stis now just seems strange to me. I would believe that are almost as fast and have almost as much hp/ torque but to say that the new Rexs are FASTER or AS FAST AS the new Stis is very suprising to me to say the least.

is this rly true?

Reason 1, break the cycle of the addiction to car payments.

Really if you want one go for it.

Drive the STI around like a normal car(majority of ownership for most) and see how it compares to your LGT.

The newer WRX's are a little quicker than the STi's but once you start to pull at a higher speed the STi is going to shine and take over.

I always had sport cars, I like the WRX/STi suspension more but my 2009 LGT is more comfortable inside, I like the leather, the dash/console alot more in the LGT (09 at least), the LGT is alot more quiet on the road, the shape doesnt look so "18 year old" and I generally feel like an adult with a comfortable, sleek looking sedan that has style that will appeal to the kid in me and the man in me and a little bit of power. It suits every desire moderatley where I feel the STi caters to a few specific desires heavily. Unless you spend a ton of cash I feel you wont get the extreme's in every catergory.

I just feel like the LGT is a car that I have always wanted but just stumbled upon. Perfect daily driver by all means. The only thing I dont like is after I rode in the fiance's 2009 WRX, the LGT suspension needs sway bars. Not shocks, springs or anything else, just sway bars. If the body roll was reduced just a smidge I'd be happy.

No exaggeration, I looked at about 10 STi's in person and shopped online for months before getting in my Spec B. It was the best decision I ever made regarding Subaru. Why? EVERYONE has an STi. I think we have more STi's than WRX's in our local club. Get a Spec B not an STi.

Nobody revs on me @ the stop lights anymore. Spec B has been a much more peaceful experience for me than if I had gotten the STi.

you guys are definitely key contributors to my decision. I'm definitely in favor of a SpecB now. I'll get that once I pay the 05 off. I'll use the 05 as a nice/decent down payment on a 08/9 Spec B =]

If your that close to paying off the 05 then just keep it and mod the Hell out of it. I understand why you can't get the STI out of your head though. After just sitting in the car at the dealership I had the STI on my mind for weeks on end. ;)

If your that close to paying off the 05 then just keep it and mod the Hell out of it. I understand why you can't get the STI out of your head though. After just sitting in the car at the dealership I had the STI on my mind for weeks on end. ;)

completely normal... i cant stop thinking about a sti everytime i go past this performance shop.

http://www.cbrdspeedfactory.com/DesktopModules/Aff_AutoListing_DNN//resizeImage.aspx?img=/Portals/0/Aff_AutoListing_DNN_Pictures/DSC_0892.JPG&width=500&anti=false

gorgeous isnt it? :wub:

http://www.cbrdspeedfactory.com/EmotionalMachines/AutomobileInventory/tabid/61/view/bbe23b0a-8a1e-468a-8dcd-be9a1bda3483/Default.aspx

but in the end....my legacy is more grown up, doesnt have that huge wing on the back and is more economical for a 100 mile a day commute. atleast thats what i tell myself.:rolleyes:

If youre almost done paying off your car why buy another car and pay for that one. Youll have $XXX more money a month. Thats alot more for other bills and mods.

People said the same thing to me with my first car when we paid it off so i told them i shoulda just leased it then if i intended to get another car once i was done paying.

Keep your 2005. With a good tuner and parts, it can be faster than an STi. No need to buy a new car. If you want Spec B handling (or better), you can get the parts to upgrade your car for much less than buying the Spec B. Get the upgraded oil pick up tube and you can make it last a long time.

you guys are definitely key contributors to my decision. I'm definitely in favor of a SpecB now. I'll get that once I pay the 05 off. I'll use the 05 as a nice/decent down payment on a 08/9 Spec B =]

This is exactly what I did and I couldn't be happier!! I had an 05 LGT with auto and really wanted a manual. I was cross shopping the 08/09 Spec.B with the 2007 STi LTD (Sunroof and leather in an STi:wub:) and a lightly used 08/09 STi. In the end, it was easier to get a deal on the Spec.B and I really wanted the sunroof and leather. I bought her certified pre-owned and it already had pinks and a short throw shifter so only a few minor modifications to make her a real performance car.

Now, after two months, I still love her and look forward to taking her to the track for some exercise.

Archived