LegacyGT.com

Piaa H3 Plasma Ion yellow Fog light bulbs

EvilCamaroSS

I Have yellow fogs in my car that were there when I bought it. One of the bulbs went out and I'm having trouble figuring out what the bulb is.

here is what it says on the bulb itself.

Plasma Ion - PIAA - H3 - 12V - 55W - (KE4)

Any idea identifying these? And does anyone know if they sell them at any retail auto parts stores? I'd like to pick one up today.

I would suggest a set of the Nokyas in yellow of the same bulb design. I've had both the PIAAs and the Nokyas and the light output is almost identical. The best part is that you can get ~5 pairs of the Nokyas for the cost of one set of the PIAAs...

Just my .02...trying to save you some $ for more mods ;)

I would suggest a set of the Nokyas in yellow of the same bulb design. I've had both the PIAAs and the Nokyas and the light output is almost identical. The best part is that you can get ~5 pairs of the Nokyas for the cost of one set of the PIAAs...

Just my .02...trying to save you some $ for more mods ;)

+1, my friend got some PIAA's and they were basically the same as my Nokyas in output. but he paid a lot more!

• 4 months later...

it shouldn't.... if i remember correctly it has a 70w output but consumes 55 watts.

so i just bought a set of Nokya Hyper Yellows for my jeep. do those of you running them in your Legacy like them? i've never owned a pair and hope they put out the light i was looking for. if they look good in the jeep i'm going to get a set for the LGT.

I know I sound like a broken record in every lighting thread, but PIAA's really are overpriced for the performance.

They are generally 'average' in all the performance test data I have been presented over the years.

If you want an H3 light bulb in bright yellow, I recommend the Eurolite H3 in yellow.

Great looks, I'd argue that a person couldn't tell the difference between these and the Nokya brand, and they are easy on the wallet.

http://www.autobarn.net/eurolite-yellow-bulb.html

Archived