LegacyGT.com

What happens if you load a Stage 2 map with Stage 1 parts

rawl2k6

i have an 08 lgt ltd mt and running stage 1 with cobb ap and wanted to know what would happen if i load the stage 2 map with all stock parts. the only mod i've done is to remove the intake baffle and removed the resonator.

That's a pretty good money saving strategy.

You need the downpipe because the stock one is too restrictive at higher boost levels.

Without the additional flow the ECU will have to pull a lot of timing and you will not make early as much power as you would with the downpipe and you run the risk of damaging the engine.

thanks a million. i am planning on getting the down pipe soon. i was just wondering what would happen if i drove it like that in the mean time. next question.

i was wondering if a dp from an 06 wrx would fit beside the problem of touching the firewall and would that problem be overcome with heat wrapping?

Don`t try to take shortcuts. Buy a used DP from this site that is specific for your Legacy. You can find cheap used catted DP`s here, or shorty DP`s for well under 300 bucks.

This is what you want.

Don`t try to take shortcuts. Buy a used DP from this site that is specific for your Legacy. You can find cheap used catted DP`s here, or shorty DP`s for well under 300 bucks.

This is what you want.

is there a big difference between shorty dp's and full catted? how much power am i giving up if i go with the front shorty?

Take a screw driver and a gas mask and chisel out the cat from inside your down pipes.

Not for the faint of heart. Don't do it.

As for a catless DP, you might miss, what, 5hp? I try not to bench race on this site, but if you buy a DP with a cat, vs a catless Dp that removes both, you might miss 5-10hp.

But when you hit stage 2 and are pumping out 280hp and even more torque, you won't freakin' miss 10hp, and won't care either.

Your stock dp has two cats in it. You bust up the first one and clean it out. Then you could flash stg2 map. Or buy an aftermarket one.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Fredbeans has perrins for like $370 new. I just got a used Cobb for the same price.

yeah i saw the perrin ones...i am just on a bit of a budget here and was trying to get one for let than that. i was trying to get one for about $200 or less. i was going for catted first...but now for the sake of cost i might just go catless. but once again. thanks.

Your stock dp has two cats in it. You bust up the first one and clean it out. Then you could flash stg2 map. Or buy an aftermarket one.

besides the "cat" i also wanted the divorced wastegate feature. that's why i haven't considered gutting out my cat.

Catless on a OTS Cobb map might overboost. My friend (phillywilly) had some overboost issues on his lgt with the Cobb stg2 map. I'm being lazy but search for "Cobb v1.04 map" and you should find the thread. He had to go with an infamous AP tune because Cobb wasn't helping at all.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Stage 2 tune + stage 1 mods... I would expect stage 1 power and shorter engine life.

don't worry about that. i am going to buy a catted dp tomorrow...not willing to find out the hard way...that's why i came here for the advice.

Catless on a OTS Cobb map might overboost. My friend (phillywilly) had some overboost issues on his lgt with the Cobb stg2 map. I'm being lazy but search for "Cobb v1.04 map" and you should find the thread. He had to go with an infamous AP tune because Cobb wasn't helping at all.

thanks. i was once considered it...but decided it wasn't worth the potential head ache and odor.

you dont need divorced. it causes more problems then its worth in some cases preventing the wastegate from opening all the way or it getting stuck open. i got lucky and got a catless Cobb for a fantastic deal. just look and the deal will be found and you will absolutlely LOVE stage 2

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

you dont need divorced. it causes more problems then its worth in some cases preventing the wastegate from opening all the way or it getting stuck open. i got lucky and got a catless Cobb for a fantastic deal. just look and the deal will be found and you will absolutlely LOVE stage 2

so all the noise about divorced preventing turbulence is not that important? because i'll go non-divorce otherwise...it makes the search a bit broader for me allowing me a better chance of finding one.

Archived