LegacyGT.com

Hyundai Genesis 4.6L V8 sedan

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, i did 20% on my windows and it is definitely like that sometimes...

but then I went and got sylvania ultra head lamps and that made things somewhat better...

My point is having brighter headlamps doesn't really help side window visibility in the dark that much, but thats cool.

My point is having brighter headlamps doesn't really help side window visibility in the dark that much, but thats cool.

it doesn't help much, but I did notice a difference. even though it was small. I guess I should probably aim my headlights towards a wider spread???

you mean like turning lights on nissan's??? or do you mean like spot lamps on cop cars??? cause i think spreading my headlamps would definitely help my vision in the oblique angles, right about where my mirrors get in the way of me seeing things... so perhaps mute point anyways...

I like it. Had no idea the genesis had all of the features yours has.

Yup, its not a perfect feature set and missing a few things, but that explains how Hyundai was able to keep the costs down to little over $40K for a fully loaded V8, otherwise one would expect they're taking a loss on each car, which is also not impossible because they make up for that with their high volume sales of their cheaper cars.

• 5 weeks later...

its silly to mention but for a car of this class, there is no trunk light but at least there is a full size spare.

Actually, there is a trunk light - maybe yours just isn't working?

After picking up a V6 with the Premium Plus package for $32k, I continue to be amazed by this car. This is why I'm not driving a Legacy GT.

Also, I see you put the KDM badge (winged badge used in Asia) on the rear - I did the same with the trunk, wheel hubs, and steering wheel. Looks great.

IMO that Hyundia is no more special than a fully loaded Legacy. And not worth the extra money.

Then you have in no way compared the two. Maybe you should take a closer look at what Hyundai is giving for the price? I can tell by your attitude that you have not tried parking a LGT next to one.

I *have* and it is a damn nice looking car! I had no idea what it was when I drove up and it took me a minute to process what I was looking at... A friends parents bought a white one - to replace their 5 series!!! Apparently they liked the Hyundai more (price not withstanding) and were sick of all the issues their BMW was giving them.

It is a crazy world where Hyundai is making luxury cars that I actually think are sweet!!!

Sooner or later I will get a joyride (or at least a ride) =D

Max

ps - wonder what it would run a 1/4 at with a 80shot.

Anyone who says it's just another Hyundai hasn't been in one. There's no comparison at all. The Genesis uses far better materials, is better built, and is just more car. It's the size of a 7-series and the v8's 380hp is more than enough to handle a LGT.

Sure, there are better cars but they don't top out at $40k either. I point out again that it's not like I don't have anything to compare to. Our family has several LS430s, a LS460, and my brother drives a CL65 AMG. That's a $190k+ car. When I say the Genesis is a good car, I really mean it.

IMO that Hyundia is no more special than a fully loaded Legacy. And not worth the extra money.

Nothing wrong with your opinion, you're happy w your car and i'm happy w mine. Special is a subjective and meaningless term anyway. As well as 'worth'

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Genesis is gone because apparently there is a HUGE demand for 09 CPO Genesis V8 sedans right now, so my dealership bought it back from me.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5128/5216849818_fa961913ed_z.jpg

I'm currently driving a beater 95 M3 as my high mileage workhorse but decided that the void created by the Genesis called for another nice luxury performance sedan.

So I picked up one of these used, a 2000 M5 :D

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6207/6109617221_fa882eb8ca_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6066/6110169718_b28e71e4ea_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6184/6109625409_6a5e0a00db_z.jpg

Well, it does seem like if you were going to replace it an M5 would be a good option.

How are you liking it so far?

What's your gas mileage? ;)

Fantastic to drive and mileage is terrible as expected for a V8 car with that power.

Archived