LegacyGT.com

Hyundai Genesis 4.6L V8 sedan

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The GS isn't worth a look. Go LS or go to a different make.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Here's one for 22K that you can probably get for less than 20K. That's 20K in depreciation in 2 years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hyundai-Genisis-4-6-Loaded-Nav-Tech-Package-WE-FINANCE-/310352292571?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4842702adb

Guess you missed the part where the AutoCheck shows it was fleet use and had an accident. :rolleyes: Try again sparky.

I vote to nominate hmmrdwn troll of the year...any seconds?

Picking up a 2nd hand Genesis looks like a good move. Might be my next car. Not sure I would buy a car fresh off the lot again.

I will probably pick up a used CPO Genesis R sedan in 4-5 years when I need to upsize back to a larger car...assuming fuel prices don't shoot past $10/gal.

Guess you missed the part where the AutoCheck shows it was fleet use and had an accident. :rolleyes: Try again sparky.

I vote to nominate hmmrdwn troll of the year...any seconds?

You will find that price is consistent with other genesis and the depreciation schedule.

Resorting to ad hominem attacks again?

I will probably pick up a used CPO Genesis R sedan in 4-5 years when I need to upsize back to a larger car...assuming fuel prices don't shoot past $10/gal.

That's what I'm thinking -- when I'm done with my LGT I will probably get a CPO Genesis. I'll let someone else take the depreciation hit this time.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

You will find that price is consistent with other genesis and the depreciation schedule.

Resorting to ad hominem attacks again?

And in turn is more or less consistent with other brands in lux market so why single them out? How much was your 2.5i and how much is it worth in 2 years?

LE: Laugh if you will but I like MSN Autos for a quick glance at vehicle specs etc.

4.6L Genesis MRSP in 09 was 37250, KBB says it is now worth 27K, thats a 26.8% depreciation

BMW 335i Sedan MSRP in 09 was 40K, KBB says it is now worth 32K, that's a 20% depreciation

Audi A4 3.2 Sedan MSRP in 09 was 40K, KBB says it is now worth 30K, that's a 25% depreciation

These are rough average ranges. Which is not bad for the Hyundai considering they are just entering the lux market AND keeping in mind a vehicle is never an investment.

Cherry picking online pricing is disingenuous because the used car market is not the same everywhere.

According to hmmrdwn, you can drive that puppy home!

Every car depreciates. I don't buy cars for other people, I buy them for me. I don't buy cars to trade them out every year or two, I buy them to drive them until I want to buy something else. The depreciation argument is stupid, judging quality based on retained value is a terrible metric of comparison because it doesn't account for any number of factors.

Cars are very rarely an investment. Who cares what they are worth 2 years later? If you buy a car based on it's value in 2 years, you are doing it wrong.

As for buying CPO/used, I doubt I'll do that unless it's a car I want as a project. An E39 easily falls into that category, and I'd love to grab one as a project (well, an E39, a Z3, and an X5 are all on my to-own-for-a-project list). Financially, a used car as a daily does not make good sense for some people (myself included).

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

If anything, that depreciation just shows how far Hyundai has come. They used to be in the disposable car market. Now? They've entered the luxury market with comparable resale values to the "big boys" that have been at it for much longer. So what was your argument again, hmmrdwn? That they are doing great? You have a point!

According to hmmrdwn, you can drive that puppy home!

Every car depreciates. I don't buy cars for other people, I buy them for me. I don't buy cars to trade them out every year or two, I buy them to drive them until I want to buy something else. The depreciation argument is stupid, judging quality based on retained value is a terrible metric of comparison because it doesn't account for any number of factors.

Cars are very rarely an investment. Who cares what they are worth 2 years later? If you buy a car based on it's value in 2 years, you are doing it wrong.

As for buying CPO/used, I doubt I'll do that unless it's a car I want as a project. An E39 easily falls into that category, and I'd love to grab one as a project (well, an E39, a Z3, and an X5 are all on my to-own-for-a-project list). Financially, a used car as a daily does not make good sense for some people (myself included).

I buy cars for me too and getting more money for a car is money for me. It's not the sole reason to buy a car...as most MB's, Audi's, BMW's attest to. They don't have very good cost of ownership and are purely for the "owner"..."me".

If I wanted an "image" car for "me", like the owners of the Hyundai Genesis target market....I wouldn't want a Hyundai-even if the depreciation wasn't bad. I agree, it's just one of the factors. So yes, Bacs5.2 is right...

Nice look, I love what their new lineup has... a far leap from the tin cans the Hyundai line was in 2002-2003.

On a side note, I had to look this up:

Turning radius of a 2009 Hyundai Genesis Sedan: 17.95 foot turning radius

Turning radius of a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Coupe: 16.58 foot turning radius

I knew I was amazed when I could blow a u turn in the street without having to curb it or 3-point.

Overall it's a very sharp looking car. Definately going to steal some food from the overspending BMW and Audi crowd. How do you think it will do this winter?

Nice look, I love what their new lineup has... a far leap from the tin cans the Hyundai line was in 2002-2003.

On a side note, I had to look this up:

Turning radius of a 2009 Hyundai Genesis Sedan: 17.95 foot turning radius

Turning radius of a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Coupe: 16.58 foot turning radius

I knew I was amazed when I could blow a u turn in the street without having to curb it or 3-point.

Overall it's a very sharp looking car. Definately going to steal some food from the overspending BMW and Audi crowd. How do you think it will do this winter?

I definitely like your car better than the Hyundai Genesis Sedan. While Hyundai skyrocketed in improvements, Dodge has made many unnoticed improvements.

Damn you beat me to it!

Still though, I do like the Genesis looks. I can't put my finger on it but it looks similar to another luxury car I've seen before.

Hyundai does that. They take a luxury car and morph the looks slightly so it isn't outright theft.

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2008/07/HyundaiMercedesMotive.jpg

Archived