LegacyGT.com

Hyundai Genesis 4.6L V8 sedan

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nav will be touchscreen for 2010. They're also adding radar cruise control. The knob-based nav is easy to use but I agree that nothing beats touchscreen.

It's assumed that heated rears will be offered at the first refresh -- they've got to same something for the mid-model years!

If you want to see how Hyundai really does a luxury interior, google the Hyundai Equus interior shots.

Nav will be touchscreen for 2010. They're also adding radar cruise control. The knob-based nav is easy to use but I agree that nothing beats touchscreen.

It's assumed that heated rears will be offered at the first refresh -- they've got to same something for the mid-model years!

If you want to see how Hyundai really does a luxury interior, google the Hyundai Equus interior shots.

I think Hyundai is making a mistake releasing the Equus this early when the Genesis hasn't found enough widespride acceptance yet to firmly establish brand cachet. A $40K luxury korean sedan is already a tricky sell, a $60K S Class competitor is going to be really difficult to market, it probably will end up as another Phaeton, incredible car weighed down by its own badge.

DUDE!!! I didn't even know that the interiors in that car were that nice! That is an awesome find/buy. If I ever need another car, and with the rate of miles that I'm putting on my legacy I will need one sooner rather than later, I'm gonna buy one of those!

I bet I know what the strangely sharp steering is caused by... It should be caused by the car being rear-wheel drive (which makes the rack and pinion steering feel really light because the power steering box doesn't have to accomidate for torque steer or any other front-wheel drive forces exerted on the front wheels) plus the effects of the cars limited slip differential (which I think is what it has in the back... but I'm not sure) this should yield a car with surprisingly good handling for how large it is.

At least I think that's what's going on...

went and checked out this car and the new buick lacrosse last night. Both are very nice cars for the money. The Hyundai is pretty damn sweet for the price but its so freaking huge! So much room, tons of features. The Lacrosse was very nice too for the price but the engine isnt even close to as nice. I did like that its slightly smaller so you don't feel like you are a limo driver. Both cars have some good angles but by no means are "lookers".

Really like the hyundai though, I wonder how it handles in the winter with some good winter tires.

I have yet to sit in this Genesis, but from some of the pics above am I wrong to suspect cheapish hard plastic, easily scratched panels and/or other materials? Not that I'm driving some lux Eurocar, but many reviews of this car seemed to have hammered the fact that the interior is well built over and over again. Maybe my expectations are too high?

I have yet to sit in this Genesis, but from some of the pics above am I wrong to suspect cheapish hard plastic, easily scratched panels and/or other materials? Not that I'm driving some lux Eurocar, but many reviews of this car seemed to have hammered the fact that the interior is well built over and over again. Maybe my expectations are too high?

My father in law has a Lexus LS430 which is the only thing I can really compare it to. It has more features than the LS430 (probably because its a newer car) but my father in laws LS430 has a nicer interior. More leather all around, less plastics.. but if I bought a Genesis and had him sit in it I would be very proud of it. It is by no means a car that "fakes" looking nice, it really is nice looking on the interior. Leather parts when needed, some plastics but over all a good job.

All the plastics are soft feel plastics, very little to none cheap hard plastics like the kind found in most subarus. In fact the soft plastics transition well with the leather on the dash and door panels and the armest is leather. The actual iDrive control panel is aluminum except the buttons. It's definitely not Audi interior, but you're paying $15-20K more for that interior for a similar sizzed and specced car.

Someone asked me how can Hyundai sell this car for so cheap compared to the european and japanese competition with its ridiculous amt of equipment and fit/finish. I think i've figured out what hyundai chose NOT to put in this car to keep the price down:

1. no adjustible electronic ride damper control - regular gas shocks + springs, no air suspension and sport/comfort setting

2. no electronic throttle control sport/economy/snow mode switch for adjustible throttle response

3. no column mounted paddle shifters for the ZF 6 spd like many of the competition (this would have been a nice addition for the manumatic mode)

4. lack of 4 seat heating/cooling (heating only on passenger seat, heating/cooling on driver seat only

5. motorized window blinds in doors (Genesis only has the motorized blind in the rear window

6. radar guided cruise control (now an option in the 2010 model, but not avail in the 2009)

its silly to mention but for a car of this class, there is no trunk light but at least there is a full size spare.

and shockingly as I've mentioned before, they mounted the battery in the trunk which is the first i've seen it done in an asian family sedan.

The Genesis interior is not lacking by any means. I've said it before -- we've got two LS430s ($70k) and a LS460 ($80k) for direct comparison.

http://www.finddoug.com/cars/09genesis/IMG_3599.jpg

http://www.finddoug.com/cars/09genesis/IMG_3590.jpg

The Lexus wins in snob appeal but they've made their last sale to this family. They're just not worth twice the price.

I cant get over people talking about those wheels on the OP saying there ok or not really the best choice. WTF those wheels look amazing, I seriously think that it is the best wheel choice for the car. What wheels are those anyways? are they the Linea corses Lemans? If so im putting a deposite down on some 18x8.5 from subydude.

I cant get over people talking about those wheels on the OP saying there ok or not really the best choice. WTF those wheels look amazing, I seriously think that it is the best wheel choice for the car. What wheels are those anyways? are they the Linea corses Lemans? If so im putting a deposite down on some 18x8.5 from subydude.

It's personal taste, I like them, but I knew a lot of ppl wouldn't like them, which made me want them even more. I don't mind the negative reactions because i don't give a toss about their opinion anyway.

I gotta say that I do hate the emblem on the steering wheel though...

God forbid a company put their logo on the steering wheel. Wait a minute -- all cars have the maker's emblem on the wheel!

The H is on two places in the whole car -- the steering wheel and the trunk. Any less and you really wouldn't know what kind of car it was.

If you just can't stand the H, there are aftermarket emblems that cover it with the winged Genesis badge used in other markets. They're hollow so they can cover the H and stay perfectly flat.

The only thing that I felt was cheap in the Genesis sedan was the heating vents and the interior door handles, i believe both of those felt like cheap made in china toys, atleast the vent chromy plastic did. otherwise the interior was awesome.

That is what a big car should look like. I would SOOO buy even a second-hand one of these over a new '10 Legacy GT... The Genesis might even be a tad bit more slick than a G37 sedan, although it would be close.

Too bad they don't have AWD or a stick shift, let alone both.

That is what a big car should look like. I would SOOO buy even a second-hand one of these over a new '10 Legacy GT... The Genesis might even be a tad bit more slick than a G37 sedan, although it would be close.

Too bad they don't have AWD or a stick shift, let alone both.

I say its a little more slick than the G37 due to the smokin wheels he's got on there. I just ordered those wheels in hyper silver, I wish I could get them in this color (Maybe powder coat :D)

car looks great with those wheels all u need is 20% tint to set it off nicely!!

Ive done 20% front tints before, extremely difficult to see out of at nighttime esp in poorly lit streets, I had to roll down windows to just see street signs, hence the 35%

Archived