LegacyGT.com

The Subaru took some damage but got its revenge

Well guys I'll let you know tomorrow. Adjuster came over today and seemed to think it is repairable estimates 5-7K in damage - confirmed Joe^^ worth about 15k. He told me the body shop needs to tear some stuff off to get a better look at the damage. But when you pull into the parking lot of a body shop and everyone looks at your car and says ouch...it must be bad.

So, I appreciate every one's help here. If I find out it's a write-off I might need some advice on my next purchase.

Stay tuned!

It's an 05 with 5EAT and about 60,000 miles. I took good care of it so it was in good shape.

they dont use kbb. if anything check nada. it will be much closer. my car was just totaled out with 12k in damage. My insurance comp est my car value at 15.4k for 05 lgt ltd 5spd with 35k on it. then gave me tax on it so it was around 17ish.

There's alot of damage there. It could very well be totaled since its easier and cheaper for insurance company since they will sell your car at salvage auction.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• 3 months later...
Anyways the car is completely fixed. If you crawl under you can definitely see where they did some welding for the new quarter panel, etc. But all my tires are wearing even, I have no shakes or rattles (that I didn't have before anyways), and all is functioning well. I know, I know, I now have a car with an insurance claim tied to it but I plan on keeping the girl for some time so no biggy. I asked the body shop not to put the logos back on the trunk for the debadged look. They gave me a check for $100 (the value of the decals) since the insurance approved pmt for them. Anyways long story on an old post but overall I am happy.

Archived