LegacyGT.com

Can somebody clarify please

There is a Legacy STi and it's awesome but it's not sold in the US. Some people would use that badge as an excuse to do an STi swap on their LGT tho ;-)

I've always gone with the thinking that the Spec.B is a fairly rare car as is (your year may be the rarest). Take pride in that and represent with what you got. :cool:

lol any spec b badges out there?

You have one ... It's the numbered plaque in your interrior ;)

I have seen a few up on ebay and all the 07+'s have them so you may be able to order it with a part number. Mach V also sells a decal ...

http://www.fastwrx.com/specbdecal1.html

Also where in LI are you? You should come check out the LISC meets! I'm there pretty much every Wed because I have no life :cool:

Also where in LI are you? You should come check out the LISC meets! I'm there pretty much every Wed because I have no life :cool:

I'm outta smithtown but im up at oswego state gettin mah edu-ma-cation. you familiar with nico from st james with the blue i forget what year sti?

I'm outta smithtown but im up at oswego state gettin mah edu-ma-cation. you familiar with nico from st james with the blue i forget what year sti?

Na but I might of met him at one of the bigger meets ... anyway if you ever hit up one of those meets back on break or whatever pm me. I'll roll out. It's nice to see more leggys on LI! :lol:

but they do make an sti model in japan I've seen it it looks sick. so am I a n00b for buying an sti badge for the grill of my spec b? lol

There are Legacy Tuned by STi and Legacy S402 in Japan but those should not be referred to as Legacy STi.

The "Tuned by STi" version is just a slightly modified version of the JDM spec.B with a few STi parts dropped in (being STi lowering springs, STi front tower bar, rear lower suspension linkage, mufflers and a slightly remapped ECU). The modifications are far to mild for the Legacy to be considered an STi version as in STi for the impreza.

The S402 is just the hardcore version of the Legacy just the S204.

There are Legacy Tuned by STi and Legacy S402 in Japan but those should not be referred to as Legacy STi.

The "Tuned by STi" version is just a slightly modified version of the JDM spec.B with a few STi parts dropped in (being STi lowering springs, STi front tower bar, rear lower suspension linkage, mufflers and a slightly remapped ECU). The modifications are far to mild for the Legacy to be considered an STi version as in STi for the impreza.

The S402 is just the hardcore version of the Legacy just the S204.

Funnie cuz i thought it was called the Legacy STi S402.:confused:

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/roadtests/firstdrive/2008/subaru.legacy.sti.s402/08.subaru.legacy.s402.r34.1.500.jpg

Funnie cuz i thought it was called the Legacy STi S402.:confused:

That's what it is called. It is just that the STi S402 isn't as of extreme a jump from the Spec. B Legacy as the WRX STi, or any other STi variant, is to the WRX. The same can be said for the Tuned by STi Legacy.

If the differences were significant, I have a feeling any true STi version of the Legacy would be a far more desirable car than the WRX STi - am I alone in that thinking?

Archived