LegacyGT.com

Check this out! China made LHD Double din with Dual HAVC (but in Celsius)

christurismohk

i tried calling these people in while i was in china

heres the detail

they sent me to another company that they work with to make the bezel

this other company wont make one for me unless i bring them a sample

i dont want to buy the whole system with the navi and all that just to send it to them since the original company works with the bezel company.

My plan is now to bring a OEM HU or maybe even the JDM unit back to China next time and have them customize it from there

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen one on e-bay, but they are on crack if they think it's worth $1200.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I can't even consider justifying $700USD for something that no one has even seen in person.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty interested in this. I found this site:

http://www.ipmart.com/main/product/Caska,Custom,DVD,Player,and,GPS,for,Subaru,Legacy,GZ,CA3606G,270556.php?prod=270556

Anyone ever heard of ipmart? They have a price for 10 of $556 USD. I emailed them yesterday to see if I could get that price for one. Otherwise, maybe we do a group buy? Personnaly, I'm fine with the celcius controls. Kinda cool actually and I figure I could get used to it in about 10 minutes. Afterall, the F one has a range of 65-85 degrees so how far off could you really be. Just pick a halfway point. Of course, I don't think there is any kind of warantee and it would be nice if someone else tried it first :)

Also, I wonder if you could pop the climate controls off your factory panel and replace the C ones with that. Or maybe if we did a group by direct we could get them to tweek the software. Probably wishful thinking...

As far a stuff made in China goes, well I don't feed my children off plates made in China(history of lead and chemical contamination), but realistically most of your consumer electronics are now made in China including nearly all cameras and TVs. So, while at this price it is probably crap, maybe just maybe not.

It would just be really nice if someone else got to be the dummy first!

It would just be really nice if someone else got to be the dummy first!

That's the key here isn't it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol::D;)

Hmmmm, at $550 my interest is piqued. If we can get it down any further I might have to try it out.

Do they have worldwide nav maps? Can you get updates for the maps?

$300 I might be into it...

I got a response from IPMart. No deal on the $556 price unless we buy 10. I'm also getting clarification from them on a few things like the C/F degrees issue as well as are there maps for the US. He mentioned that the maps were not upgradable which seems very strange to me. Especially since he said he can load maps from different countries. I'm asking for clarification on that. That might be a deal breaker since who wants a nav system with old maps?

So, anyone every heard of IPMart? The guy who responded is obviously from China.

oh and you guys do realize the interface is in Chinese right?

I dont know if there is any English available...

Really? Some of the pictures show English. Look at the GPS, bluetooth and stereo pics show words in english.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you on that point though.

So, are they actually selling these things somewhere? If not, maybe we can talk them down a bit more.

Don't they realized what a huge market we are here on LGT.com? :lol: :lol: ;)

I still haven't heard back yet, but I did read my first email from ipmart again. On the map subject, I think what they are saying is it doesn't come with any maps, but they can load trial maps on it and those trial maps can not be updated. That makes more sense.

I also did some poking around on the Mazda sites and it seems like the maps are loaded through the SD slot on the front. I think that is pretty standard for these types of units and the SD slot is only for maps. My Magellan portable GPS works the same. So now the question is can we get maps for the US and how much are they. Personnally, I'm hoping that the maps are a standard deal from navtek or similar and it's up to us to load our own maps. I was a little worred that the maps would be a shady cracked unlicensed deal.

If I get an email response that gives me some warm and fuzzy vibes and I can get it for $600 + $75 shipping I'll probably give it a shot. I just think the pics look so cool and I can't stop thinking about actually having iPod integration.

For now I think I'll try sending an email to the manufacture.

Archived