LegacyGT.com

FS in CO: '03 Supercharged Sea Doo GTX

Legend

Forum member special price: $4650

Mountain West special terms: 50% down and immediate delivery, will take 6 payments for balance due

VF52 installers special for collegemt and enthusiast: $4500 and zero down... payments just fine

Up for sale is our very fun, fast, and pretty 2003 Sea-Doo Bombardier GTX. This is a high-performance 185hp supercharged jetski PWC that holds 3 passengers. Very well maintained, 100-hr service completed, have records. It has 107 hours and was just waxed last month. Needs nothing. This has Sea Doo's 1494cc 4-stroke reliable engine that is still used in 2009 in their PWC's and jet boats. Runs perfectly, never any problems. Includes 2003 Shorelander trailer.

http://beeez.com/seadoo/ski2.jpg

This jetski is stock except for some Worx sponsons, which were added for even greater control, maneuverability, and stability. For those looking for the 215hp RXP, this is the same block and can pretty easily be modified to RXP power levels or beyond by changing the intercooler or adding a cold air intake. But this jetski has been plenty fast enough for us! You won't find a faster, newer, more perfectly running jetski than this one. Still plenty of warm weather left in Colorado this year and take advantage of how I priced this to SELL in the late season!

From Sea Doo:

Another Sea•Doo watercraft first and only. Introducing the 185hp, GTX† 4-TEC™ SUPERCHARGED. It’s big. It’s bad. And it’s got a bright red blower. Behold the GTX† 4-TEC Supercharged, the industry’s first and only supercharged watercraft. With 185 horsepower and zero lag (unlike a turbocharger, our supercharger is always on) it’s the most powerful, highest performance production watercraft you can buy. Throw in our closed-loop cooling system, a 16-function LCD info center and a list of standard features longer than your arm, in two eye-popping paint jobs – Yellow or Viper Red – and the GTX† 4-TEC Supercharged isn’t just in a class of its own, it’s starting a whole new school.

Watercraft World Magazine - March 2003 - Modern Muscle

While the exisitng Sea-Doo GTX 4-TEC was impressive enough to garner last year's "Watercraft of the Year" award, Sea-Doo is betting that a more powerful version of otherwise essentially the same craft will entice a whole new collection of enthusiasts to just 'doo it. The bait? A supercharger, a forced air alternative to turbocharging that promises to eliminate the so-called "lag" inherent to turbocharged engines, and an addition that catapults Sea-Doo into the industry lead with an incredible 185 horsepower. Let's cut to the chase: does it work? Well, yes. The supercharged 4-TEC engine does indeed feel incredibly crisp off the bottom end. . . With the supercharger in place, an already impressive boat has come alive. you can see it partially in the numbers - the SC posted a 2.49-second time from 0-30 MPH, and a 62.32 MPH top speed - but's it's more readily apparent from the perspective of the craft's seat. There is always a reserve of power at your fingertips, power to pull you through a turn, power to pull a skier, power to jump quickly away from the pack.

Boating - February 2003

(The GTX 4-TEC) Supercharger delivers an instant performance gain with no loss in tractability. GTX hull delivers the softest roughwater ride in the three-seater class. The wide seat makes this boat a great candidate for long-range cruising. Enormous 50-gallon bow stowage compartmet swallows all your camping gear. Digital antitheft and speed-limiting systems come standard. Blow on a fire and it gets hotter. Blow into an engine and it makes more power. A supercharger blows air into an engine, and aboard the 2003 Sea-Doo GTX 4-TEC Supercharged, it boosts power output from 155 to 185 hp and significantly enhances the waterbikes's performance. The advantage of a supercharger over a turbocharger, is that there's virtually no lag in power delivery when you squeeze the throttle. A turbo compressor, which is driven by exhaust gas, takes an instant to "spool up" to speed and make power. The turbo also requires more plumbing and creates more heat tha the supercharger. . . On the water, you can feel the difference between the two systems. The turbocharged Honda lags a bit off the line. . . In contrast, the GTX 4-TEC supercharger builds power gradually -

http://beeez.com/seadoo/webski2.jpg

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Nice Specials John, I wish I could buy a Jetski, but I think my wife would kill me.

For you, take it now and pay me at tax time. You have 3 people in your family and the little one goes sandwiched between the 2 adults. Perfect for you. You won't get 3 people out on the water any cheaper or more fun than this!

My '05 LGT

I have done 71 mph at Lake Powell on early morning glass on the two seat version of that Sea-Doo. We could only get the 3 seater up to 68 mph! ;)

That are a lot of fun!

Those super chargers are soooo much better than the turbo version from Honda.

If I did not already have a boat and have to buy another car for my daughter/wife to drive I would do this. :lol:

Damn women!

True. Women are way more expensive than boats!

I think my aggressive pricing will result in a quick sale. I've got a guy lined up for Friday night and another one lined up for Saturday noon. I think it will be gone on Friday... he's bringing cash.

My '05 LGT

Ahh.... so nice! Great pricing and good luck with the sale! Feel free to forward my offer of storage to the new owner! ;-)

And Pierce, I am jealous! I only started riding this summer, but would love to hit ocean waves like that. On land I'm a scaredy little girl with stuff like this (jumping on motocross or ATV's), but on water I am fearless... probably until I have a nasty wreck.... haha. Looks like fun though!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Ahh.... so nice! Great pricing and good luck with the sale! Feel free to forward my offer of storage to the new owner! ;-)

And Pierce, I am jealous! I only started riding this summer, but would love to hit ocean waves like that. On land I'm a scaredy little girl with stuff like this (jumping on motocross or ATV's), but on water I am fearless... probably until I have a nasty wreck.... haha. Looks like fun though!

Haha you have no idea... I've never even ridden an ATV or dirt bike... Wiping out is a relative term because worst case scenario you can just jump off and land in the water... Only way to get hurt is to try and pull through something you have no chance of landing... Worst wreck I had was actually not even jumping waves... I was just going wide open throtte(about 65-70mph) and hit a tiny wake awkwardly and fell into the water head first...

-PIerce

DSC01130.thumb.jpg.c0a4454b250dd5d7310f41261b704077.jpg

DSC01131.thumb.jpg.874f0a797f3b119900487c2350293e22.jpg

DSC01137.thumb.jpg.64a4cda63b600646d320a275551edf64.jpg

Haha you have no idea... I've never even ridden an ATV or dirt bike... Wiping out is a relative term because worst case scenario you can just jump off and land in the water... Only way to get hurt is to try and pull through something you have no chance of landing... Worst wreck I had was actually not even jumping waves... I was just going wide open throtte(about 65-70mph) and hit a tiny wake awkwardly and fell into the water head first...

-PIerce

you guys are both crazy :spin::spin: :lol:

I can imagine it would be tough to go to the boring lakes once you've played on the open sea. I have to follow wake boarding boats to find a good wake, and unfortunately the 'Man' will kick you off the lake for following closer than 100 ft to a boat, and by that time the wake has mellowed out a lot... I want to try ocean waves!!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

I'm I reading this right?

Flippin' 1500cc supercharged engines are in wave runners now?!

I have to rent one the next time I hit the lake! It's been probebly 15 years since I rode one.

Oh, and congrats on teh sale.

Archived