LegacyGT.com

Holy crap....drove next to an aggressively driven CLK63 Black series today

Hey all,

Saw a mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series from behind and even without the carbon fiber rear diffuser and trunk lip, you could tell it was a black series: the whole car was rippling when it hit anything but perfectly smooth pavement.

Anyway, the real treat was not seeing it, it was the sound....it was that the guy driving had decided to drive it aggressively.

I have never seen anything pull away from 80mph like this car did. He dropped a gear and it didn't even sound like a street-engine....it sounded like it was on a race track. It didn't burble. It roared.

I'm guessing he went from 80-120mph in about 3 seconds. I'm not sure. I was having an eargasm.

Anyway, I've heard and read a bit about the black series, but never saw one in person being driven aggressively. I couldn't believe the manuevers this thing was pulling, the acceleration, and the overall speed changes he was achieving effortlessly. He'd pop up to 120 and back down to 70 and the car never once squatted or dived. Perfectly composed.

Made me realize how badly I want that level of control (and of course I want perfect create comforts and space for family trips, lol).

Joe

Me reading this kind of stuff makes me wish I still worked for MB. Maybe if the phone rings one day and it's them, I'll take them up on it.:spin:Another amazing sound was an SL65 indoors at idle. It honestly sounded like a plane. In a good way, that is.:lol:

The 65 CL and SL series cars are faster on the road than the 63 BS. The 63 is better suited for the track but nothing accelerates like the v12.

When you saw that car accelerate, imagine another car putting 3-4 cars on it at full throttle. That's what the 65 is like. The 63's 470tq has no chance against the 65's 740 ft/lbs, with the standard-issue 65 out-trapping it by 6-7 mph through the quarter.

Archived