LegacyGT.com

Drop in Panel Filters...which one?

Driver72

Perrin is a washable and oiled foam filter

I was never a fan of oiled foam in karts. They got dirty quickly and if you swapped out a dirty filter for a clean one, you could feel the change in pickup from the higher air flow. Oiled paper air filters didn't have this problem for some reason. Lap times bore this out, too.

i know i'm not supposed to post in the turbo section but just wanted to know whether the Blitz induction cover would fit a 2.5i non-turbo and be a worthy mod?

It should as long as the box is the same. I know for a fact that the 2.5i use the same size filter. But for a n/a you will much better suited with a full length short ram or cold air intake.

I used to be into Jeeps quite a bit and used K&N filters all the time until....

We sent in some oil (always used mobile one) and found the silica content in the oil was really high due to the K&N not filtering as good as the stock one.

There was a guy, I dont think it was bob the oil guy, but someone that was really into testing this stuff and found them not to be good as far as really filtering.

If you did a search on jeepsunlimited.com I bet you would find the info.

At any rate, I quit using them. One note is that it was in an offroad situation as well.

are you saying oil catches the fine particles that the K&N filter doesn't catch? so as long as you change oil regularly, it's ok? :confused:

Agreed, but that is the SUS filter, not the LM that is what we use that, by the description, is the same material as the Aper'i

well no offense but if Blitz's SUS filter is that crappy (filtration wise at least), that just takes away my confidence in their other filter products.

No, it shouldn't

Some companys have the good and the bad.

I like GReddy parts but for electronics, I stick with HKS

The Blitz SUS filter is hust a stainless mesh and nothing else. The LM is the Apex'I version. like an K&N without the oil. Works really well as I cleaned the inside of the box when I installed and the side after the filter has stayed clean!

The Perrin caused a MIL on my other LegGT and I had to clean the MAF as it was covered in oil.

You don't see me leaving Subaru just because of a bad car in their linup. ;)

• 5 months later...

no oil for the avo. I just cleaned mine the other day....just picked the crap out of it and washed it under some water. after it was dry, i knocked it on the table a few times to get any remaining dust out of it.

you can apparently use gentle dishwashing detergent on it too, but I figured I'd just stick with water since it wasn't too dirty.

AVO is just drops right in. No Oil required.

I believe the directions say to clean every 20,000 miles(a little water or just wipe down).

It does cost about $50.00, which makes it one of the more expensive ones.

It is a quality piece especially when you compare to the stock filter panel.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

50 bucks isnt bad for a filter, I paid 35 or 40 for my K&N filter for my Wolverine, this is a car worth a lot more moolahh than my ATV is

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/fiidgett/100_2915.jpg

Archived