LegacyGT.com

Girl Issues...

Platinum_Racing

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty simple, break up with her. People don't "change" in the way everyone likes to believe to appease someone else in an attempt to keep a relationship going. You are who you are, that applies to the both of you.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

^ +1

From the best show evar! (House):

Maria Palko: Marriages don't fail because couples get bored. They fail because, while they're dating, people pretend to be the person they think their partner wants and then - well, there's only so long you can keep that up.

Dr. Allison Cameron: Maybe they are that person when they're dating, but then they change.

Maria Palko: People thinking their partner will change? That's another reason marriages fail. People don't change. At least not in any way that really matters.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

^ Translation: Bros before Hoes

Not even. What I really mean is that it is up to the two people in a relationship to hold up their end of the relationship. If my friend's want to hit on my wife because they think she is hot, so be it. I would prefer them to think she is hot. The "guy" code does not apply. What I am really looking from my relationship and I am happily married is that my wife jokingly pushes back my friend's come ons and later on tells me about them. I would not be mad, but would rather question my friend's "friendship".

This is also coming from a guy that was on the other side of the spectrum. I was a single guy at the end of my high school term. One of my best friend's twin brother was dating a hot chick for two years. Well the hot chick liked me and we hit it off. Eventually she ended up going on a few outings with me behind his back. I did not tell the guy that this was happening because she told me she would "tell him eventually". Well eventually came around and things blew up out of proportion. Neither the guy, nor his twin brother, who was my best friend at the time have spoken to me since. I ended up marrying the girl and we have lived happily ever after. Maybe I'm the a-hole as perceived by the "guy code", but I think some relationships are destined for failure, especially those originating in high school. Our relationship is on a whole different level, honesty, integrity and trust. I trust that my wife will repel dirty text messages from ex's and will tell me about them, instead of participating in the crime.

^ also 10 years later the guys still hate me and my friend from high school ended up passing away before we had an opportunity to openly discuss what had happened and "make up". So if you are still mad at someone because of some stupid things they did in high school, try to connect with them and let go of your grudges before its too late.

It seems obvious that you like the girl and your friend. It's also obvious that you are in a bad situation. The girl sounds like a spoiled brat and playing games. You definitely need to get rid of her, because she'll end up leaving you at the most inconvenient time and taking everything with her. I've seen a LOT of people like her, and that's what usually happens. It'll be a long time (and a lot of guys) before she matures.

Having your friend as a roommate is also a bad idea. If those 2 end up dating, she'll move right back in and trash the place. Boot those two out, because it can only end in failure.

BTW, I don't know anyone that sex texts their "friend." That is called intent, no matter how much a girl cries.

Things sound bad enough, and your friend has not even moved in. Do you really believe it will get better after he moves in?

Unless you have a sick urge to live the life of a reality show, run away, fast (and don't look back!).

She says that shes sick of who I am and that she wants something else.

"We'd both try to make changes for the better", which hardly seem to work.

Sounds like your relationship has flatlined and you two keep trying to "resuscitate the patient" to no avail.

He is a stand up guy and always pays his own way

Men generally are stand-up guys, up to the point that the shit falls in their lap. Come on, you're a guy yourself, consider the situation for a bit.

My girlfriend cried when I confronted her, and assured me he's only a friend.

Sounds to me like a manipulative person. Then again, you kinda admitted to this yourself.

My thoughts? It's long overdue that you end this relationship that seems to have gone down destructive ways for both of you. If she is not bringing out the best in you and if you are not doing the same for her, then there is no point in continuing.

I know I'm not perfect, infact I admit I am actually a crappy boyfriend, but I still try to do the right thing

Putting yourself down, wether or not conditioned by your present girlfriend is just about the worst thing you can do right now, so don't. Otherwise you're more or less trapping yourself furthermore in this relationship by thinking you'll never end up with anything better.

/thread

so I dumped her because she's always going to be a slut at heart and theres no changing that and now we just fool around if we see each other or get bored and leave it at that with no strings attached and no questions asked

Under regular circumstances a friend with benefits is a great thing to have. But in your situation, to me, you come off as preying off this girl (or otherwise as a sort of enabler) who has obvious personal issues that she has to deal with/sort through on her own. And that, in a sense, makes you worse than her.

He's sober now. :lol:

Kinda... :lol:

But seriously, I have been considering leaving. I live in my own house and she lives with me, so it's not a matter of moving out, it's a matter of having her leave. I guess I'm just scared of the implications of living without her. I know 2 years isn't a long time in relation to the human lifespan, but I'm sure you guys know what it's like to sleep alone after sleeping next to someone for a while... It's tough.

I do appreciate the confidence building advice however, and it does make me think. I guess I have some important decisions to make. It's not like this is a one time thing, this type of thing happens more than I'd like to admit...

But seriously, I have been considering leaving. I live in my own house and she lives with me, so it's not a matter of moving out, it's a matter of having her leave. I guess I'm just scared of the implications of living without her. I know 2 years isn't a long time in relation to the human lifespan, but I'm sure you guys know what it's like to sleep alone after sleeping next to someone for a while... It's tough.

I do appreciate the confidence building advice however, and it does make me think. I guess I have some important decisions to make. It's not like this is a one time thing, this type of thing happens more than I'd like to admit...

Oh even better since it's your place. Wait for her to leave, change the locks and any other points of access, throw her shit out on the curb and when she gets home tell her to get the hell out.

Oh even better since it's your place. Wait for her to leave, change the locks and any other points of access, throw her shit out on the curb and when she gets home tell her to get the hell out.

That would be so cowardly. Meh.

He should just ask her to move out. As simple as that.

Come on, dude. You're young, own a house, have a job... primo material. You'll easily find another. Hopefully a good woman, true love and a future wife. Kick this WAPCE out!

That would be so cowardly. Meh.

He should just ask her to move out. As simple as that.

I am results oriented, bravery is overrated in many cases. All that matters is victory. If that can be achieved through dirty underhanded tricks that result in less hassle/risk for you then so much the better!:lol:

I am short term results oriented, bravery is overrated in many cases. All that matters is victory. If that can be achieved through dirty underhanded tricks that result in less hassle/risk for you then so much the better!:lol:

Don't forget karma ;)

Archived