LegacyGT.com

Whats to come for 2011? spec? or STI?

with the 2010 line up pretty much set

question is ... will SOA release a spec or STI for the new leggy?

we know dealers had a hard time selling the 08/09 specs, probably mianly because its hard to justify the price difference without having too much different in te car...

any thought? :lol::spin:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GT is $7k less than the STI in the US.

agreed the base

GT is far less than the STI in the states, hell evena fully loaded GT is less than the STI :spin:

I can dream right? RAo what color did you order :lol:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

GT is $7k less than the STI in the US.

28690 for a premium without leather, moonroof or HK sound system... no-option model.

995 for a moonroof, 995 for HK sound system, Both for $1990

29995 for Limited with Leather and HK. (29685 for premium + HK... I guess Leather = 310$)

31687 with limited and a Moon Roof.

33685 with that plus NAV.

35690 for a standard WRX STI.

39490 for a WRX STI with NAV and BBS forged wheels. (the only option package)

So let's compare apples to Apples.

Legacy GT comes with:

Less power

not nearly as good 6MT as WRX STI has, not like 07-09 Spec B.

No Variable Torque Distribution AWD, let alone DCCD.

No Bilsteins

No Brembos

No Forged sport wheels available (and BTW, Legacy GT tires are summer performance, not 4-season... so replacements or an extra set are needed for the snow.)

No HIDs

More weight.

Bulkier styling (although that is a wash because both the Imreza and Legacy are both now ugly)

Neither one have an automatic gearbox option. Spec A WRX STI is probably more likely to happen than Legacy GT to get an automatic before it gets shelved/canned entirely.

All Legacy does have is more interior room, leather, and a sunroof. You might as well get a comfy 3.6R, if those three things are advantages over the list of what Legacy GT doesn't have.

^ sorry but i walked out of a dealer on friday with paper ready to sign giving me the 2010 gt with nav for a little over 31... sti with nav was still stickered at 40 and going for roughly 38

those numbers are cut and pasted from Subaru's online build utility at the time I posted them. The only source used for all of those listed prices.

If your dealer is dealing on the '10 Legacy, that is up to them, but the MSRP according to the website for the Legacy GT Limited with NAV is $33,685. The NAV is only available with the Sunroof for $2995, and the sunroof alone is $995. NAV = $2000. If the dealer is dealing on it... that is their, well... deal.

If they are marking an STI above $39,490, there must be some sort of accessory, or something installed that has been added on, because the only factory option packages are NAV+BBS forged wheels for $3800, or just the BBS wheels. The gold wheels and silver wheels are the same price, $2000 for just the wheels, the same 3800$ with NAV included.

Evidently STI's NAV is 200$ cheaper than Legacy GT's NAV...

I am just posting what Subaru has made available. Heaven forbid B4 accuse me of jumping to conclusions again. :rolleyes:

^ no im not...i was just giving first hand info ...

but i would pay 40k for an sti leggy... if it gave me more power and the same amneties...

2010 its still sweet btw... true its softer and more plush... but i think they made the right movem leave the WRX impreza for the boy racers, and make he leggy for the mor refined "WTF car is that that just kicked my ass" crowd lol ...

I'm sure it does appeal to a fair proportion of the population, just not me.

Cars are similar to women in so many ways.............she could be the best cook, the most loyal and reliable wife you can ever ask for, be fantastic in bed, but if she's butt ugly then I couldn't marry her :lol:

lol...

dont get me wrong i do think the previous gens looked better, but even then poeple stil thought they were hyundais :lol:

I'm sure it does appeal to a fair proportion of the population, just not me.

Cars are similar to women in so many ways.............she could be the best cook, the most loyal and reliable wife you can ever ask for, be fantastic in bed, but if she's butt ugly then I couldn't marry her :lol:

Continuing that analogy....

I am not sure that the '10 Legacy is that great a cook, or in bed.

She can make sandwiches, and sex is kinda like pizza, even when it's bad, it's still good...

But people still wonder why I cringe and shrink back, when the father of the bride, Subaru, brings out, and lifts the veil to reveal his daughter, Legacy...

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here on this most joyous occasion, to witness Legacy, daughter of Subaru....

....[and me, the groom] going right past the altar, heading down the ramp, and out the door!" (paraphrased from SpaceBalls)

The BL was the girl next door, even if she is only 5'4", and good looking, even if she wasn't as well known as a professional model, smart, loyal, and classy.

The '10 Legacy is the girl down the block, who's 6'3", built like a lumberjack, not very pretty, and while maybe stronger than the girl next door, just isn't as talented.

IWSS: i think you came close to the analogy but,

imo the 10 is the girl next doors older sister, while not as good looking as the BL, , definitely smoother, similar to that movie she's all that...te beauty is hidden until we make it over!

Have to disagree.

The ugliness of the '10 is more than "paint covered overalls, and black frame glasses. It is bone structure. If anything, BL is more like Rachel Leigh Cook, easily underestimated, and good looking when one takes the time to see it.

No amount of makeover is going to make the '10 a prom queen, not with it's cowl height, frontal height, fender flares, roof height, and chunky detail design.

An E39 V8 M5 would be quite nice... I always liked the directness and dignity of that car. but probably a constant fear-fest in inclement weather. No AWD available.

Not feeling the newer/current 5-series.

Really, Subaru has good underpinnings... probably quite a nice sport grand tourer if they put the 09 Spec B's better 6MT behind an H6 engine, with VTD AWD, and limited slip, and bilsteins for good sporty, smooth ride.

But the exterior and interior, and removal of options make it very hard to keep considering.

Archived