LegacyGT.com

'09 Pontiac G8GT v. LGT

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And a bottle opener and a bottle heater and it is illegal to use on the street in most states, but we all still get it - NOS is the BEST THING EVAR!!!!

Isnt it also illegal to race on the street? What would people use it for legally in states that its legal, "ahhhhh officer i had to get to 60mph in 2.8 seconds or that guy would have cut me off."

Went to the track again tonight...

The G8 now has a CAI and reflash. Weather conditions were pretty close to the last time I ran the LGT (May), so it's a very good comparison. DA for the LGT run was 4000, and for the G8 was 4100...

LGT: 13.74 @ 99.8

G8: 13.57 @ 104.6

I know a lot of folks are running faster with stage 2 LGTs, but these are real world, at the same track under very similar conditions; both cars can do better (my LGT did run 13.40 in cooler weather). Mods to the G8 so far cost less than half what stage 2 LGT mods cost, and that's really my point. The LSx engines have huge potential, and it's easy to get them rolling. :D

went to the track again tonight...

The g8 now has a cai and reflash. Weather conditions were pretty close to the last time i ran the lgt (may), so it's a very good comparison. Da for the lgt run was 4000, and for the g8 was 4100...

Lgt: 13.74 @ 99.8

g8: 13.57 @ 104.6

i know a lot of folks are running faster with stage 2 lgts, but these are real world, at the same track under very similar conditions; both cars can do better (my lgt did run 13.40 in cooler weather). Mods to the g8 so far cost less than half what stage 2 lgt mods cost, and that's really my point. The lsx engines have huge potential, and it's easy to get them rolling. :D

nice!

I like the G8 GTs, but there is one reason I would not buy one. At first, I was very interested in them.. I like the bang for buck, body style, etc., but now that they have been out for awhile, there is one thing that really turns me off of them; I SEE THEM EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME!!!.

One reason I bought my LGT among many other reasons is the rarity in my area. I can drive for weeks without seeing another LGT much less a 2.5i, but I'm seeing these new G8s all the time. I like driving a vehicle nobody else has. Even at the local Suby meets I'm the only Legacy GT guy to show unless my buddy shows with his. When purchasing a new driver, this is a big selling factor for me. That's probabaly why I never end up in a domestic vehicle. That being said, I have never driven a g8 GT, and depending on my impressions, it might be just enough to overcome my complex of having to be in a car you don't see everyday. The only other factor that keeps me from considering the G8 is the RWD (which I love other than the fact that I live in the snowy and icy Midwest). However, it seems that sticky snow tires take care of that issue. Thanks rodan for sharing your impressions and giving us a real world comparison.

really?? legacy's are EVERYWHERE around here....

For real. I probably see a non-GT just a couple times a week and a LGT maybe once every few weeks. I see the Outbacks more regularly but the Outback XT, forget it. I can't remember the last time seeing one of those in these parts. I see G8s almost everytime I drive somewhere.

Went to the track again tonight...

The G8 now has a CAI and reflash. Weather conditions were pretty close to the last time I ran the LGT (May), so it's a very good comparison. DA for the LGT run was 4000, and for the G8 was 4100...

LGT: 13.74 @ 99.8

G8: 13.57 @ 104.6

I know a lot of folks are running faster with stage 2 LGTs, but these are real world, at the same track under very similar conditions; both cars can do better (my LGT did run 13.40 in cooler weather). Mods to the G8 so far cost less than half what stage 2 LGT mods cost, and that's really my point. The LSx engines have huge potential, and it's easy to get them rolling. :D

Nice, run that bitch at sea level on a 65 degree day and see if you can hit 12s lol.

If its a predator tune be careful, alot of people say they arent very reliable. For f-bodys anyway....

A guy over on the lsx forums just pulled a 12.59 at 109mph with intake, headers and a dyno tune. He put down 360whp, 1.89 60ft and his best trap speed of the day was a 111mph. Stock 19 inch rims and street tires

My buddy has an 08 G8 GT. Cold air, x=pipe, CBE, and tune. Dunoed put down 375whp and 390 wtq. He did a 13.1 with 20inch rims. I told him throw the stockers back on and he'd be in the 12s

Yea, 13.1 is slow for that power and mods. There are a couple 12.6-12.8 g8 gts with less power. Maybe the weather was bad for racing.

I told him throw the stockers back on and he'd be in the 12s

Yup, I'm actually looking at going to aftermarket 18's. The tire selection in 19" sucks, and prices are high. There are a lot more options in 18 and 20, but 20's are ridiculously heavy... Plus it will ride better (not that it's bad now) with 18s, and there are drag radials available in 18... ;)

Archived