LegacyGT.com

Soooo, whats the standard practice?

I can't bother waving to every subaru... to many of them in Maine. Besides, when it is nice weather in the summer I ride my home made moped and don't drive my legacy to much.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What exactly is a home made moped? Is that like a wood frame go cart with a lawn mower engine that we had as kids?

Think mountain bike with 2-stroke engine bolted on :)

Single speed, runs around 6k RPMs at 30mph. But I drive the living piss out of it, I was running around at about 45mph today :D

I guess I should start a thread... One gear. Has a clutch, so that's how you start it. Just pedal and let out the clutch. It runs fine right now. I have been having endless carb issues.... But today I got it running well again and took it up to 45mph and almost shat myself... Ok, I'll admit, it is a bit scary driving it that fast. I usually keep it under 30.

In my basement I have an old 1978 Puegot 103 with 500 miles original miles on it. Regardless I rebuilt the motor w/ new rings, restored all the parts, and lost all the bolts to put it back together. It looks a lot like that orange Puegot a few posts back. The gas tanks rust though, one solution is to take everything off the frame (Frame and tank are all one piece), fill the tank with nuts, bolts, and CLR, then shake vigroiously, let it sit overnight, and shake vigoriously again. Repeat as needed.

I loved that thing. I've been thinking of buying another moped to drive around and save gas.

I did notice another black GT wagon the other day on Rt20 going the other way as I was leaving work. I sometimes see a black GT on Rt91 in VT, a couple of black Outback's XT's too. I don't bother looking to much like most said to many soccer mom's driving NA cars.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived