LegacyGT.com

Favorite Drinks....

Platinum_Racing

We're talking alcoholic beverages here, no soda unless it's in a mixed drink.

I love all kinds of beer, so it's hard to name just one. Here are my top 5 in no particular order...

Michelob Amber Bock

Budweiser

Heineken

Sam Adams Boston Lager

Long Trail Double Bag

As far as liquor goes, I like Wild Turkey 101 proof Bourbon on the rocks, or mixed with coffee... strong black coffee, with a little sugar. Rum makes me sick to my stomach, and I can't stand vodka. My girlfriend's got me enjoying mudslides though, of course I would never be seen drinking one in public... At home it's a different story however. ;)

Anybody want to share?

My wife makes a marvelous mojito - had a couple last night. :)

Red wine is at the top of my list - the bigger the better.

Beer is ok - Sam Adams Boston Lager, Coors, or Fat Tire.

And vodka - either Belvedere, Chopin or Grey Goose.

I'm Russian, so Vodka is up there for me. I don't need anything fancy and prefer the cheap Stolichnaya Raspberry flavored or mixed with OJ, Cranberry, Tomato Juice, Red Bull, etc.

Aside from Vodka I prefer to drink Captain Morgan's Private Stock Rum with Diet Soda.

Beer choice is Bud Light Lime for the quick fix or the Celebrator from Wegmans for the more sophisticated beer palette.

Did I mention Sweet Tea Vodka? That there is some good stuff.

Red Bull + Vodka is my top choice.

Really vodka and anything is great ^_^

Corona, Maudite, and Sam Adams are about the only beers I care for.

Jager is great as well, especially jager bombs...mmm...

Jager and Red Bull is great. Even though now I always feel like the asshole in the "My New Haircut" video when I do jager bombs.

I can't deny that I like Bud Light Lime. Carona is better though. Leinenkugel is great off the tap. So is Purple Haze, Blue Moon, Stella Artois, Pyramid, New Castle, Shock Top. I like all sorts of beers.

I tried draught Stella Artois imported lager tonight, and was impressed. Great taste, easy drinkability, and a pleasant sweetness. It was very good.

Glad to know you also appreciate Stella.

If I want to get a buzz on real quick Ill drink Bud Light Lime, as it has good taste. Other than that I think it's a bit too light.

Sierra Nevada pale ale

Shipyard export (Maine)

Dogfish IPA

Brooklyn Brewery Chocolate Stout (10%)

And just about anything Rogue makes

Bud light lime only ice cold on hot days, normally on a boat.

I tried Newcastle Brown Ale tonight...

Very good. Much lighter than expeced with a decent dark color, tan head with decent duration and good lacing, and a nice, smooth finish. Aroma cou'd've been a little stronger and the taste could've benefited from a little more strength, but regardlesss I think I've found a new beer-of-choice! Now if I could only find this brew on tap somewhere I'd be all set! ;)

No offense but in my opinion while Bud Light W/Lime does taste good and go down super easy, it is the soda pop of beers. Light, straw color, light taste, non-existent head, poor retention, poor lacing, and not much actual beer flavor. doesn't even smell like beer either. Don't get me wrong the woman has a 6 pack of BL W/Lime in the fridge right now, but I don't think I could enjoy a meal with it. I can't speak for anyone else out there, but I think my GF cooks pretty darn good, so when you have a decent meal in front of you, and you wash it down with a light beer smothered in citrus flavors, it sorta feels like you didn't really enjoy the meal. I gotta have a at least little bitterness to my beer. I don't like super-crazy-incredo bitter, but a little bit really makes the flavor. I gotta give it up for the BL W/Lime though, it does have superior drinkability to any other alcoholic beverage short of those chick drink/wine cooler things. Man those create a new kind of heartburn that's just out of this world don't they? If I still drank beer purely for the effect, I'd get BL W/Lime instead of Natural Ice anyday.... Even though I think Naddy Ice tastes better, you can simply POUND BL W/Lime... :)

Greyhound = Vodka + grapefruit juice. Delicious

Gin Gimlett = A little lime juice + a lot of gin. Very delicious

Sam Adams Summer ale, Leffe, Newcastle, and Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse from the yard house. VERY, VERY delicious.

Now that we've covered favorite drinks, how about least favorite drinks. Without offending anyone or their personal tastes of course...

I just cannot stomach rum. Maybe it's because the first time I ever got drunk I got alcohol poisioning from Captain Morgans..... That was bad, I was throwing up for hours laying in a bathtub while my friend poured cold water over me fully clothed to keep me awake. Looking back I probably should've gone to the hospital... Oh well. You know what they say, whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. :lol:

Vodka soda, or a dry vodka martini. Or a good Gin martini.

As a Canadian It's pretty blasphemous for me to admit that I try to stay away from beer due to the calories, unless I'm at a BBQ. If I have a beer choice, it's Mooshead, or straight-forward Molson Canadian.

I have posted many of my favorite imbibes, but I'll share a new one I just came across if you want something fresh and summery for the ladies.

Very simple and quick.

Blackberry* New Age (* or your berry of choice)

Fill mixer about half way with ice. Add 1-2 blackberries. Muddle the berries in the ice, using a pestle/stick to crush the ice. Add 5 oz of New Age (it's a sparkling wine). Strain to a cocktail glass.

It was a great drink for a hot day and sure to be popular with women. I didn't feel too gay drinking the sample, but I might be self concious if I had a cosmo glass with the same drink in hand.

My wife makes a marvelous mojito - had a couple last night. :)

Red wine is at the top of my list - the bigger the better.

Beer is ok - Sam Adams Boston Lager, Coors, or Fat Tire.

And vodka - either Belvedere, Chopin or Grey Goose.

John, Do you have a date planned when you leave?

Beer:

Hoegaarden

Sam Adams Imperial White Ale

Thomas Hooker Watermelon Ale

Haffenreffer Private Stock

(My own brew) Wisenheimer Boysenberry Ale

I don't like Private Stock too much. Malt Liquor doesn't sit well with me anymore.

I've really wanted to try brewing at home, any pointers? I have a supply store that's nearby, I just have no idea what to get.

I don't like Private Stock too much. Malt Liquor doesn't sit well with me anymore.

I've really wanted to try brewing at home, any pointers? I have a supply store that's nearby, I just have no idea what to get.

I find when it comes to malt liquor people either love it or hate it.

In terms of home brewing, the initial purchase isn't as overwhelming as you may (or may not, what the **** do I know what you think?) think.

I started off very simple, my wife purchased me a all in one kit called Mr. Brew, and for beginning brewers I can NOT praise it enough. it really gets you started in terms of becoming familiar with the ingredients and processes and what not.

Once youve done a couple batches and you think you've got the hang of it, you can move on to a more complicated (but by far. much better) set up. Stop by your local supply store, ask the people that work there what you should start off with. A lot of it depends on what YOU like. Theres SOOOOOOOOOO much variety. If you have any questions, things like that, feel free to PM me, Id love to be as of much help as I can be.

Ive found that I spend around 30-40 bucks per batch. Which yields me 5 gallons (or about four 12 packs). So cost wise, depending on what you normally buy, you about break even. But the satisfaction is even that much more, because you made it yourself.

Archived