LegacyGT.com

Favorite Drinks....

Platinum_Racing

That's what I was thinking, but on top of that you get to drink a brew nobody else is drinking (Once you get past that Mr. Brew kit of course). I was thinkin of buying one of those kits to start me off, but I figured regular home-brewers would laugh at me... :( I'm part of a beer forum as well and I was to embarrassed to tell them what I was thinking of doing in fear that they would tell me to spend triple the amount. Glad to know I'm not a sissy for starting out with an all-in-one kit. :)

Brandy: Cardenal Mendoza Solera Gran Reserva. A fine Spanish brandy with a rich amber color, full bouquet of fruits and spices, and a pleasant toffee finish.

Scotch: The Macallan Highland Single Malt, 12 years, aged in oak casks from Jerez Spain also used for fine brandy and sherry. Deep golden color from the type of barrel, interesting hints of dried fruits and spices, with an almost sherry-like taste.

Beer: I'll take almost anything as I don't drink it often, but my personal preference is on local brews (Switchback, Harpoon, pretty much anything from Burlington VT), Belgian abbey ales, and those ever popular green bottle Danish Lagers.

Wine: Usually depends on the meal, no real preference on type of grape, but I do tend to shy away from Californian wines. The Europeans spoiled the hell out of me last time I was over there.

Mixes: T&T, real Long Island Iced Tea, C&C, and whatever else strikes my fancy when I make it. Being an out of work bartender has its advantages when you've got tons of free time, and a full liquor cabinet.

• 2 months later...

I don't drink beer or wine.

If I'm drinking small amounts, jack and coke. Large amounts, either Jack Daniels or Jim Beam Rye on ice. I can consume whiskey in large quantities if not mixed, and never get sick or have a hangover the next morning.

I will occasionally drink redbull and vodka (good with various flavors of absolute), but it is almost a surefire way to get sick or have a hell of a hangover.

Mojitos made with rum are pretty tasty too if you have fresh mint.

Archived