LegacyGT.com

Legacy 3.0R owners...I have questions

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you considered the '10 model? The engine is bored out and tuned to run on regular. Just a thought if you're worried about MPG. Even though I know my '08 CAN run on regular, I've never done it since some of the guys say they've felt a loss in power.

I replaced my old 2003 Infiniti G35 with a 2008 legacy 3.0R limited. I got sick of dealing with a RWD vehicle in the snowy winters. The 3.0 r might not have as much power as the G35, but 3.0 R rides and handles better. For the price, it was a great deal. I was able to get 28.5 mpg on a 750 mile recent road trip (all interstate). Love the subie and will never go with anything else.

Oops- now the dealer said they made a mistake and there is no platform available for the sedans- just the Outback and Legacy wagons (thru '07). He says there may be an aftermarket one available for the Sedans- checking now. If anyone here knows of one, please let me know.
Hidden hitch makes two for 2009 sedan according to their website -PN 90138, 87446.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

benefit of the '10 is the tranny and the dvd already in the navi without mods..

i have an 08 r w/navi in harvest gold metallic. i wanted black too but the dark interior didnt give the car justice. the beige leather looks very sharp, and after my seat cleanings it stays that way. the mpg listed is wayyyyy lower than what i get with city, hwy and combined.

the hwy on S# like mentioned before is very fun

I've only had my 3.0R about a week. I came from an 07 STi. So there was (still is) some adjusting to do. The car has a decent amount of power. Although I haven't really got on it yet, as I only have about 530mi on it. The mileage seems decent. I haven't been though a full tank yet to calculate the mileage, but the trip computer read about 28 on a 55 mile trip. Lots of hills and turns and low speed zones. I am getting about 22-23 right now in 100% stop and go city driving. The engine has a whine to it, believe that has to do with the timing chain. The H6's, at least the new ones, have a chain instead of a belt like the H4's. In SI Drive, S and S# seem to hold the gears a bit longer which can get annoying in city driving as you are basically waiting for the car to shift. I imagine it would be nice on the highway if you are looking to overtake and have to let off the throttle for a second before completing the pass. Over all I am very happy with the car.

Not to further feed your "modding bug", but what does a 3.0 sound like with an exhaust? Anyone have a vid?

Hope mine sounds like this soon :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIZyi7-aSig]YouTube - MADAC EXHAUST[/ame]

I absolutely agree; reminds me of a Camry and the pre-2008 Maxima. And although the look does grow on ya, especially when you see one in person, I prefer the smaller sportier look and interior of the 2005-2009. I don't need the larger family-size, it's just my dog and me most of the time. But for the sake of higher sales volume and going more mainstream, I think Subaru did the right thing (mostly); I just prefer my new 2009 3.0R and I'm very, very happy I got my hands on one before they were all gone.

I couldn't be happier with it! I recommend anyone even considering one of these to run out to the dealership and drive/buy one soon before all the 09's are gone. I've never thought I'd regret the the purchases of my '06 and '08 2.5i until I drove this car. These and the Limiteds are deeply discounted, you can get a great deal- Limiteds around 22-23k, non-ltd 22 and under. I spent most of last week checking inventories all over the US and there are a few left- every color and type.

I left South Louisisna 8:30pm Thursday and arrived in Wilmington, NC Friday afternoon (14.5 hrs later) Then drove it back 945 miles and 15 hours back to Baton Rouge, returning Saturday afternoon. Already have 1300 miles on it.

I just picked up my 09 3.0R from Grayson over the weekend and John really made it an easy and pleasant experience. I am the former owner of a 06 LGT (Stage 1) and then a Jeep Grand Cherokee (Hemi) for a brief period of time.

First impressions:

- handles much tighter than the LGT stock to stock

- a much smoother ride

- 3.0 power is swift off the line and good throughout the spectrum - I do miss the feel of the turbo and the power of the tune (but this still is a quick car)

- I feel like the interior cabin is smaller than my 06 LGT...true?

- I wish it had more storage areas for cell phones, ipods, etc while driving

- Wish it had homelink in the mirror

- Navi seems to work well, may be a little bit overly complicated

- I drove over 600 highways miles the day I got it - the computer says I got 27.8mpg for the trip...my amatuer estimate based on fuel consumption says I got 26.9 mpg. That was with it cruising in intelligent mode.

First impressions:

- handles much tighter than the LGT stock to stock - Has same suspension as Spec.B, from my understanding.

- a much smoother ride

- 3.0 power is swift off the line and good throughout the spectrum - I do miss the feel of the turbo and the power of the tune (but this still is a quick car)

- I feel like the interior cabin is smaller than my 06 LGT...true? - No, unless you didn't have a sunroof before and you do now.

- Wish it had homelink in the mirror - I have it. Well worth it. Can be added on through Subaru should you change your mind.

- Navi seems to work well, may be a little bit overly complicated - I'm still trying to figure out if I should get a new navi setup or keep it and just add Bluetooth.

- I drove over 600 highways miles the day I got it - the computer says I got 27.8mpg for the trip...my amatuer estimate based on fuel consumption says I got 26.9 mpg. That was with it cruising in intelligent mode. - When I cruise for long distances on highways at around 70-75, In I mode, I can pull roughly 26-28 MPG. It's around town in Sport that things start to suffer...if I get on it from all of the stops.

I thought I read that regarding the Spec B suspension but thought maybe I misread it. I really like the way it handles - NOW I KNOW WHY THE SPEC B. IS TEH SUPA CAR FROM GOD!!!

When I saw it had auto-dimming mirror with compass I assumed it had homelink like my 06...disappointing there and probably not worth the money to switch it up now.

As far as Navi goes, having your own handheld definitely has it's benefits when it comes to portability. This car and my Jeep had factory Navi and it's just so nice...I can't pin down why I like factory so much more.

Luckily I'm on the highway about 80% of my driving....much better than the 18.5mpg I was getting in the Jeep.

shoulda' kept the GT ;)
If you are like every other LGT owner I know you will be replacing the turbo before 100K, although I've run into WRX owners with as much as 180K on their stock turbos. One had to rebuild the 5EAT, as well: the turbo/automatic interaction seems to be the worst of all possible worlds.

Our 3.0R has over 90,000 miles and runs like a train. The performance difference between a LGT 5EAT and 3.0R is just about nil.

If you are a high-mileage driver the H6 is much more robust. I'll dump the WRX at 60K or so.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I replaced my old 2003 Infiniti G35 with a 2008 legacy 3.0R limited. I got sick of dealing with a RWD vehicle in the snowy winters. The 3.0 r might not have as much power as the G35, but 3.0 R rides and handles better. For the price, it was a great deal. I was able to get 28.5 mpg on a 750 mile recent road trip (all interstate). Love the subie and will never go with anything else.

Have you used winter tires with your G35?

Krzys

If you are like every other LGT owner I know you will be replacing the turbo before 100K, although I've run into WRX owners with as much as 180K on their stock turbos. One had to rebuild the 5EAT, as well: the turbo/automatic interaction seems to be the worst of all possible worlds.

Our 3.0R has over 90,000 miles and runs like a train. The performance difference between a LGT 5EAT and 3.0R is just about nil.

If you are a high-mileage driver the H6 is much more robust. I'll dump the WRX at 60K or so.

cool down, I was just bustin his balls.

I have put 3000 miles on my Legacy 3.0R Limited since I purchased it in early july. I definately have to say, I have no regrets in trading in my 03 G35 for the 3.0R. However, I do have to say the 100-w Stereo in the 2008 3.0Rs are kind of weak.

I have put 3000 miles on my Legacy 3.0R Limited since I purchased it in early july. I definately have to say, I have no regrets in trading in my 03 G35 for the 3.0R. However, I do have to say the 100-w Stereo in the 2008 3.0Rs are kind of weak.

Have you tried the factory sub? I added it to my 06 and 08 Legacy and it made a world of difference. I think I preferred it over this 09 Harmon/Kardon system. The H/K is clearer and precise- the instruments and voices sound more real; but I think the 08 (with sub) had a little more overall volume. It's just a matter of personal preference, like anything. Although I hear sonic improvements in the new H/K, I think it's mostly advertising hype. Notice they never mention the non-premium system being made by Panasonic. But now, just the words, 'Harmon/Kardon' will help sell the cars. I'll admit, it got MY attention. But in the end, the CAR still sold itself.

I just picked up my 09 3.0R from Grayson over the weekend and John really made it an easy and pleasant experience. I am the former owner of a 06 LGT (Stage 1) and then a Jeep Grand Cherokee (Hemi) for a brief period of time.

First impressions:

- handles much tighter than the LGT stock to stock

- a much smoother ride

- I feel like the interior cabin is smaller than my 06 LGT...true?

- Wish it had homelink in the mirror

- Navi seems to work well, may be a little bit overly complicated

- I drove over 600 highways miles the day I got it - the computer says I got 27.8mpg for the trip...my amatuer estimate based on fuel consumption says I got 26.9 mpg. That was with it cruising in intelligent mode.

Nice choice. 6 months to go on my 2.5i and Im gonna try and find a low mileage 3.0r

Archived