LegacyGT.com

My Black 2.5GT

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[url=http://www.subaru-sia.com/]Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc.[/url] Production capacity is about 262,000 units while Subaru car production has been in the range of around 100,000 units per year the last several years give/take 5k units. The production capacity was due to previous owning jointly with Isuzu who is already has or is very soon to end production which is the reason the name has changed from Subaru-Isuzu Indiana. You don't have to believe me if you don't want to, just do more research. I hope I see my GT in production when I go down there in a couple weeks for the plant tour. :P

[quote name='SUBE555'][url=http://www.subaru-sia.com/]Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc.[/url] Production capacity is about 262,000 units while Subaru car production has been in the range of around 100,000 units per year the last several years give/take 5k units. The production capacity was due to previous owning jointly with Isuzu who is already has or is very soon to end production which is the reason the name has changed from Subaru-Isuzu Indiana. You don't have to believe me if you don't want to, just do more research. I hope I see my GT in production when I go down there in a couple weeks for the plant tour. :P[/quote] SUBE555, don't get me wrong..I am not saying that I don't belive you, I am saying I am haveing a hard time... I just want to know for sure so I can cut through the B.S that the dealer is giveing me and actualy find out the truth..

Sube555.... Wow...you were right. I am glad you posted this. Thanks and I will share the knowledge. I also own a Mazda RX8 and I post on the RX8 forum. I will post this information on the thread that I have been writting on this. My name there is 9-K Rever. [url]http://www.subaru-sia.com/news/release/20040227.pdf[/url] [url]http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28771[/url]

Where it was built? Or why the dealer is BSing me? I did not know that the USDM Legacy was built here in the US..and it was suprising to me that it is. The dealer also told me they did not know where mine was located and I didn't like the fact they were BSing me.

Dealers don't know jack for the most part. Learn that early on, learn the facts for yourself and you should be good to go. Despite a few good dealers out there, you have to be suspect of the info from all. It's great when salesman tell you well I don't have to tell you about this since you already know more than us. :lol: Gotten that a few times.

Yes, you are very very right. I had that realization in the ride home from work a few minuites ago.. I am very worried about the US manufacturing quality.

But, it did state on the website the factory was upgraded for the Legacy and the car is mainly buit by machines. To tell you the truth the reason I first fell in love with Subaru was when I toured the Gunma plant in 98. It was so clean you could eat off the floor. Humans had minimal contact with the actual car.. But then again..my 2001 Legacy was built in Indiana and yes...it did have minor flaws.. Hmmm... I am starting to feel a bit worried.

Here is a pic of my RX8 and 2001 Legacy.

583777937_DSC00557(Medium).JPG.621f8a9f6ec5ce7f3068324a14bef333.JPG

I forget where I saw it, but there was a study (JD Powers perhaps?) on vehicle quality and on it, the US-made Legacys scored higher than the Japanese-built Impreza and Forester. Anyone else see that report? I think it might have been over at NASIOC. Ken

I remember seeing that report also Ken. I did a little searching on Nabisco but couldn't find anything mentioning it. I know a bunch of people input their experiences and it seemed like SIA had a better quality program. It was mentioned in a letter by FHI sometime last year or this that improving build quality for both initial and long term of the car is an area they are really keying in on. I think that hits right along with that 'premium' note we keep hearing.

No word on a recall when I picked up my new GT today. Hmmm, hope I don't get a phone call tomorrow telling me I need to bring it back. :evil: Guess I'd better go drive it some more tonight! :lol: -Ian

[quote name='rltrock']which dealer is telling you this about the recall??[/quote] [url]http://www.richmond.subaru.com/en_US/[/url] Subaru of Richmond. I realy think they are BSing me. They told me the car would be on the lot last week, and all of a sudden they have a nice convienent excuse for why its not here. But on the flip side my RX8 was recalled for the passenger side airbag wireing harness and the dynamic dampener on the the tranny.... So its not unbeliveable.

[quote name='goneskiian']No word on a recall when I picked up my new GT today. Hmmm, hope I don't get a phone call tomorrow telling me I need to bring it back. :evil: Guess I'd better go drive it some more tonight! :lol: -Ian[/quote] AWSOME!!! Do you have pics?? How do you like it?

Sounds like you might want to check another Subaru dealership. Throw a search in [url=www.nasioc.com/forums]NASIOC[/url] in your region or ask around, thats the best resource to find out how people's dealings have been with a particular dealership.

[quote name='B4_Maniac'] I just got a huge bit of bad news from the dealer. He told me there is a stop sell on all 2005 Legacy's and a recall for all the ones on dealer lots. They said the airbags are being re-done at port. He told me that the one I have on order will be in on June 14th..wich is not bad..but I am still getting the feeling I am being BSed by my dealer. I don't want this to ruin my experience because my patience is wearing thin..I have to say.. I can easily get something else with the money. Now..do I realy want the Legacy..YES...can I wait till the 14th...YES...but do I liked being BSED...NO.[/quote] Looks like they were not BSing you on the airbag recall. See the other thread on the recall.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']B4_Maniac is weary of the USA manufacturing quality. That is probably what is bugging him. I'm sure they'll be just as good.[/quote] I don't think American mfg is inherently inferior, anymore, but with this recall already it makes me nervous. Better early rather then later though... -Allen

Well B4_Maniac, They're not BS'ing you about the recall. [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=931[/url] They are BS'ing about the manufacturing of NA Legacy models in Japan as you've already found out. The SIA plant has been pumping Legacies out since September 11, 1989. One of the things I love about my 93 turbo Legacy is the fact that it's FHI built. It really does have less problems per year than the SIA models.

[quote name='turboliberty']Well B4_Maniac, They're not BS'ing you about the recall. [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=931[/url] They are BS'ing about the manufacturing of NA Legacy models in Japan as you've already found out. The SIA plant has been pumping Legacies out since September 11, 1989. One of the things I love about my 93 turbo Legacy is the fact that it's FHI built. It really does have less problems per year than the SIA models.[/quote] Ah ha! Thanks Turbo... I am glad you brought this to our attention. Drift Monkey.. does it seem like I was pouting for no reason now?? I have faith in Subaru thats why I am going through with my purchase. I know FHI will produce a quality product, and they wouldn't allow Indiana to make the car if they couldn't do it well.. But, would I rather have the car built by experienced Japanese FHI employees... HELL YES...

Well sounds like they weren't BSing, but I'm always sort of suspect of dealerships, especially after dealing with some and trying to get the RIGHT info out of then, not just what they think you want to hear or don't want to hear.

[quote name='B4_Maniac']Ah ha! Thanks Turbo... I am glad you brought this to our attention. Drift Monkey.. does it seem like I was pouting for no reason now?? I have faith in Subaru thats why I am going through with my purchase. I know FHI will produce a quality product, and they wouldn't allow Indiana to make the car if they couldn't do it well.. But, would I rather have the car built by experienced Japanese FHI employees... HELL YES...[/quote] Yes, yes it does. One recall and you question place of orgin! At least it's not made in Mexico like VWs! Pout on! :P

Archived