LegacyGT.com

My Black 2.5GT

Hey all, first post..thought I should share my experience. Last week I went to my local Subaru dealer and orderd a 2.5gt. I had a 2001 2.5GT and am finaly getting the turbo Legacy I always wanted.. Buut as we all know this has not gone according to plan. The sales rep promised me the Legacy would be here last week... guess what..its not here.. The one I orderd and put 2k down to hold was a Black on Black 5MT that some one bailed on. (their loss my gain), I went in today to finalize the accesories that I wanted. STI Short Shifter...Auto dimming mirror..and Potenza RE750 tires.. There is no way in hell I will keep the RE92s it. They were like cool..we can handle that for you.. But, they still don't know when it will be in. They know the trim, price, and Vin number..but they don't know where it is.. Come on Subaru??? WTF.. B4_Maniac

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='PPower']Yes, interesting about the tire swap. Tell us more.[/quote] Its good to be on the forum. I had the RE92's on my first Legacy and I swore I would never drive a vehical with those tires on it again. The dealer was cool with the tires, I will have to purchuse the tires though but they will mount and ballance them for me for free at DPI. The dealer gave me two options for that. I could either buy them from the dealer but they would mark them up $50 per tire, or I could order them myslef from tire rack or some where and they would mount and balance them for me at DPI. The are not charging me to install the STI short shifter either. But, they said they don't have it in stock right now. But I will purchase it when the car comes in and if they don't have it buy then they will install it when they get it.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']Intresting. Didn't know they'd do that for you! Oh well, I'll just burn my RE92s away with SUBE.[/quote] Yup, they are being cool about that...still don't know when I will get it though... :(

Orders going in now should be for August delivery if it fits your budget. There are a number of us on here sitting on orders for mid-July (which can't come friggin soon enough!) Whenever you get yours I'm sure you'll appreciate it big time! I know I sure will be. :mrgreen:

[quote name='SUBE555']Orders going in now should be for August delivery if it fits your budget. There are a number of us on here sitting on orders for mid-July (which can't come friggin soon enough!) Whenever you get yours I'm sure you'll appreciate it big time! I know I sure will be. :mrgreen:[/quote] I just got a huge bit of bad news from the dealer. He told me there is a stop sell on all 2005 Legacy's and a recall for all the ones on dealer lots. They said the airbags are being re-done at port. He told me that the one I have on order will be in on June 14th..wich is not bad..but I am still getting the feeling I am being BSed by my dealer. I don't want this to ruin my experience because my patience is wearing thin..I have to say.. I can easily get something else with the money. Now..do I realy want the Legacy..YES...can I wait till the 14th...YES...but do I liked being BSED...NO.

[quote name='B4_Maniac'][quote name='SUBE555']Orders going in now should be for August delivery if it fits your budget. There are a number of us on here sitting on orders for mid-July (which can't come friggin soon enough!) Whenever you get yours I'm sure you'll appreciate it big time! I know I sure will be. :mrgreen:[/quote] I just got a huge bit of bad news from the dealer. He told me there is a stop sell on all 2005 Legacy's and a recall for all the ones on dealer lots. They said the airbags are being re-done at port. He told me that the one I have on order will be in on June 14th..wich is not bad..but I am still getting the feeling I am being BSed by my dealer. I don't want this to ruin my experience because my patience is wearing thin..I have to say.. I can easily get something else with the money. Now..do I realy want the Legacy..YES...can I wait till the 14th...YES...but do I liked being BSED...NO.[/quote] [img]http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/images/smilies/bsflagsmileyface.gif[/img] I'd be very surprised since the Japan Legacys have airbags, right?

Perhaps there is some sort of distribution center/s between the factory and the various parts of the country and that's what they mean by "at port". I have no idea.

[quote name='Th3Franz'] They are, but I mean that the Legacys in Japan have not been reported to have any airbag problems.[/quote] More n00bs at the manufacturing plants? On a side note, Gumby has changed his avatar making my post no longer a one-liner.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']I thought the USDM Legacys were built in the USofA?[/quote] All Subaru turbo modles are built in Japan. There is only the Indiana plant here in US and they make the NA Legacy, Forester and Outback.. I have been to the Japanese plant in Gunma..awsome experience. But, I do feel that the storey they gave me is pure B.S.

Sorry B4Maniac, that's not the case. ALL Forester and Impreza models (both based on same chassis) are built in Gunma, Japan. ALL Legacy, Outback, and Baja models (including turbo models) are built in the SIA facility in Lafayette, Indiana which I will be touring in a few weeks.

I did just clarify it. It's a fact. We don't ship any Legacy, OB, or Baja models in. Only All Forester and Impreza models. I will once again confirm that in 2 weekends when I hit up the tour. IIRC, they are or will soon be building EZ30's at the SIA plant and may be building the EJ255's for the Legs, OBs, and Baja Turbos but I can't confirm the latter until I see it in person.

For some reason that does not sound right to me. I am almost positive the 05 GT is built in Japan. Is there any links you can send me so I can read and find out. If they are, I didn't think the Indiana plant was equipped to handle the production of the Legacy Turbo but then again..all the 2.5 liter engines were done here in the us..the don't have a JDM 2.5 liter..hmmm...(have I learned something today) Plus in Gunma I only saw the Forester and Imprezza... So, why did the dealer say they were shipping from Japan. Any insight?? I need to know!!! I am sorry Subbe555 I am haveing the hardest time beliveing that the 05 model is made in the U.S.

Archived