LegacyGT.com

My Black 2.5GT

[quote name='Drift Monkey']Yes, yes it does. One recall and you question place of orgin! At least it's not made in Mexico like VWs! Pout on! :P[/quote] VW's Mexico facility is state of the art.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got a call from the dealer..they swear my car will be here on the 14th. But, my sales person will be going on vacation (conviently) on the 12th...so he won't be around to hear me complain if its not. But if its not..I am going to leverage that to get a steep discount of the 05 STI on the lot. I am talking BELOW dealer invoice.

I am suprised its still there...Actuluy to tell you the truth I don't know why no one has bought the 05 STI that is there.. It is blue with gold wheels..mabey nobody wants rally blue...can you belive that?? What do you drive now Drift Monkey??

Okay, went to the dealer to droool over their one 05GT... My sales man came out and told me the car was still in indiana and they are pushing to get it here buy Monday. I am now even more skeptical it will be here by that date..the amount of uncertainty is realy rediculas..

I called my local dealer to see if I could get a VIN number for an insurance quote, and was told that the GTs will not arrive for about another 1-2 weeks. I asked the salesman if this was related to the airbag recall, and was told that it did not apply to the GT model. This may be another case of dealer BS!

[quote name='subey25rs777']I called my local dealer to see if I could get a VIN number for an insurance quote, and was told that the GTs will not arrive for about another 1-2 weeks. I asked the salesman if this was related to the airbag recall, and was told that it did not apply to the GT model. This may be another case of dealer BS![/quote] Don't you love dealer BS.. :twisted:

[quote name='B4_Maniac']I am suprised its still there...Actuluy to tell you the truth I don't know why no one has bought the 05 STI that is there.. It is blue with gold wheels..mabey nobody wants rally blue...can you belive that?? What do you drive now Drift Monkey??[/quote] A WRX, about a month ago. A sad turn of events left me driving my beater for now, the same car I learned to drive on, Honda Accord LXi! :P

The recall is for sedans only, so if it's a GT sedan the recall affects it. For the most part they've been speeding up this process to get the almost 1800 vehicles taken care of. There are only about 140 sold vehicles that had to come back to the dealers, all the others are held up on dealer lots due to the stop sale order. As for the issue with the bags it's not an installation or manufacturing problem. The bags are manufactured by the Honda Corp and assembled at the plant in Mexico. They get shipped and installed at SIA. The NHTSA has given their seal of approval on the air bags, meaning they exceed current safety standards. However, FHI has set their own standards on how quick the bag should deploy. After several sacrificial crash test they confirmed that the air bags had been folded into their housings improperly and quickly issued the stop sale.

[quote name='turboliberty']The recall is for sedans only, so if it's a GT sedan the recall affects it. For the most part they've been speeding up this process to get the almost 1800 vehicles taken care of. There are only about 140 sold vehicles that had to come back to the dealers, all the others are held up on dealer lots due to the stop sale order. As for the issue with the bags it's not an installation or manufacturing problem. The bags are manufactured by the Honda Corp and assembled at the plant in Mexico. They get shipped and installed at SIA. The NHTSA has given their seal of approval on the air bags, meaning they exceed current safety standards. However, FHI has set their own standards on how quick the bag should deploy. After several sacrificial crash test they confirmed that the air bags had been folded into their housings improperly and quickly issued the stop sale.[/quote] The dealer did tell me that the cars were being fixed on the lot,and they sent techs to dealers to assist in the proper installation. But, with me they have given me three diffrent dates when the car will be here. So now they are trying to convince me it will be here next week. They said they called down to indiana to see if they can get the car here any faster...but I don't belive the did that. They just don't want to lose the fat down payment I placed on it to keep them on their toes. B4_Maniac

[quote name='turboliberty']The recall is for sedans only, so if it's a GT sedan the recall affects it. For the most part they've been speeding up this process to get the almost 1800 vehicles taken care of. There are only about 140 sold vehicles that had to come back to the dealers, all the others are held up on dealer lots due to the stop sale order. As for the issue with the bags it's not an installation or manufacturing problem. The bags are manufactured by the Honda Corp and assembled at the plant in Mexico. They get shipped and installed at SIA. The NHTSA has given their seal of approval on the air bags, meaning they exceed current safety standards. However, FHI has set their own standards on how quick the bag should deploy. After several sacrificial crash test they confirmed that the air bags had been folded into their housings improperly and quickly issued the stop sale.[/quote] This could possibly be the reason why the Wagons are being sold first before the sedans....and I thought it was a conspiricy to sell more wagons...or is it? :o

What is the the New Legacy XFILES???? Well, they dealer did tell me that the GTs would be the last to ship, but at that time, I just finished test driveing the automatic GT they had on the lot..WTF.. I have to call them today to make sure the car is on track to be here on monday. So I guess I will have some fresh BS at that time.

Unless you're in a bind, don't worry about it, when it comes it comes essentially. The more you worry and get torn up over it, more stressed you are going to get and likely longer it's going to take. Lay back and it may be here sooner than you think.

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='B4_Maniac']I am suprised its still there...Actuluy to tell you the truth I don't know why no one has bought the 05 STI that is there.. It is blue with gold wheels..mabey nobody wants rally blue...can you belive that?? What do you drive now Drift Monkey??[/quote] A WRX, about a month ago. A sad turn of events left me driving my beater for now, the same car I learned to drive on, Honda Accord LXi! :P[/quote] LXi is a damn fine car!!

[quote name='SUBE555']Unless you're in a bind, don't worry about it, when it comes it comes essentially. The more you worry and get torn up over it, more stressed you are going to get and likely longer it's going to take. Lay back and it may be here sooner than you think.[/quote] Okay Sube...you got me. I am in a bind. Thats why I have been a little anal about when this car will be here. I sold my RX8 already. I bought the car in August for 33,400, and I sold it almost two weeks ago for 31 with 14k miles on it. I couldn't pass up the deal. So, I am renting a car right now. I didn't expect to be renting for this long... and I am sick of the rental. More over I am sick of the A/T thats in the car. So, thats the truth...and thats why that car can't get here fast enough for me!

[quote name='brady_bunch'][quote name='B4_Maniac']I am renting a car right now. I didn't expect to be renting for this long... and I am sick of the rental. More over I am sick of the A/T thats in the car. [/quote] Yikes! Isn't that getting a bit expensive?[/quote] YES IT IS!!!!!!!!! :cry:

B4 I'm sure you made a good decision. I was looking at the RX8 as well, especially since I can get the S-Plan. I think it's gorgeous from behind, but the more I look at it, the uglier the front looks to me. Definately an older man's car that's not even practical but tries to be. $300 for a spare tire?! that's a deal breaker right there

To tell you the truth, I have been haveing RX8 withdrawl. There is nothing like a car that you can rev the engine straight to 9500rpm. My RX8 was one of the early vins with the recall. It had a navigation system, tire presure monotoring system, DCS, and zenon headlights... It was a great car. But, it is very expensive to maintain. Gas, oil, and just general maintaince. But, thats a sports car. Even with its faults I have no ill words for RX8s. There wonderfull cars. I will definatly buy another one when they work out all the quirks. But, I can't pass up the oppurtunity to own a turbo Legacy, from these pictures you can see I have much love for the Legacy. I am doing my duty as a true Legacy fan by supporting 2005 GT.

894826464_BrickRX8(Medium).JPG.5ba73469902cc44fcff9f23772fbe738.JPG

46025349_R8Legacy(Small).JPG.59cf2a8e113d84f89571e642c264a1ce.JPG

[quote name='SUBE555']Nice pics. :) Especially that old industrial one.[/quote] Belive it our not, thats behind my apartment in the loading dock. I live in a renovated tobbaco warehouse here in downtown Richmond. I have a whole slew of pics there. I will do the same thing with the Legacy.

Archived