LegacyGT.com

Autoblog Review of 2010 legacy range

sdvictor

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you all haven't realized yet, the MORE cars a manufacturer sells, the MORE money they make, MORE money is then invested into R&D, which calculates into having MORE money to produce MORE special models. Thanks!!!

That's right, Toyota has full array of MORE special models, given how much money they made on Camry and other mobile appliances.

What a logic. :rolleyes:

You guys are funny! Maybe it wont run in the 10's but I bet once aftermarket parts start coming out the handling will shit on the present model. Btw unclemat, Toyota reserves their special models for their Lexus brand, hence the IS-F and all the new upcoming performance models. If they hadn't sold so many corollas and camrys they would of never been able to create a luxury brand like Lexus. The same goes for honda with acura and nissan with infiniti.

You guys are funny! Maybe it wont run in the 10's but I bet once aftermarket parts start coming out the handling will shit on the present model. Btw unclemat, Toyota reserves their special models for their Lexus brand, hence the IS-F and all the new upcoming performance models. If they hadn't sold so many corollas and camrys they would of never been able to create a luxury brand like Lexus. The same goes for honda with acura and nissan with infiniti.

You're funny about the handling. Between the increased wheel base and size the car is not going to handle better than BP/BL. Simple physics. Also the rear Tribeca "wishbone" rear suspension is not appreciably better in camber curve department than BP/BL's suspension, in fact it's even more travel challenged. Having front control arm mounted to a craddle connected to the chassis via bushings won't help with suspension and steering feel either.

You need to realize that the design goals of the new car was quiet and smooth ride of a mobile appliance, not sharp handling.

Do you mean the LF-1 that was cancelled, like the new Acura NSX? Watch for the GTR V-spec to dissolve, too.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Do you mean the LF-1 that was cancelled, like the new Acura NSX? Watch for the GTR V-spec to dissolve, too.

...ummm last I heard the LF-A project was back on as is the GS-F project. Not sure what Nissan has in the pipeline though as the GT-R based sedan project was canceled.

I don't think I've ever heard of one case of CVT failure, be it: Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, or Ford.

Was shopping a Nissan Murano a couple of years ago. The first gens had a 1 in 10 failure rate

Was shopping a Nissan Murano a couple of years ago. The first gens had a 1 in 10 failure rate

The Murano is not a good car.

AT - AUTOMATIC TRAN./TRANSAXLE

SB 1988 & Later Nissan Vehicles; Automatic Transmission Oil Cooler Cleaning

SB 2003 Murano; Special Transmission Fluid Requirement

SB 2003 Murano; Clicking Noise from A/T Shift Control When Shifting

CP 2003 Murano; Shift Position Indicator Recall Campaign

SB 2003 - 2004 Murano; MIL ON with DTC P0710 CVT Fluid Temperature Sensor Ci

SB 2003 Murano; DTC P0725 / P1722 Engine Speed Signal / ESTM Vehicle Speed S

SB 2005 Murano; No Movement in "D" or "R" and DTCs P0746/P0720 Stored

SB 2003-2004 Murano; Lack Of Power On Take Off With DTC P0868 Stored In The

BF - BODY & FRAME

SB Removal Of Paint Guard Film Adhesive Residue

BR - BRAKE SYSTEM

SB Nissan; Brake Noise/Judder/Pedal Feel Diagnosis And Repair

SB 2003-2004 Murano; Rattle From Rear When Going Over Bumps

SB 2003-2004 Murano; Reduction Of Front Brake Noise When Braking In Reverse,

SB 2003 - 2004 Murano; Brake Judder From Front Brakes

SB Nissan; On-Car Brake Rotor Resurfacing

BT - BODY & TRIM

SB NISSAN; Removal Of Envir. Iron Particle from Paint and Spray -On Bedliner

SB Nissan; 2003 Model Refinish Paint Codes

SB 2003 Murano; Rear Cup Holder Arm Broken

SB 2003 Murano; Center Console Lid Hard to Close

SB 2003 Murano; Driver's Side Left Foot Plastic Protector Falls Off

SB 2003 - 2005 Murano; Sunvisor Support Clip Loose and/or Rattles

SB 2003-2004 Murano; Noise From Door Window Area

SB 2003 Murano; Pop or Tick Noise From Front Door Window Glass

SB 2003-04 Murano; Ticking Noise From Front Door Panels.

SB 2003-2004 Murano; License Plate Insert Nuts Spin Or Are Loose

SB Nissan; Window Regulator / Motor Service

SB All Season Rubber Winter Floor Mat Installation

SB 2003-2005 Murano; Drivers Seat Noise and /or Rocks Back and Forth

SB 03-06 Murano; Coin Holder Lid & Cell Phone Holder Lid Won't Open/Close Pr

SB 2004-2005 Murano; Front Door Finisher Door Pocket Loose, Won't Open/Close

SB 2003-2004 Murano; Front Door Is Locked Inadvertently -Upon Exiting Vehicl

SB 2003-2005 Murano; Cup Holder Lid-Imporper Operation

SB 2003 - 2004 Murano; Driver Seat Lumbar Support No or Improper Operation

SB 2003-2005 Murano; Console Box Lid-Spring (Creak) Noise

SB 2003 - 2005 Murano; Outside Mirror Inoperative

EC - ENGINE CONTROL SYSTEM

SB ECM Reprogramming for Nissan Vehicles

SB Nissan; ECM Replacement Procedures

SB 2003 350Z & Murano; Engine Won't Start, Key Fob Inop. After BCM Replaceme

SB MIL 'ON' DTC P0442 ( EVAP Small Leak) and/or DTC P0456 (EVAP Very Small

SB 2003 Murano With AWD; Dynamometer Testing

CP Nissan; Engine Sensors Recall Campaign

SB 2004 Murano; MIL ON with DTC P1031, P1051, P1148, P1168 A/F Sensor Heater

SB 'Nissan'; Must Clear Self Learning After Repairing DTC P01273/P1274/P1283

SB Nissan; Procedure to Complete IAVL When Idle Speed Needs to be Reduced

SB Nissan; Airflow Meter Service

SB 2003-2004 Murano; Hard Start/Idle Spd is Low After Battery Disconnection

SB MIL "ON" With DTC U1000 or U1010 Stored in the Engine Control Unit

EL - ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

SB 2003-2004 350Z & Murano; Low Tire Pressure Monitor System

SB Murano & 350z; Engine Will Not Start, NVIS/NATS System Discription / Key

SB Nissan; Windshield Wiper Protective Shipping Covers

SB Nissan; Tire Pressure Monitor System Warning Light Flashes or Stays 'ON'

SB 2003 Murano; Interior Lights(Map, Doors, Dome) Don't Operate

SB Nissan; Engine Won't Start, NATS System Description / Key Registration

SB '03 Murano; All Doors Lock/Unlock and/or Front Windows Roll Down Intermit

SB Nissan Navigation System Map DVD Application Chart

SB Nissan; Navigation System Stuck On 'Please Wait' Screen

SB 2003 Murano; Poor AM / FM Radio Reception

SB Nissan; Headlamp Fogging

SB 2003-04 Murano; Sunroof Inoperative

SB 2003-2004 Murano; No Sound From Audio System and CD Won't Load or Eject

SB Nissan; Remote Keyless Entry Replacement Parts

SB Nissan; Navigation System is Inoperative

SB Nissan; Engine Will Not Crank With Outside Temperature Below 10 Degrees F

SB Nissan; Accessory Installed Satellite Radio Diagnostic Information

SB 2003-2005 Murano; Revised Alternator Removal and Installation Procedure

SB 2005 Murano; Intelligent Key, NATS Key, and Steering Lock Unit Registrati

CP 2003-05 Murano; Alternator Recall Campaign

SB Nissan; Factory Installed Auto Dimming Mirror and Compass Service Informa

SB Nissan; Navigaton System DVD Map Disc Information

SB 2003-2006 Murano; Switches Pushed Into Center Console Finisher Or Instrum

SB Nissan; Starting/Charging System Tester

SB Battery Testing: Nissan Original Equip. & Genuine Nissan Replacement

SB Nissan; Integrated HomeLink Transmitter

EM - ENGINE MECHANICAL

SB Nissan; Caution During Engine or Transmission Replacement

SB Nissan; Radiator Cap Inspection During Coolant System Service

SB VQ30 and VQ35; Engine OiI Cooler Gasket Available

FE - ACCEL.CONTRL, FUEL & EXHAUST SYS.

CP Voluntary Recall Campaign Fuel Tank Protectors

CP 2005 Murano; Fuel Tank Replacement Voluntary Recall Campaign

GI - GENERAL INFORMATION

SB 2003 Murano; New Vehicle Information / Service Hints

SB Nissan; Customer Diagnostic Worksheet Now Available

SB Flat Towing of Nissan Vehicles

HA - HEATER & AIR CONDITIONER

SB 2003-2005 Murano; Charcoal Filter Available

PI - PRODUCT INFORMATION

SB Nissan; Cold Weather Starting Tips

RA - REAR AXLE & SUSPENSION

SB 2003 Murano; Metallic Knock/Clunk Noise Over Bumps

RS - RESTRAINT SYSTEM

SB All Nissan Vehicles; "D" Ring Residue Can Cause Slow Seat Belt Retraction

SB 03 Murano; Air Bag Light ON W/DTC Stored LH And/Or RH Curtain Module VB O

CP 2003-05 Murano; Second-Row Seat Belt Cover Voluntary Recall Campaign

SB Nissan; Front Seat Belt Latch Plate Retaining Button Missing

ST - STEERING SYSTEM

SB 2003-2004 Murano; Steering Noise and/or Steering Wheel Alignment Changes

TE - TOOL & EQUIPMENT

SB Nissan; CONSULT-II NATS Software Update #4 (AEN04A-1)

SB Nissan; CONSULT-II Repair Procedures

SB Essential Tool: Fuel Pressure Gauge Kit J-44321

SB Nissan; Essential Tool; CONSULT-II Converter and Cable Set J-44200-CC

SB Essential Tool: Tire Pressure Monitor System Initialization

SB Nissan: Essential Tool; J-45741 ABS Active Wheel Sensor Checker

SB 2003-04 Murano; Essential Tool: J-46211 Fuel Tank Lock Ring Wrench

SB 2003 Murano; J-46213 Rear Cover Wrench

SB 2003-2004 Murano; Essential Tool: J-46528 Drive Plate Location Guide

SB Nissan; CONSULT-II Diagnostic Software Update #17 (UED05C)

SB Nissan; Essential Tool: J-46534 Plastic Trim Tool Set

SB Nissan; Essen Tool: Flame-Less Heat Gun J-46538/Solder Connectors J-47003

SB Nissan; Essential Tool: Engine Coolant Refractometer J-23688

SB Nissan; CONSULT-II ECU Reprogramming Software Update #6 (AER05A)

SB 2003-04 Murano; Essential Tool: J-47005 Seal Installer

SB Nissan; Essential Tool Brake And Clutch Pedal Height Measurement Tool

SB Nissan; Essential Tool: J-44626 Air Fuel Sensor Socket

SB Nissan; Essential Tool: J-47128 VQ Engine Rear Main Seal Installer

SB Nissan; Essential Tool: J-47242 Engine Support Table

SB Nissan; Essential Tool: J-37228 Seal Cutter

SB Nissan; CONSULT-II Converter Upgrade Kit Installation Instructions

SB Nissan; CONSULT-II CONVERTER Software Update (Version 17)

SB 2003-05 Murano; Essential Tool: J-47244 L/H CVT Seal Installer

TF - TRANSFER CASE

SB 2003-2004 Murano; AWD Transfer Case Noise with Damaged Gears and/or Crack

WT - WHEEL & TIRE

SB Nissan; Tire Rotation And Diagnosis Of The Low Tire Pressure Warning Syst

SB Nissan; Vehicle Wheel Alignment

SB Nissan; Low Tire Pressure Warning System (LTPWS) Technical Information

SB Nissan; Information on Paint Stains Caused by Tire Dressing

A search of CVT durability yielded results of poor longevity of Saturn Vues (4 cylinder) and some FWD Audis. I'll stick to the 6MT myself, but Subaru Justy's are still on the road today. I trust Subaru more so than GM. And thera are an awful lot of Altimas, Maximas, etc. on the road with CVTs.

A search of Prius CVT problems produced nothing, but the 1.5L engine isnt producing heaps of power.

You need to realize that the design goals of the new car was quiet and smooth ride of a mobile appliance, not sharp handling.

I suspect that the new suspension is also cheaper to make then the multilink setup.

I suspect that the new suspension is also cheaper to make then the multilink setup.

I don't know, the "wishbone" is very similar to the multilink setup in fact. I think it's a wash regarding complexity and performance.

I don't know, the "wishbone" is very similar to the multilink setup in fact. I think it's a wash regarding complexity and performance.

I was referring to the fact that the suspension is now shared with another model. No need for one off parts on the new Legacy.

I've never driven a Subaru that didn't handle impeccably, given that I have never driven an SVX or Tribeca. They'd really have to cut costs to make a suspension that sucks.

You haven't driven many :lol: And probably you don't know that much about car's handling :lol:

I was referring to the fact that the suspension is now shared with another model. No need for one off parts on the new Legacy.

Yep, I guess.

I've never driven a Subaru that didn't handle impeccably, given that I have never driven an SVX or Tribeca. They'd really have to cut costs to make a suspension that sucks.

My newly purchased, 17 year old SVX handles pretty well. It is riding on balloon OE-sized tires, compared to my Legacy's 18x8s with 225-45 rubber.

And the SVX is much better damped than my Legacy GT, which is just getting plain HARSH in the ride department as the dampers wear out, yet the SVX doesn't appreciably roll more, even though it is technically a hundred to two hundred more pounds than the Legacy GT, and a longer, lower, and wider car.

The 16 inch 50-series tires, and the automatic gearbox help make the SVX seem like a more sedate touring car, but the handling is not lacking, and the speed-sensitive, variable assist steering might actually be as good or better.

With some 17" 45 series rubber, and Koni/Ground Control coil-over strut insert replacements, the SVX, despite it's weight, would be a great road car. With a manual gearbox swap, and some tuning to free up the exhaust and intake... it would be utterly fantastic. And there are those SVXs in existence, due to the small but dedicated aftermarket.

If by some miracle, Subaru would have built the BL chassis Legacy versions, (GT, 3.0R at least), or a completely re-bodied GR Impreza chassis. It would naturally have SVX's lower, sleeker roofline, including the flush-fit aerodynamic glass, and window-in-a-window. That is the ONLY way that I would like window frames, rather than frameless glass.

Basically putting SVX's roof from the door sills up, onto a BL/GR modern Subaru chassis, with two doors, and a fastback hatch, with STI grade mechanicals underneath, it might actually be close to a practically perfect sporty Subaru, and a more viable, less prohibitively mechanically unique (read: expensive, $$$$$) under the skin, but still honest-to-SVX successor.

If only they had kept up the development on the EG engine line... an EG36 that shares dimensions and AVCS and such with EJ25 turbo, even if tuned for natural aspiration...EZ36 is close, as long as you don't talk about force feeding it. EZ is shorter in length, but not nearly as robust a block as EG was.

...ummm last I heard the LF-A project was back on as is the GS-F project. Not sure what Nissan has in the pipeline though as the GT-R based sedan project was canceled.

Latest stuff I've seen has shown the LF series and GS-F were still on as concept projects, but had been shifted to the back burner w.r.t. production. Maybe you've seen something more recent.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

You're funny about the handling. Between the increased wheel base and size the car is not going to handle better than BP/BL. Simple physics. Also the rear Tribeca "wishbone" rear suspension is not appreciably better in camber curve department than BP/BL's suspension, in fact it's even more travel challenged. Having front control arm mounted to a craddle connected to the chassis via bushings won't help with suspension and steering feel either.

I've heard from people that have actually driven the car that it handles noticeably better than the BL. You need to realize any of your unfounded "simple physics" preschool retarded notions don't mean diddly unless you've driven the car.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heights, there are plenty who have complained about backseat room.

As far as "cutting edge," the only manufacturers that can afford to be so are the luxury brands that make or own small car companies to make the money to spend on R&D. Do you think Nissan makes money on the GTR??? They actually lose money on every model as it costs more to produce, but it's all those little sentras and altimas that didn't have any "cutting edge" that allowed them to do that.

In regards to the Mazdas, Subaru tends to put their money elsewhere. Like AWD and safety. When was the last time you saw a Mazda topping the charts in an accident?

I also agree with you in Subaru being smaller than the big 3. How do you think they got there? Producing little reliable cars that allowed them to expand.

It was a mistake not to bring the earlier Impreza Turbo to the States. Probably their biggest mistake ever. That's the car that won in the WRC and put Subaru on the map. It also won CAR OF THE DECADE in 3 continents. I believe because of this error it set Subaru way back from the big 3.

Think about if Subaru had brought the 22B here while the big 3 had unleashed their supercars. It would have made a huge impact, especially with the AWD. But instead, the world first noticed Subaru in a video game. And still, many refer to it as the blue rally car. Its sad!

Bull.

SVX was plenty advanced for it's day, even if it wasn't as focused on outright performance as 300ZX, RX7, and Supra were. Unfortunately, it didn't catch on, but with further refinement it could have, and perhaps a slight bit more platform sharing to make it affordable to manufacture... and some actual marketing exposure.

2005-2009 Legacy GT was close. It could have done with a few ancillaries that would be CHEAP to implement. Auto headlights, self-leveling, steering HIDs, memory seats on more models... LED lighting. If Spec B had gotten 290hp, some of those items, and Brembos, maybe a DCCD switch, and choice of paint colors before 2009, it would have been much more worth it's asking price.

Adding those things, a moderate increase in length, modest increase in width, no increase in height or visual bulk, and maintaining BL Legacy's sleek profile, and the '10 Legacy would have gotten a much different response, from me, and likely from other enthusiasts on this board. The fans of the current '10 would probably still like that, and the people who liked BL Legacy would probably be able to maintain their enthusiasm.

Instead we get bulky, ugly, and de-contented, in a much bigger and taller package.

It is Subaru's M-O. Take what they happened to do well, even if they did it by sheer blind luck, and first, forgetting to actually tell people about it via marketing... Then, when it isn't selling like hot-cakes, they chuck it out the window, either by cancellation, or by complete change of direction. They seem to have a hard time building on their core competencies in more than one iteration.

...people on here did not complain about the backseat size...

...the enthusiasts found here and at most car/model specific forums (this is not just a Subie thing) are generally not indicative of the majority of owners of any model. As such, to remain competitive (as the BL isn't a true mid-sized car) and to meet requests of those casual owners (which greatly out number the ever vocal enthusiasts) the Legacy had to grow in size (specifically in rear seat room). As for the lack of comparable options...it's common practice across the industry and I'll agree that it's lamentable, but I'm not sure it's the huge deal some are making it out to be.

I always said the one thing my Legacy could use is a tad more legroom. However, I didn't want to see Subaru make the car so damn ugly in the process!

As for the decontenting, some of the things are just annoying, but there some are features I refuse to give up, like the folding mirrors. Folding mirrors, besides being useful, are one of those details I look for to differentiate between cheap rental grade cars and more upscale cars, along with things like rear seat head restraints. One thing I always notice about American cars is that they tend to have cheap mirrors, flat bench back seats with no separate head restraints, and things along those lines that I guess they figure most people don't notice.

I have a Toyota Yaris rental right now and the folding mirrors on this econobox enabled me to get down a narrow road that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise since there was a car double-parked

If you were in a true $30k+ car, you'd be able to flip a switch and your mirrors would fold in automatically. And like the true $30k+ car the 2010 GT is, you get to just drive and break your mirrors off :lol::lol:

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Archived