LegacyGT.com

Autoblog Review of 2010 legacy range

sdvictor

As has been stated before, only in this country where people have to have everything "supersized" would the Legacy be deemed small. While it's not a large car, the back seat is fine for most applications. Somehow the ROW markets have dealt with the interior volume for many years without a complaint

well like Subaru's own engineers said, they had to design the car for fat Americans

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As has been stated before, only in this country where people have to have everything "supersized" would the Legacy be deemed small. While it's not a large car, the back seat is fine for most applications. Somehow the ROW markets have dealt with the interior volume for many years without a complaint

...no, the Legacy is larger by comparison to cars in other countries where smaller cars are more prevalent and popular. As a mid-sized sedan the BL Legacy was still pretty small although generally functional. However, I would hardly describe the '10 as being supersized, as the only really odd dimension is the height. It's right in line dimension wise the B6 Passat and G37/Skyline sedan, both examples imo of cars popular w/the ROW but aren't what I would describe as small. Something interesting to see though would be how the '10 compares in size to the ROW Mazda 6.

ROW mazda 6 is .8" longer, 1" more narrow, and 2.6" less tall than the USDM Legacy.

ROW mazda 6 is .98" longer and .6" wider than ROW Legacy

USDM Mazda 6 is 7.3" longer, 0.7" wider, and 1.1" lower than the USDm Legacy.

The Legacy is the same size as the Passat and A4 that are sold abroad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Adding those things, a moderate increase in length, modest increase in width, no increase in height or visual bulk, and maintaining BL Legacy's sleek profile, and the '10 Legacy would have gotten a much different response, from me, and likely from other enthusiasts on this board. The fans of the current '10 would probably still like that, and the people who liked BL Legacy would probably be able to maintain their enthusiasm.

Instead we get bulky, ugly, and de-contented, in a much bigger and taller package.

Bingo!

IWSS... when are you starting your own car company? Your knowledge of how things should be in the automotive industry is beyond reproach. You seem to have all of the right answers eventhough you don't have the experience. I think Obama should have made you the new car czar.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am a political conservative, so I would never accept the un-constitutional position of Car Czar.

I am as old as, and likely have more general knowledge of automobiles than the 31 year old guy who is in charge of re-shaping GM and "re-writing" the rules of the economy as it applies to the auto industry, under the Obama administration.

The 31-Year-Old in Charge of Dismantling G.M. - NY Times

But I am not an elite liberal law-school guy. I am a 'regular joe' who happens to be an avid car enthusiast, with some common sense left intact.

I don't have the capital to start a car company of my own. I barely have enough after taxes to maintain my cars, and taxes and inflation are going up, and my real wages are going down. Even rich people like Preston Tucker have been drummed out, and John Delorean had troubles of his own trying to fund his car building enterprise, that landed him in jail. Government is seizing and regulating the industry piece by piece, anyway, which is making established companies vulnerable, let alone up-starts. Even Tesla is having fiscal trouble, and getting bail outs.

If an established company wants to hire me, and let me have somewhat carte blanche to actually work, I'll by all means take the job. But it seems like car companies want financial guys, and lawyers running businesses, rather than people who know and enjoy the subject matter of cars.

I am just trying to figure out why EVERY new thread about the 2010 legacy has to have the same folks coming in and rehashing the same things...

The bottom line is that this review for the 2010 is a good one. So far they all have been :hide:

:spin:

I have a Toyota Yaris rental right now and the folding mirrors on this econobox enabled me to get down a narrow road that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise since there was a car double-parked

Well, the 2010 Legacy's mirrors wouldn't have mattered. The legacy is 5" wider than the Yaris so you would have lost more than just the mirrors.

still makes sense... if the yaris barely made it with the mirrors folded... a legacy with the mirrors folded would have had multiple pinstripes along its flanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

quit instigating. I got his point, and I admitted I got his point. I was poking at him. Your face seems pretty childish.

:rolleyes:

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

i am just trying to figure out why every new thread about the 2010 legacy has to have the same folks coming in and rehashing the same things...

The bottom line is that this review for the 2010 is a good one. So far they all have been :hide:

+128938231371

amen brother amen!

Archived