LegacyGT.com

The Worst Car Money Can Buy

The middle east, hippies, and this leftist government basically outlawed all vehicles, except for impractical, overpriced , overweight, environmentally unfriendly hybrids. I f**king hate hybrids, it is the stupidest technology ever devised.

I hope people enjoy the stomach cancers caused by depleted/trashed hybrid batteries leaking out into our water supplies.

Guest heightsgtltd
The middle east, hippies, and this leftist government basically outlawed all vehicles, except for impractical, overpriced , overweight, environmentally unfriendly hybrids. I f**king hate hybrids, it is the stupidest technology ever devised.

I hope people enjoy the stomach cancers caused by depleted/trashed hybrid batteries leaking out into our water supplies.

Umm what are you talking about? :lol:

amazing how a 0 sum changeover from carbon producing oil to carbon producing power plants and expensive batteries can make some people think we're actually helping the environment. :lol:

I can see it now... in 2016.. "sir, your 2010 chevy sparks batteries are bad. I'm afraid its going to cost $60,000 to replace them." "but the car only cost $30k new!"

$30k for replacement batteries.. $30k for a hazmat team to come take them away and recycle them in some special facility.. all at our expense of course. all the while we could be driving on natural gas vehicles.

you know when gas got up there to crazy levels I 1st looked at electric, then realizing that was a HORRIBLE idea.. my attention turned to the civic GX.. you can actually install a refill device in your home.. and with natural gas running less than $1/therm right now.. its a good alternative.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

IMO, the Insight is fatally flawed because it is so much smaller than the Prius. 85 cubic feet of interior space for the Insight versus 96 for the Prius. A Honda Fit is roomier and more versatile than the Insight, less economical, but cheaper and available with a manual transmission.

I think the styling of the Insight looks like a cheap knock off versions of the 2nd generation Prius. The styling of the new 3rd generation Prius actually looks rather refined and well integrated.

I f**king hate hybrids, it is the stupidest technology ever devised.

it may not be the end all solution, but it's not bad technology let alone the stupidest ever :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

laserdisc was the stupidest technology ever.. even if it did have superior quality.. who wants to lug around 12" chrome records? :lol:
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

laserdisc was the stupidest technology ever.. even if it did have superior quality.. who wants to lug around 12" chrome records? :lol:

That was before mobility.

People weren't supposed to lug them around. Portable video wasn't really on the radar at that point.

It was meant to stay at home, like your vinyl records, and the bulk of your CD library.

Laser disc was basically a touchless optical analog record with enough bandwidth to play video, not just audio.

Video iPods were not even a gimmer in a futurist's eye at that point in the mid 80's when laserdisc was being developed.

Digital to analog conversion is what killed LaserDisc. the development of DVD that was digitally stored, rather than laserdisc's analog-optical format, killed laserdisc.

I can see it now... in 2016.. "sir, your 2010 chevy sparks batteries are bad. I'm afraid its going to cost $60,000 to replace them." "but the car only cost $30k new!"

$30k for replacement batteries.. $30k for a hazmat team to come take them away and recycle them in some special facility.. all at our expense of course. all the while we could be driving on natural gas vehicles.

$30k for replacement batteries. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Honda dropped the ball on the Insight. They were so obsessed with making an inexpensive hybrid that they forgot to do one thing: Make it have good gas mileage.

As opposed to the fluffy clouds and rainbows being emitted from our exhausts now? :confused:

amazing how a 0 sum changeover from carbon producing oil to carbon producing power plants and expensive batteries can make some people think we're actually helping the environment. :lol:

you know when gas got up there to crazy levels I 1st looked at electric, then realizing that was a HORRIBLE idea.. my attention turned to the civic GX.. you can actually install a refill device in your home.. and with natural gas running less than $1/therm right now.. its a good alternative.

There is a new chevy coming out??????:lol:

We know where they will dump the batteries. They will dump them in NH along with all the asbestos that has been dumped there for decades:mad:

Great post DF:lol::lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

government motors.. maybe as a different name but GM has not stopped planning to produce the spark and the volt. They'll just be 60% owned by the govt.. so they will be given out as part of welfare. :lol::hide:

Archived