LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i m not sure where you going with this but you dont need the radiator face you showing in the diagram , usdm and jdm share same body . what you need is bracket headlight and best to have the bumper reinforcement .

it will be cheaper you buy a nosecut in your country and repaint it . 99.9 %the paint will not match.

Is this the part you are referring to for both sides? I realize I would need that too, bolts included (circled in blue)?

Also could buy some of the crash beam parts shown in this pic if I don't want to trim I suppose.

Here's the link to megazip, they are pretty thorough when it comes to diagrams by chassis code too. The link is to the JDM 6 speed facelift models I believe:

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/subaru/legacy-2159/bl5f-6441/bl5-4ch-552535/front-bumper-7080514#

Still trying to avoid buying a whole nose cut just because I don't have the means to keep many large extra parts around to sell right now.

2096440738_frontbumper-edited.png.35587aa40ef7c1eb0c19fcd96d7fc3fd.png

^That's a really nice accent. I would've added it to mine when i was making repairs to the fiberglass. :spin:

Being FG, cutting&filling the plate mount will be super easy.

IIRC, the little gap at the lower forward corner of the front fenders is a difference bet. USDM and JDM.

Tints got done today, 5% sides, 15% rear, 35% front. Also Sport skirts and rear spats on the way from russia! Should have just got them before paint but whatever, I was still undecided at the time. Im pretty confident it will compliment the front end nicely, stock skirts are too bland and the rear just looks lack luster because of the front. Duckbill helps, but not enough. Looking to wrap the chrome trim in some sort of carbon look. And as much as I normally dont like all clear tail lights, I feel like this car could pull it off well. No one makes them so I would have to do something custom. Not sure though.9b445bc2e8ff9cb955ae9fcb30f841cf.jpg206540e520189eca17606a63f8d4d7c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
eBay link to a rare 3.0R front clip. I can include JDM wagon rear bumper + all 4 spats.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164551869770

Fujitsubo Exhaust

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=46526009#post46526009

Saw this on NASIOC this AM. Didn't realize you posted it here too. Sent you a PM for shipping. Let me know if this is still available.

eBay link to a rare 3.0R front clip. I can include JDM wagon rear bumper + all 4 spats.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164551869770

Fujitsubo Exhaust

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=46526009#post46526009

ebay link says you're parting out an swp wagon? is that you? or kalien32?

ebay link says you're parting out an swp wagon? is that you? or kalien32?

Nope, I was the one doing the 5x114 STI swap. I got a clean shell left but no brakes, driver train or related parts left. Just shell, exterior stuff and full interior.

Nope, I was the one doing the 5x114 STI swap. I got a clean shell left but no brakes, driver train or related parts left. Just shell, exterior stuff and full interior.

My heart! Was it a 5MT?

Regardless, I've seen your cars and can say that they all seem to be well taken care of.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 1 month later...

So, sorry for being repetitive, I just need a straight up answer, what else is needed to convert Rev D USDM BL front end (2008) to JDM Rev D?

My current understanding is:

JDM Bumper Cover

JDM Bumper Reinforcement (Crash Beam)

JDM Fenders (fit the slightly diff headlight profile for JDM)

JDM Headlights (with under supports pieces)

JDM Grille (fit the bumper profile)

I may be leaving out fog lights if there are some mounting differences there? Might be looking at aftermarket there anyway.

Aside from different headlight/fog light wiring I assume none of the underworking (brackets) around the radiator etc. which are typically sold with a front clip are actually different or necessary to convert?

Thanks

Edited by SpecDubC

What you listed here are definitely all the essentials. There is a plastic piece that goes between the bottom of the bumper and the radiator support piece though. I am not sure if the USDM one fits as my car was missing this piece. If you get a front clip though, then you should have everything you need. I think that's it really.

My heart! Was it a 5MT?

Regardless, I've seen your cars and can say that they all seem to be well taken care of.

Originally a 5MT SWP wagon, no sunroof. Originally owned by LGT forum member PhilT. I purchased it from him in 2017 with a 04 STI 6MT + brembos, avo 420 + avo fmic.

I refuse to send the shell to its demise. I'll hang onto it if I have to. I'll donate it to someone if they don't ruin it.

Sometimes I wonder if I haven't sold my front clip because I'm meant to finish this legacy build... I'm constructing a bakery and only parted out my car to help fund it. New owner has a 05 LGT sedan in GA and will be running my JDM dual AVCS U20 legacy heads that are ported with Kelford cams, upgraded springs, retainers, v10 ej207 built shortblock, arp625+ on e85 and a precision 6262. Redline 9000RPM. He's got 90% of my Legacy build in his car.

Pics of the motor build

https://imgur.com/a/XXo5biE

Fellas, I've been looking at swapping a clip but realized the OBXT "fender flares" won't line up w any of the available clips I've seen. Since the OBXT is mainly an American notion (to my understanding), I'm guessing my options are nil unless I want to fabricate onto said clip a continuation of that flare line?

Duh, Michael