LegacyGT.com

Bill Kolb JR. Subaru at it again. Subaru Elite? WTF?!?!

whitetiger

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Elite comes with free roadside assistance for 3 years 36,000 miles. Subaru will send help if you run out of gas, need a jump start, lock your keys in or need any assistance on the road. Camry doesn’t give free roadside assistance for the Camry.

so Camry is a brand of its own now? is this like how Jordan broke off from nike? Camry was making so much money and had such a loyal following they just decided to get greedy and make their own brand?

:lol::lol::lol: they're unbelievable. That's all from Subaru, nothign to do with their dealership
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• 2 weeks later...

I also bought my Legacy there.

Took off the ELITE and Bill Kold Badges off the next day.

I also had problems there when i bought my car about a year and a half ago.

They gave me the car with the back window chiped. Also with swearls all over the car which i didnt see because i was excited to drive away in my first car. So i called Bill kolb and told them all the problems. They fixed my mirror then i had to come back so they can rebuff to remove swearls. It was raining the day i picked up my car and didnt see until i got home that the swearls were still there!!!! i Live in brooklyn and made like 5 trips all the way to bill kold Keep in mind was was 4 and change per gallon at that time. It was my first car and the worse experince i ever went through. Also ive took my car in for service at Universal subaru and they raped me when thay charged me like 170$ and all they did was changed all my flueds in my car and the oil filter.

For those that live in New York.

Where do you guys take your car for service? and about how much they charge you?

I also bought my Legacy there.

Took off the ELITE and Bill Kold Badges off the next day.

I also had problems there when i bought my car about a year and a half ago.

They gave me the car with the back window chiped. Also with swearls all over the car which i didnt see because i was excited to drive away in my first car. So i called Bill kolb and told them all the problems. They fixed my mirror then i had to come back so they can rebuff to remove swearls. It was raining the day i picked up my car and didnt see until i got home that the swearls were still there!!!! i Live in brooklyn and made like 5 trips all the way to bill kold Keep in mind was was 4 and change per gallon at that time. It was my first car and the worse experince i ever went through. Also ive took my car in for service at Universal subaru and they raped me when thay charged me like 170$ and all they did was changed all my flueds in my car and the oil filter.

For those that live in New York.

Where do you guys take your car for service? and about how much they charge you?

town motors in englewood NJ, and liberty subaru in oradell nj, are much closer than kolb if you are comming from NYC. they are just over the GWB.

town motors in englewood NJ, and liberty subaru in oradell nj, are much closer than kolb if you are comming from NYC. they are just over the GWB.

Do they charge as much as Universal Subaru for servise?

BK scratched my console bezel pretty badly when replacing my CD changer (only problem in 40k)

I dreaded the repair for this very reason. Told the BK sevice advisor to order a new one, been 2 years already.

thank god my car only needs oil and gas or I'd have a real problem on my skinny little hands.

• 3 months later...
http://www.bkcars.com/elite/rear_logo.jpghttp://www.bkcars.com/elite/front_seats.jpg

:lol:

does anyone own one of these 'elite' branded legacys? i found one in Hanover, MA at planet subaru and i'm seriously considering buying it. i just wanted a regular 2.5iSE so it seems like a bonus to scoop leather and fog lamps. I'm not paying much more than the price of a similar SE with a higher miles. Are the seats the same just recovered? I'm worried they are cheaper seats all together or perhaps the power driver seat on this SE isn't the same as the OM?

Don't pay more than a regular 'for sale' Legacy of the same vintage.

Some leather shop and embroidery do not make a custom Legacy. Don't be had by these dudes.

Pay what it's actually worth and get the leather and um, sweet 'elite' badges as a bonus.

i hope its not riveted on there. its actually my girlfriend who is buying it. if i cant get the badge off the back b/c of rivets i'll defiantly send kolb some hate mail. maybe sign his dealership up for some unwanted spam and such..hehe.

IMO, these dealer upgrades should decrese the value of the car just as any aftermarket parts would. they are a liability shice they would not be covered under subaru factory warranty. lets say, for example, that the aftermarket leather causes the seat heater to malfunction and short out the cars electrical system and the dealer finds the aftermerket leather to be at fault. subaru wont cover that. so aftermarket parts dealer, installed or not, that jeprodizes the cars warantee should decrease the cars value.

ok thanks for the input. i don't believe your specific example would be an issue b/c the car doesnt have seat warmers. But i see your point. the Fog lamps it has might not be the subaru OEM and therefor if they shorted out the electrical and it was at fault it could void some warranty coverage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived