LegacyGT.com

what does the B stand for in Spec B??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B for blind because people who own a spec b are blind to better cars out there, and belive god hand built there cars and delivered them to them with butterfly kisses and lube, and that they are better then any other subaru and any other car in the world ever

;p

B for blind because people who own a spec b are blind to better cars out there, and belive god hand built there cars and delivered them to them with butterfly kisses and lube, and that they are better then any other subaru and any other car in the world ever

;p

:iam: why some people still insist on posting things like this. I could name the reasons I justified the spec.B over a CTS4 and a G37x (the two other cars I would have gone for), but you could just do a search on here for the various reasons. Put simply, the spec.B had what I wanted right from the factory, including a manual. That was my only reason for not going for a G37x. There was nothing else in that price range that offered AWD a manual and a good lever of performance.

B actually stands for Bauer. As in Spec Jack Bauer. It's the greatest of ALL cars.

No. The Spec N > Spec B.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

:iam: why some people still insist on posting things like this. I could name the reasons I justified the spec.B over a CTS4 and a G37x (the two other cars I would have gone for), but you could just do a search on here for the various reasons. Put simply, the spec.B had what I wanted right from the factory, including a manual. That was my only reason for not going for a G37x. There was nothing else in that price range that offered AWD a manual and a good lever of performance.

You are the only one making a serious post. The OP got what he asked now let the children play. I still dont know why people want nissan manual cars, they break left and right. I hope the 6 speed in the g37 and 370z is better cause if not its another performance car form nissan you cant drive hard.

true that, for me to, all i wanted was awd, turbo, stick, and subaru was the only one that delivered a good car like that for a reasonable price so im def happy

The 22B was different, but the B4 was also a Bilstein car IIRC. They also have the GT-B in non-America.

The 22B didn't have Bilstein's, but it did have an EJ22B. That was the classification of a closed-deck, 2.2L, DOHC motor. The USDM 2.2Turbo was classified the EJ22T, while others were the D and E. At least if my memory serves, that's the story behind it. I believe the suspension on the 22B was a set of STi branded coilovers (that may well have been built by Bilstein, as Subaru had a relationship with them at the time).

:spin::spin::spin::spin:

No no no no no. All wrong. The 22B DID have bilsteins, and it's engine was the EJ22K, based off the V4 STi EJ20K, since it was basically V4 type R with a wide body kit. B4 stands for Boxer 4, or Boxer 4wd depending on who you talk to. And GTB's were what Spec-B's were before they were called Spec-B's.

No I was being sarcastic, but the sad part is you see this as a place to defend you choice, I dont care what you get and why but from what I read on here people who own a spec b think they out perform M5's and Ferrari's, and that all of us are idiots for not buying one, so I am simply poking fun at it.

If I had 35 grand for a spec B would I buy one? Maybe but I dont see the epic amazingness of the spec b over a GT, from what I gather it just the most expensive model with standard upgraded shocks and struts and a 6 speed instead of a 5, hardly seems to me honestly that it deserves to get the worship that the people who own them give them.

:spin::spin::spin::spin:

No no no no no. All wrong. The 22B DID have bilsteins, and it's engine was the EJ22K, based off the V4 STi EJ20K, since it was basically V4 type R with a wide body kit. B4 stands for Boxer 4, or Boxer 4wd depending on who you talk to. And GTB's were what Spec-B's were before they were called Spec-B's.

Hmm, good to know. I thought the 22B had STi coilovers with the engine code EJ22B. I could have sworn the block was based off of the USDM EJ22t (effectively a variation of the 20k). Did the EJ20k have oil squirters? I thought that was a feature limited to the USDM Legacy Turbo and the Impreza 22B.

We never got GT-B's over here, and didn't all B4's have bilsteins?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Correction. There's only one LGT.com contributor who throws that kind of attitude around. He's just loud enough to give the rest of us a bad name.

No I was being sarcastic, but the sad part is you see this as a place to defend you choice, I dont care what you get and why but from what I read on here people who own a spec b think they out perform M5's and Ferrari's, and that all of us are idiots for not buying one, so I am simply poking fun at it.

If I had 35 grand for a spec B would I buy one? Maybe but I dont see the epic amazingness of the spec b over a GT, from what I gather it just the most expensive model with standard upgraded shocks and struts and a 6 speed instead of a 5, hardly seems to me honestly that it deserves to get the worship that the people who own them give them.

And here you go, seriously criticizing the choice of a significant minority of your fellow enthusiasts. :rolleyes:

You would worship, too, if you had ever driven one...:lol:

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived