LegacyGT.com

Korean BBQ and Soju

mrjk77

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

installed the tail overlays today since it finally stopped raining. got the gunsmoked. these things were just what i was looking for. not too dark and looking great!

BEFORE:

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/mrjk77/LGT/DSCF1116.jpg

AFTER:

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/mrjk77/LGT/DSCF1118.jpg

^ Yes.... What is it?

Guesses: Digital Picture Frame, HBO, backup camera on a downtown mural, iTunes cover art zooming in or out, government surveillance of two diplomats and a spy (censored)... got it yet?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

i'm Jae. nice to meet ya Darin. i was thinking of the bc br coilovers too (but not intending to buy them until i go stage 2) the tein basic coilovers and import image's bc br coilovers are similar in price. i wanna know if there is any difference btw the two... im gonna be riding in somebody's aftermarket suspension car june 14th :icon_twis maybe jump from car to car every 10 miles....

barrett: thanks for the full rez. miller is hawttttt lol

Tein basic comes from a serious company, but it is not adjustable in any way (except maybe height (check it)). BC is fully adjustable, but does not have as much available strut travel distance as the Teins. Or get KWs and go on knowing there's nothing better for a DD (unless you want a really firm ride).

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

i think ean611 has the intro from topgear playing on his nav, i'm guessing he rigged up an interesting video input setup? (but i am n00b level 9000 when it comes to interior audio/video)

and climberD is correct, the tein basics do not feature adjustable dampening, the ride height is adjustable though. but i was going to go with a strut/spring combo anyway, so the adjustable ride height is somewhat of an advantage. i've done a little more city driving on the coils now and i'm pretty happy the way it absorbs the bumps over boston roads. the only time it's really harsh is when i'm crossing an uneven surface with a marked change like this || but even over potholes (small, someitmes you just can't avoid them all) it's pretty decent, better than stock suspension actually.

car tracks a lot better and the body roll is much more controlled. steering response also seems to have improved, but could just be placebo haha.

I just used the OEM Nav video input with a Western Digital WD TV.

The WD TV has two USB ports, so you can plug two USB devices into it. (Including iPods, Hard drives, etc)

It has SPDIF out, which I use to go into my radio. It'll do music or movies. (I installed it for the music)

It's quite awesome.

If anyone ever needs help installing an aftermarket head unit, call me. I have an AVIC f700 in my car, it's awesome.

did you install in the cubby? is there a thread w/ write up?

bmononana, you "can't". Look into the dual HVAC mod on these boards, including cutting the PCB and modifying the OEM radio into that.

My car is an 08, but that is an 05 stereo modded into a kit.

on a random note, i f*cking hate boston drivers !!

i've practically gotten into an accident two days in a row now. both times the other drivers were not paying attention, this one guy was pulling left out of a parkade across two lanes to cross over a double lined divider to head the other direction but didn't even look to see that i was oncoming and he just ripped out and i practically t-boned that motherf*cker. then yesterday night on storrow i was in the lefthand lane, a car had already taken the exit on the far left before changing its mind and cutting across the median and practically side swiping me. both times the drivers honked at me like i did something wrong, haha :iam: what a bunch of ass wipes.

anyway, i bet i'm going to die in a multiple rollover accident today.

naw, i'd bet those are people from the suburbs TRYING to drive in boston.. they don't usually drive around here, since they take the T or commuter rail to work everyday. people who live in boston know how to drive around the city. it's the people who don't have a f'in clue where they are going that annoys both me and u.

naw, i'd bet those are people from the suburbs TRYING to drive in boston.. they don't usually drive around here, since they take the T or commuter rail to work everyday. people who live in boston know how to drive around the city. it's the people who don't have a f'in clue where they are going that annoys both me and u.

Forget Boston proper drivers...everyone in this freakin state sucks at driving. Entirely unpredictable and totally oblivious thanks to 30+% of morons talking on their phones without using hand's free. My favorite is the "I'm going to make a u-turn from the right (of 2) left turn lane"...happens all the time on Rt9.

Dear Moron,

If you need to u-turn so you can buy a nasty sofa at Jordan's, get in the inside turn lane mmmm-kay?

Sincerely,

Not amused in Natick

rofl. yeah, it really annoys me to see people driving while talking on their phone. i was following some retard yesterday on 3, who was braking/acc constantly for no good reason. traffic was heavy, but was moving well. not only are you getting poor mpg, but you're also annoying me! haha. maybe because we're all so old that we began driving when cell phones didn't even exist! (well at least for me). i remember my dad wouldn't even let me listen to the radio when i first began driving...bc i need to concentrate and stuff. :spin:

tint looks good, jeff! cant wait to install mine...

I installed mine at Tint King in Billerica, and they really did an awesome job...

Highly recommended by several other members here as well...

;););)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

did you install in the cubby? is there a thread w/ write up?

I have manual climate controls, so no I did not. I wish I could have though would have been cool. I think there is a write up somewhere.

Archived