LegacyGT.com

Korean BBQ and Soju

mrjk77

:) I don't think there's a planned meeting yet hehe.. we should exchange numbers or send group emails out when we do this last minute thing..

Agree 110%. Last time I only got the message two days later, well it was the holiday weekend anyways....

Vote for a group email blast...

Maybe a Facebook thing???

;-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to sound all self-centered, but in a month I'm moving to Dallas. Hopefully there will be a meet before then. It was a lot of fun knowing some of you guys.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

My fiancee hates how loud it is on the highway, might ship it instead. Or finally e-dead it. I also need to drive the moving truck.

I'll be gone from the 1st-4th, otherwise game for a meet. I also don't have the leggy done yet, need an oil line and turbo stud still.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

ClimberD, If you want to spend a weekend e-deading before you go, let me know! (I have to do my car as well..haven't gotten to it).

Oh heck yes! E-dead party. I know we wanted to do this. In a couple weeks, I would say definitely. Let's be in touch.

ClimberD, we'll need torque wrenches (for reassembly), and lots of space.

Also, let me know ASAP which day you're thinking of, as I'd need to order edead :p (I don't have any...not good)

Not to sound all self-centered, but in a month I'm moving to Dallas. Hopefully there will be a meet before then. It was a lot of fun knowing some of you guys.

Lots of good restaurants in the Dallas area...

Good luck with your move pal... Driving the truck yourself or hiring a moving company?

We should definitely try to organize a meet soon - either weekday or weekend...It's so great outside nowadays...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

got some practical use out of the suby. did some kayaking this weekend and my friend's truck is busted, but he has the Thule rack attachments for the kayaks, and I have a Thule rack with load bars...this is the result...

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs032.snc1/4310_521356305912_29100379_31012725_875303_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs032.snc1/4310_521356390742_29100379_31012742_3274088_n.jpg

and to be sorta on-topic, we should try to do a meet before you guys move away. especially if Dave finishes his parts upgrades...i wanna see what that beast feels like.

barrett, you still want my mufflers?

or....anyone? FS: prodrive axlebacks $500, no pics at the moment; still on my car. i'm moving, and going to be commuting more + i figure i should let an LGT have the pleasure. they hooked right up without any probs on my sedan and they stick out about 1.5-2" from the bumper so you can see the prodrive logo on the tip. will get some pics when i take them off

barrett, you still want my mufflers?

or....anyone? FS: prodrive axlebacks $500, no pics at the moment; still on my car. i'm moving, and going to be commuting more + i figure i should let an LGT have the pleasure. they hooked right up without any probs on my sedan and they stick out about 1.5-2" from the bumper so you can see the prodrive logo on the tip. will get some pics when i take them off

Katalyst - thanks for keeping me in mind but I think I'm gonna forgo mufflers for the moment, good luck with the sale/move though!!

What size tires would I need to run 18 by 7.5 rims?

215 or 225 according to Xenok..

The rule of thumb is that your tire sectional width should not surpass the tire width. Look at the tire specs and do the math.

Usually they are listed on inches already, if not, just convert to inches by dividing (the millimeters number) by 25.6.

Example from Tirerack Kuhmo Ecsta AST:

225/40/18 has a section width of 9.1" - so on this case not recommended for a 7.5"

On the other hand, the Hancock Ventus S1 Evo even though the same size (225/40/18) has a section width of 9". So you could use that one on a 7.5" wheel...

Hope this helps!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Whats the difference between tire sectional width and tire width?? Sorry I'm confused I'm a tire noob

Are you referring to each section of the tread width as compared to overall width? If so then why is 9.1 is not recomended but the 9 is? it's only a difference of .1

??????? so confused.

There you go!

I was going to post this page with this quote:

Section Width A tire's section width (also called "cross section width") is the measurement of the tire's width from its inner sidewall to its outer sidewall (excluding any protective ribs, decorations or raised letters) at the widest point. This measurement is made without any load placed upon the tire and after the tire has been properly mounted on its industry assigned measuring rim and has been inflated and reset to its test pressure after 24 hours.

Because a tire's section width is influenced by the width of the rim upon which the tire is mounted, the correct industry assigned measuring rim width for the tire size being measured must be used.

The width of a tire mounted on a narrow rim would be "narrower" than if the same tire was mounted on a wide rim. NOTE: because the overall diameter of a steel belted radial is determined by the steel belts, there is little, if any, change to the overall diameter of the tire due to differences in rim width.

The industry rule of thumb is that for every 1/2" change in rim width, the tire's section width will correspondingly change by approximately 2/10".

For example: a tire in the P205/60R15 size is measured on a 6.0" wide wheel and this size tire has an approved rim width range from 5.5" to 7.5" wide. The tire has a section width of 8.23" (209mm) when mounted on a 6.0" wide wheel. If that tire were mounted on all of the rims within its approved range, the tire's approximate section width would change as follows:

Difference from

Measuring Rim Rim

Width Approximate Tire

section width 0.5" narrower 5.5" 8.03" Measuring Rim 6.0" 8.23" 0.5" wider 6.5" 8.43" 1.0" wider 7.0" 8.63" 1.5" wider 7.5" 8.93"

Because of the different wheel widths used in the above example, there is a 9/10" projected difference in tire section width when comparing a tire mounted on the narrowest rim to the widest rim within its range. This may affect fenderwell and frame clearances when selecting optional aftermarket wheel and tire packages

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I may end up going with the s1 evos, there so cheap right now...

And great tires too!!!

Ask around, some people here in this forum got them, I know for sure mrjk77 did...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

On the other hand, the Hancock Ventus S1 Evo even though the same size (225/40/18) has a section width of 9". So you could use that one on a 7.5" wheel...

Hope this helps!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

:lol: you mean hankook.

he meant Hancock tires because it'll give your car super powassss!!!

(Hancock the movie just in case the joke flew by ppl's heads.... im known for 'sullung' jokes. >_>)

Archived