LegacyGT.com

Slower stg 1?

DankWRX

I reflashed to stg 1 and was impressed. After a few days it feels different. I've heard that the ECU "learns" your driving style and adapts. I know the butt dyno is not always the most accurate, but it feels slower than day 1. any thoughts?

It doesn't learn driving style. It learns the limits of the tune and/or to deal with mechanical problems (probably not in your case). It learns to hold back some timing in places it has seen knock... or worse it will hold back timing across the board.

But you might just be getting used to it. I'd find out for sure by doing some logging.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

lol ^

But I am planning on picking up a 08/09 LGT in May, and Did you deff notice a large diffrence in the cars power from Stock to StgI and to StgII?

Because I know in some cars its amazing the difference and others its so so

It doesn't learn driving style. It learns the limits of the tune and/or to deal with mechanical problems (probably not in your case). It learns to hold back some timing in places it has seen knock... or worse it will hold back timing across the board.

But you might just be getting used to it. I'd find out for sure by doing some logging.

:whore:

lol ^

But I am planning on picking up a 08/09 LGT in May, and Did you deff notice a large diffrence in the cars power from Stock to StgI and to StgII?

Because I know in some cars its amazing the difference and others its so so

With a good tune a stage 2 car can pick up 70whp and 80-90wtrq. Alot people dyno 190whp and stage 2 can put down 260 or even 270whp. You will feel that difference for sure lol. But then you will get used to it as i am with my stage 2.

Stay out of the throttle for a couple of days, I was thinking my car wasn't that fast anymore until I tried saving some gas. I punched it the other day and was all smiles.

seriously. I don't get a chance to drive hard in my day to day work commute (drive the whole way down a straight, one lane each direction road 40mph where people usually go 10 below the speed limit) so on the weekends when i go out and get to drive it a little i just cant wipe the grin off my face.

though i try not to do it as much with the winter tires on...every time i accelerate quick i can feel the rubber flexing under me. leads me to believe they'll be wearing quick...

seriously. I don't get a chance to drive hard in my day to day work commute (drive the whole way down a straight, one lane each direction road 40mph where people usually go 10 below the speed limit)

Ha! , So you still work in RI? I cannot fathom why people can't at least do the speed limit. Murphys law......" if the road has a double yellow line, someone is heading a pack of 30 cars going 10mph below the speed limit".

Yeah, I get that grin once or twice a week. Other people must look at me like "WTF is he so happy about"?:)

I reflashed to stg 1 and was impressed. After a few days it feels different. I've heard that the ECU "learns" your driving style and adapts. I know the butt dyno is not always the most accurate, but it feels slower than day 1. any thoughts?

It's just you/us getting used to the power. My stage stfu lgt has started to feel tame.

The ecu doesn't learn your 'driving style'.

It's just you/us getting used to the power. My stage stfu lgt has started to feel tame.

The ecu doesn't learn your 'driving style'.

+1 but you really should log your car to see how your car is running. You should make a plan on how you want to modd your car and how much power you want. But I can tell you I have not got to the point that my FMIC 20g/EWG setup feels slow. It's just on the brink of being really too much for the street. It's fine as a daily driver but, I wouldn't let anyone drive my car without me. Everybody can't handle a car that holds 20psi from @3400 to 7000rpms. I don't see why you need a turbo any bigger then a 20g.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Ha! , So you still work in RI? I cannot fathom why people can't at least do the speed limit. Murphys law......" if the road has a double yellow line, someone is heading a pack of 30 cars going 10mph below the speed limit".

Yeah, I get that grin once or twice a week. Other people must look at me like "WTF is he so happy about"?:)

haha nah, very similar to RI, stupid Rt. 20 in MA. runs from boston to central MA and the section I drive from outside boston to Sudbury, MA is horrible.

+1 but you really should log your car to see how your car is running. You should make a plan on how you want to modd your car and how much power you want. But I can tell you I have not got to the point that my FMIC 20g/EWG setup feels slow. It's just on the brink of being really too much for the street. It's fine as a daily driver but, I wouldn't let anyone drive my car without me. Everybody can't handle a car that holds 20psi from @3400 to 7000rpms. I don't see why you need a turbo any bigger then a 20g.

I sure hope not:lol:. I'm envious. When this shit economy clears up I'm getting a used short block and I'm going to build a monster FG 20g 8cm motor.

Have you ever been in a subaru with a >20g sized turbo, that is why. Once you taste it you want it.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Have you ever been in a subaru with a >20g sized turbo, that is why. Once you taste it you want it.

I have but, in a street car how much do you need. This is what I make on 91 cali pump gas: http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/05_LGT_Wagon_FP_20g_EWG1.jpg and here is mine on e85:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/Bryan_E85.jpg. So I know what more power feels like. But, I prefer a more linear power that comes on sooner and is smoother than a more laggy power that it's more of a off /on switch. That's why I got the 20g than something bigger. But, that is just what I like.:rolleyes:

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

hey i ran a td05-20g 8cm for midrange linear power just like you, i think i'm going to miss it. You sure do like spamming those dynographs around the forum. ;) Your setup is def sweet and you would hang with most big turbo guys until illegal speeds.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Archived