LegacyGT.com

do it yourself tinting???

just from reading, listening and overall understanding of tint. getting it done professionally is well worth the money. most places have a lifetime bubble warrenty and the film may be better quality than what is sold in the stores.

+1

Professional all the way. And not even all tinters are created equal. Go to one with a good reputation or ask someone who has a nice tint job on their car where they got it done at. An amateur is just not going to be able to do a worthwile job.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a friend who does it professionally

from what hes told me, the tint he uses is much higher quality than your normal autozone stuff

the glass must be perfectly clean, and you gotta sit there and "smooth" out bubbles at they form when you are letting the adhesive dry

Have it done by a professional. First, if they mess it up(ie:scratches,bubbles,ect..) they have to fix it. Second, if you want colored, mirrored, dark tint, they either have it or can order it in for you. Lastly,and more important, they do it every day so the shop has the experience and hopefully a good rep!

• 2 weeks later...
Get in the zone! AUTOZONE!! No just kidding, I had mine done professionally, cost me an arm and a leg but totally worth it.

yeah, but you drive an auto. It would be hard to drive an MT missing an arm and a leg :p

Archived