LegacyGT.com

I would like to rally support and encouragement for our dear brother Matt !

f1anatic

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gosh were you coming from Colorado ?

Thank you guys.

Hell yeah I was! If it weren't for this "blizzard" that's going on right now and the my lack of attention, I would have already started heading that way. :)

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

We just had the cruise yesterday. Here are some photo's if anyone is interested. There should be many more once everyone gets a chance to upload them.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk258/Ken-Cravillion/Subaru%20Stuff/Subaru_Panorama2.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk258/Ken-Cravillion/Subaru%20Stuff/Subaru-GTG_1331.jpg

For all of you who know the name but have never met him. This is Matt at our cruise last weekend. He goes back for another round of Chemo Monday.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk258/Ken-Cravillion/Subaru%20Stuff/Subaru-GTG_1387.jpg

Guest heightsgtltd
Nice to put a face with the cause. Glad to hear it all worked out well. Can we expect to see something in Drive about it?

Nice work guys. From Bogdan's planning, oganizing and barking commands, to Brad's getting Drive magazine involved, to the great turnout that even included appearances by Boxer and that RC dude ;). Sorry I missed it. Usual excuse: I had to work that weekend :icon_sad:.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that Jenny and I made it back up to Rochester (Mayo Clinic) alright. Tomorrow they will be pulling 2 wisdom teeth, doing blood tests and running a C.T. Scan on me in preparation of the Chemo and stem-cell transplant.

I feel as ready as I can be (a big part of that is because of all of yall's support!) for all of this and will try to update here as much as possible.

I'm sorry if I have been unable to send personal "thank you e-mails" to everyone that has made donations but hope it's ok to say it here as well. Thank God for a group of guys (and women) like yall.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that Jenny and I made it back up to Rochester (Mayo Clinic) alright. Tomorrow they will be pulling 2 wisdom teeth, doing blood tests and running a C.T. Scan on me in preparation of the Chemo and stem-cell transplant.

I feel as ready as I can be (a big part of that is because of all of yall's support!) for all of this and will try to update here as much as possible.

I'm sorry if I have been unable to send personal "thank you e-mails" to everyone that has made donations but hope it's ok to say it here as well. Thank God for a group of guys (and women) like yall.

Get well soon, mate.

We all know you appreciate all the support you can get from even those across the seas.

Best wishes to you, Buddy. You're in great hands at Mayo. Get better and keep a positive attitude it will change your life!

Rehab is for quitters.

Were prayin for you dude.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Nice work guys. From Bogdan's planning, organizing and barking commands, to Brad's getting Drive magazine involved, to the great turnout that even included appearances by Boxer and that RC dude ;). Sorry I missed it. Usual excuse: I had to work that weekend :icon_sad:.

Given your comments I am really starting to feel like a upcoming and promising dictator while the North Central forum; landscape and people is my fiefdom. A sort of Nicolae Ceausescu; Egon Krentz; Todor Zhivkov; Slobodan Milosevic; Wojciech Jaruzelski - and all the other little Stalins of post-WW2 would be proud of my iron grip on the North Central Subaru affairs.

It was for a great cause and I am really confident we will all get together and celebrate Matt's full recovery this summer in La Crosse. I am truly thankful to everyone : Brad; Dave; Kamil; Roman, Eric, Tom; Bob; Steve and all the great men and women of the Subaru North Central Section.

Guest heightsgtltd

You guys make me proud :)

Good luck with everything Matt.

On a lighter note, here's hoping SOA eventually offers another Legacy that makes us stick around on this site to do more good things :lol:

+1 to everything including hts comment.:lol::lol:

Matt get yourself some ice cream for those wisdom teeth. It's one of the only things you can eat since it's a semisolid and the cold helps keep the swelling down. I wish I had some advice for the other stuff but I have never had chemo. Just keep your head up and picture twisties of Northwest Wisconsin this summer.;)

That is so cool that the donations and ride went as well as they did. I so wish I could have made it to the meet. Argh! Anyhow, needless to say, I'm pretty impressed!

Give it hell, Matt! We're all pulling for you... :)

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

That is so cool that the donations and ride went as well as they did. I so wish I could have made it to the meet. Argh! Anyhow, needless to say, I'm pretty impressed!

Give it hell, Matt! We're all pulling for you... :)

Dont you mean imprezzed ;)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Hi Everyone here's an update,

I met w/ the Stem-Cell Transplant team today and everything is a go for my transplant. All of my labs looked good and the C.T. Scan looked great as well. Below is my itinerary for the next week or so. Be forewarned that schedules change frequently here and I will try to update everyone with any/all changes (If I'm not too sick to).

April 10, 2009 (Tonight) 10:00 pm

Neupogen growth factor injection (This series of injections tell the bone marrow to start producing large quantities of stem-cells)

April 11, 2009 - 2:30 pm

Neupogen growth factor injection (This series of injections tell the bone marrow to start producing large quantities of stem-cells)

April 12, 2009 - 9:45 am

April 13, 2009 - 9:00 am

Palindrome Catheter Placement (This is the "Central Line" tubes that will connect to the artery and vein in my chest. It will stay in place for the remainder of harvesting, chemotherapy and care after chemo)That's gonna leave a mark!

April 13, 2009 - 1:30 pm

April 13, 2009 - 2:00 pm

Labs (This bloodwork will give the team an idea of how many stem-cells are in the blood as well as other basic levels)

April 13, 2009 - 8:00 pm

Plerixifor Injection (This recently approved medicine "gets the stem-cells moving" and moves the stem-cells from the bone marrow into the blood stream for harvesting)

Depending on the results of my labwork I will start Harvesting the stem-cells the followiing day...

April 14, 2009 - 8:00 am

Stem-Cell Collection (This is the "harvesting" of the Stem-Cells which involves me being hooked up to a machine through the catheter in my chest. Blood will be pulled out of one tube, spun in a centrifuge and stem-cells collected, the remaining blood will be put back in the other tube in my chest. This requires me to be hooked up to the "Apheresis" machine for 4-5 hours. They say this will be somewhat exhausting even though I'll be laying in a hospital bed the entire time. One hour prior to the end of this I will recieve another Neupogen growth factor injection )

April 14, 2009 - 8:00 pm

Plerixifor Injection (This recently approved medicine "gets the stem-cells moving" and moves the stem-cells from the bone marrow into the blood stream for harvesting)

April 15, 2009 - 7:00 am

Stem-Cell Collection (This is the "harvesting" of the Stem-Cells which involves me being hooked up to a machine through the catheter in my chest. Blood will be pulled out of one tube, spun in a centrifuge and stem-cells collected, the remaining blood will be put back in the other tube in my chest. This requires me to be hooked up to the "Apheresis" machine for 4-5 hours. They say this will be somewhat exhausting even though I'll be laying in a hospital bed the entire time. One hour prior to the end of this I will recieve another Neupogen growth factor injection )

April 15, 2009 - 8:00 pm

April 16, 2009 - 7:00 am

April 16, 2009 - 8:00 pm

Plerixifor Injection (This recently approved medicine "gets the stem-cells moving" and moves the stem-cells from the bone marrow into the blood stream for harvesting. Are you still reading the explanation for this :))

April 17, 2009 - 7:00 am

April 17, 2009 - 8:00 pm

You guessed it! Plerixifor Injection

After all of the above we will HOPEFULLY have all the Stem-Cells we need. The Team wants between 2 and 5 million stem-cells/Kg. I currently weigh 119 Kilos so that's between 238,000,000 and 595,000,000 stem-cells that need to be harvested. Interesting factiod: That's enough stem-cells for every woman, man and child in the U.S. to have one.

Again, the doctors say this will be exhausting (I wonder why??) But after they have harvested what they need I will begin 6 Days of Chemotherapy. That Schedule has not come out yet so stay tuned for the next update.

Thanks for the prayers, I need 'em.

Love Yall,

Matt Baucom

(some of yall know me ass zzztech13)

Archived